Taking Part As A Casual Tier 1 Player - Worth It?

1 reply to this topic

#1 Uakari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 07:31 AM

Would that make sense? I am tier 1, although i know that does not often mean a lot. I can do very well in quickplays, have some mediocre solaris W/L ratio somewhere between 1.3 and 7 depending on division. I refuse to play the usual ac2 metal builds so, so i guess i could do much matter.
Not much faction play experience, but i manage damage scores around 2000 with 7-8 kills regularly, rarely going up to 3000 dmg without dmg farming with lrms.

Any chance to have fun in competitive play (i know i need 11 other players for that) or would we get stomped all the time? I saw some of the best players play and i know i am no match for them. Are there some "just for fun" teams in comp play?

#2 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:00 AM

It's free swag basically, you can learn a bit about the competitive scene and the matches aren't half bad (that being said the stock mode does constrain things noticeably and negatively imo, open mechbay comp is still much more fun and varied I'd say).

So what have you got to lose?

I know several teams are looking for guys to round out their rosters even at this late date, so you still have the chance to jump in and get drops and win some free pixels in the time frame remaining.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users