39 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 09 August 2018 - 07:36 AM

Not everyone enjoys playing Brawler Styled Mechs, and Not all Mechs are Brawlers.

Yet trying to control and Nerf weapons to make them all equal have all but eliminated specialty roles, and those Mechs intended for such roles pretty much suck.

Poptarts,,,,,gone
Snipers.....a shadow of their former selves
Tanks.....The Atlas has turned into a pushover
Fire Suppression....Nerfed into oblivion.
Hammer Time Mechs.....Nerfed into oblivion
Clan Mechs....Many can no longer compete with IS, much less fight their way out of a paper bag.
Scouts....Getting more and more useless.

If the new targeting Nerfs hit, especially to NARC, Mechs such as the Raven will be tossed onto the toadstool pile. The game has simply been over Nerfed. "Don't Sneeze you'll kill something on screen."

We need to buff, to make the game more fun. We especially need to hunt down the bugs in this game that still haunt us. The in-game rewards system still does not work, many players can't get into a FW match without getting booted from the game. Players have stopped complaining to deaf ears, or have even quite, moving onto other non mech based games.

There are a few ways to correct this. The brawler crowd, learn to take on a variety of playstyles instead of having it all in your back yard.
Buff weapons, stop the nerf.
Bolt on Items. Imagine AA shoulder mounts that would take down an air strike or UAV
One Shot Jump Jet Packs
Cockpit items that grant small benefits or C-Bill awards.

It can be done!

#2 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 09 August 2018 - 07:43 AM

I have no idea what your are getting at. There are numerous effective ranged builds.

#3 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 09 August 2018 - 07:56 AM

Brawl is actually one of the least effective playstyles right now, IMO.

Yes, you can brawl in some maps in Faction Play's Siege mode if you're on defense... and in a few QP maps it's viable, but otherwise... it's pretty meh. SRM's and Pulse Lasers have been nerfed pretty hard, so they're just not good enough to make up for having to take a lot of fire on the way in to a fight. Annihilators can get away with it because they have so much armor, but that's about it.

#4 Tetatae Squawkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,028 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Kaetetôã

Posted 09 August 2018 - 08:28 AM

I don't think short range peek and poke and brawling are the same thing.

#5 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 09 August 2018 - 08:53 AM

Brawling? I see mid-range laser vomit left and right. This is NOT brawling. Brawling is done when the enemy team is outnumbered and then rushed

Edited by Bush Hopper, 09 August 2018 - 08:53 AM.

#6 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 09 August 2018 - 10:43 AM

Say hello to the game many people apparently want:

Posted Image

#7 Tetatae Squawkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,028 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Kaetetôã

Posted 09 August 2018 - 10:55 AM

View PostMystere, on 09 August 2018 - 10:43 AM, said:

Say hello to the game many people apparently want:

Posted Image

Hell yes I want physical attacks. That's nothing to be ashamed of.

Posted Image

Maybe some:
Posted Image

And a little:
Posted Image

Edited by Tetatae Squawkins, 09 August 2018 - 11:02 AM.

#8 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:12 AM

View PostTetatae Squawkins, on 09 August 2018 - 10:55 AM, said:

Posted Image

I love Ash and that chainsaw!

#9 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:51 AM

Would love to see more brawling in QP but I know good and well I'm just shelving most brawler builds because mid range/long range poke is so dominate I just have moments of pure boredom or uselessness because most of the time I'm waiting for a strong push or some random mech trying to flank.

#10 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 09 August 2018 - 01:10 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 09 August 2018 - 11:51 AM, said:

Would love to see more brawling in QP but I know good and well I'm just shelving most brawler builds because mid range/long range poke is so dominate I just have moments of pure boredom or uselessness because most of the time I'm waiting for a strong push or some random mech trying to flank.

If you wanna brawl, play faction. A 12 man team doing a brawl push can be decent if everyone has good builds for it, and pushes together.

#11 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 09 August 2018 - 01:14 PM

Speaking specifically about poptarts - they still exist, they're just not the only way to play the game like they used to be.

#12 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:41 PM

View PostKalimaster, on 09 August 2018 - 07:36 AM, said:

Poptarts,,,,,gone
Clan Mechs....Many can no longer compete with IS, much less fight their way out of a paper bag.

Wow you actually managed 0 for 7.

Poptart; Still an effective tactic, especially for mobile skirmishers. Hunchie IIC with ERPPCs and JJs can wreck house, Highlander with a GR or UAC/10 with 2 MRM30s can chew people up. Et cetera.

Sniper; Still see them around, and they are quite useful in anyone else's hand than the people that were in them that did nothing but hide the entire match plinking at people from beyond their optimal range where theyre only doing 20-50% damage.

Tank; Lol, git gud. Yes, they made tanking harder. However that was because the really good tanks could be piloted by a brain dead idiot and still clean house. Now, you actually have to position yourself and make sure you have backup instead of just being able to blunder out infront of the entire enemy team without taking appreciable damage to yourself.

Fire Suppression; Any mech with 2 or more ballistics hardpoints says hi.

Clan: Lol.

Scouts; Meh, 50/50. A good scout will still rack up assists and such by actually scouting targets instead of designating a target to death by LRMs.

There are a few ways to correct this. The brawler crowd, learn to take on a variety of playstyles instead of having it all in your back yard.

Lol. By the sounds of it I'd really like to see you try (and fail) at brawling. OUtside of situations where a brawler can sneak his way up close to the enemy team with support along with him, brawling doesn't achieve all that much. Sure, when those situations happen said brawlers are extremely deadly, but outside of there they have no use.

Depends on the weapons. Some need little nerfs, others need buffs, most are fine as they are.

Bolt on Items. Imagine AA shoulder mounts that would take down an air strike or UAV

**** no. Learn how to use your arm weapons, they exist on the arms for a reason. If I had a nickel for every time I saw someone on my team with primarily arm based weapons but ran around with arms locked...

One Shot Jump Jet Packs

Why? Just buff JJs so theyre more useful.

Already a thing as rewards for purchases or events.

#13 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:59 PM

Poptarts are still there, just not that much in use :(

#14 LordBraxton

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 03:18 PM

Clan power creep destroyed brawling for IS, then the CSPL nerf destroyed brawling for clans.

Brawling is dead.

#15 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 09 August 2018 - 05:35 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 09 August 2018 - 01:10 PM, said:

If you wanna brawl, play faction. A 12 man team doing a brawl push can be decent if everyone has good builds for it, and pushes together.

I don't have the time or the patience to go look for a organized group and then a match on FP when I can get three to four matches in QP in the same time for waiting for a FP match.

#16 Christophe Ivanov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 385 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 09 August 2018 - 06:15 PM

As I have said in the past, lets take this game back to before the Desynch when it was fun playing. From my personal point of view, when you nerf, buff on a monthly basis, you risk too much trying to make your end goals met as you screw up one thing trying to fix another.
The past month's testing was in my view was just not enough and I could not see how anything could have shown any positive results.

#17 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 09 August 2018 - 07:26 PM

Brawling is done because of the high alpha pinpoint damage meta.
On a side note which only a handful of IS mechs can match.
When you walk around any corner and have torso blown away instantly.
Who want's to brawl?
Seriously who?

#18 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 09 August 2018 - 08:01 PM

View PostNovakaine, on 09 August 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

Who want's to brawl?
Seriously who?

I live for the brawl !
1v1 in the middle of a 12 man fight killing that mech then turning around in second later fighting another nonstop until your the last one standing! Oh baby

#19 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 09 August 2018 - 08:56 PM

Not everyone enjoys playing Brawler Styled Mechs, and Not all Mechs are Brawlers.

Yet trying to control and Nerf weapons to make them all equal have all but eliminated specialty roles, and those Mechs intended for such roles pretty much suck.

Poptarts,,,,,gone

If the new targeting Nerfs hit, especially to NARC, Mechs such as the Raven will be tossed onto the toadstool pile. The game has simply been over Nerfed. "Don't Sneeze you'll kill something on screen."

We need to buff, to make the game more fun. We especially need to hunt down the bugs in this game that still haunt us. The in-game rewards system still does not work, many players can't get into a FW match without getting booted from the game. Players have stopped complaining to deaf ears, or have even quite, moving onto other non mech based games.

One Shot Jump Jet Packs

It can be done!

Buff weapons, stop the nerf.-
-As long as pgi's 'balance' team does what they've been doing for years unlikely. Complaining to russ on twitter seems to work well if you want to nerf some thing. The only other thing that works is a lot, as in more than normal, people cancel their pre-orders of a new mech stating that reason x is why.

Bolt on Items. Imagine AA shoulder mounts that would take down an air strike or UAV-
-Already in game. You have to win them in solaris game mode doing 1 vs1 or 2 vs 2 alternately win a supply cash and it being super rare gives you a bolt on. They fall off if a slight breeze hits your mech or if you had chili and fart. They really need their own hp pool since they are just cosmetic only items with no function.

One Shot Jump Jet Packs-
Jump jets got giga nerfed when they released skill tree. If your mech has 4 or more jj investing into the jump jet tree helps it leap a building in a single bound (like they should.) Neat idea though.

Cockpit items that grant small benefits or C-Bill awards.-
Already in game...sort of...
... you could buy an ultimate (expensive as fk top tier) mech back pre-order and you got one that gave you 5% boost to either c-bills or xp. Equipped on a hero mech and used while running premium time would get you a nice hefty 85% or so boost. I forgot which pack it was. Email support and they could give more info but not sure if still able to purchase.

I agree with the general statement that pgi has nerfed other play styles a lot and hard. They either nerf a mech chassi like the IS Jenner's arms to 14 total which completely makes the J7R-F useless as fk as all its E hard points are in the arms or they nerf weapons which mech's use to depend on or were used because they worked well on certain mechs.

Guass rifles had no lame charge mechanic but since no one used acs as guass were 15 ppfd with no penalty they added the charge. Dual ac 20s were THE bane until ghost heat ment that now you can only fire them one at a time meanwhile you can fire 2x guass just fine for zero heat.

#20 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:00 AM

View PostNovakaine, on 09 August 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

Who want's to brawl?
Seriously who?

I like to brawl but what you describe is the problem. Ah, and if you have them they pop a cool shot and lol-laser-alpha once more. So fun...

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users