- - - - -

Returning After A 4Yr Hiatus And Need Advice.

22 replies to this topic

#21 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 15 August 2018 - 09:11 AM

The current meta is Clan. Most of your mechs are junk. I don't understand why you need to sell any however as you have over seven thousand MC to purchase additional bays.

Of your assaults the Battlemasters are the most useful.

Thunderbolts are salvageable in the heavies.

The mediums you list are mostly junk. 3x RAC-2 on the Shadowhawk is your best bet. I.S. medium meta are Bushwackers or Crabs.

The lights are all bad. Light meta is boated Clan mg. For I.S. the best lights are probably the Commando, Javelin and Pirate's Bane hero.

If you are looking for something fast to drive by and blow someone's face off with SRMs I recommend either an Assassin or Artic Wolf.

#22 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 August 2018 - 08:17 AM

View PostMarmot Warrior, on 13 August 2018 - 11:22 PM, said:

In my memories, you should have to maximise a lot of variants of the same Mech in order to get some sort of skills, but it is not the case anymore with the skill tree ?
Is there any points of keeping all these Atlas versions for example ?

Antoher thing, waiting queue seems much longer than in my memories, do you confirm ?

You should keep variants based on the hardpoints. Only the D-DC can carry ECM. The other reason is because you need multiple mechs for Community Warfare, if you choose to play that mode. Probably won't use Atlases (Altai?) though. And, you never know when the balance might make a mech become meta that's currently useless. If you convert any of your historical XP to one of these mechs, you will lose it if you sell it so keep that in mind also.

As for wait queues, that has been adjusted so many times. Nowadays, there are 5 tiers and you will get matched only with pilots that are in your tier or up or down one tier. Time of day makes a large difference too, and there's more modes than just quickplay and 3 servers for quick play. A long time ago, there was one server and a solo queue and group queue and that was it. The playerbase has apparently shrunk the last couple months too with a large number of players currently disgruntled over balance decisions, but otherwise it had been holding pretty steady for the last few years.

#23 Joe Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 205 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:49 PM

Ok,
I want to start Faction Play. Build me a drop deck out of the bots listed. (Almost all have some if not 91 points to spend)
I don't care if I get destroyed. I just wanna improve.
I am holding my own with Firebrand uac5 x 2 4 ml.
AS7D(F) 2 LL 2srm6 Ac20.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users