Kcom Is Recruiting

18 replies to this topic

#1 Col Jaime Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:23 PM

KCOM is accepting new applications. We are primarily a Faction Warfare unit but we
encourage our members to play all game modes and develop their skills independently.
If you have the following qualities you may be considered for admission. We are more than willing to help you improve your game and abilities but you must also similarly be willing to put in the effort yourself.

Only serious applicants will be considered.

- Must have at least a basic understanding of the game, its mechanics and make good independent decisions as needed.

- Must be an active player, at least logging in a few evenings weekly and preferably daily. We are active around 9:00 PM PST/ 11:00 PM CST

- Must possess an aggressive and competitive attitude, play to win.

- Must be willing to follow in-game orders immediately with no hesitation.

- Must be willing to play as a team and put the units' goals ahead of your own.

- Must be willing to practice self development on your own time and take constructive criticism positively.

- Must be willing to fight against the odds even when they are stacked against us.

- Must be willing to deal with losing and conflict in an polite adult manner and turn it into a learning experience.

If you believe you have these qualities and would like to apply for admission please either respond in this thread or contact the following in-game.

Col Jaime Wolf
Majinga
Merata Kell
Stew101
MischiefSC
Posted Image

Edited by Col Jaime Wolf, 11 August 2018 - 10:48 PM.

#2 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:12 PM

Is Pat taking a break? I haven't seen you guys drop a full 12 in a few weeks.

#3 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:16 AM

Only serious applicants will be considered

crap

#4 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:06 AM

- adult manner

Definately rules me out, I have the adrenalin / fanaticism / hypervocalactivity of a 5 year old on red cordial going on.

Also, theres this Faction Play podcast thing were all waiting to hear before deciding if we even want to keep playing the game.

I would only talk to Merata anyway, and only if told the secret of how to beat non jagers with that black knight in div 4 ! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Cadoazreal, 12 August 2018 - 04:10 AM.

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:30 AM

there is definitely stuff on that list i cant do. what about i flop around and bark like a seal and you try to club me. i like that arrangement better.

#6 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 12 August 2018 - 09:56 AM

You might note that you run as mercenaries for both Clan and IS. Although, I'd estimate it's at least 5 to 1 in favor of clan, time wise.

#7 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:44 AM

[mod]This thread has been moved to Factions - Merc Corps.

Notably unconstructive posts have been removed.[/mod]

#8 Geewiz 27

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:32 PM

Hi Jaime, I'm interested in looking into potentially joining but I realise I may not be of acceptable standard as I know you guys are a very good unit. I dropped with you on the MS ts over the last 2 days. I'm 85% on Jarls and going up each month. And have recently left my first unit which was Heavy into FP and I reached rank 14 Loyalist JF. Reasons for leaving my unit was to find a new home with a higher skill ceiling to help me to keep improving. One question I have is where to find you guys now that comstar is shut down? I've noticed besides dropping with you at MS ts, that you guys have some channels at 54MR is this best place to find you?

#9 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:18 PM

I wish I was a better player. I started playing during a Faction Event and I've done over 1,000 sieges alone. I love Faction Warfare and I understand Faction Decks but I'm never going to be a good player.

I tend to be the first to die in at least 37% of the matches I play in.

I just tend to do the dirty work and I always try to win the match. Personal stats mean nothing to me. I rarely even look at them at the end of a game.

Edited by LikeUntoBuddha, 12 August 2018 - 05:20 PM.

#10 Lawrence Elsa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 202 posts
  • LocationPacific Standard Timezone

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:01 PM

I can vouch for Kcom being a good place to go to play with good players and improve your own skills simultaneously. While the running joke among fellow Kcom players is that you just have to mash W, you'll find a nice range of play styles and strats that involve how to push and not die, kite from range, form concaves, etc; and there's a whole lot of people there that can show you the ropes.

Important thing to note is that ever since Comstar NA went down players didn't really know where to go, so you might want to add that they're on the 54 MR Teamspeak server while people figure out where to go.

#11 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:21 PM

I've been lucky enough to run with them from time to time. I started this Alt account just to play as a Wolf Clanner from time to time. I tend to stay quiet and try to listen and learn (I have no problems using my mic if needed).

I'm like the guy in the gym who is never going to play if there are at least 10 other players. But if there are only 9 other guys and you need one, I will set picks, fight for rebounds and play defense until I throw up.

My main had to switch to a merc unit some time back because I could not get a drop. It is large but it is no longer into Faction Warfare.

#12 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:27 PM

bump for the best recruiting unit in FP

#13 S O L A I S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 390 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:33 PM

I am proficient with advanced lurming tactics as well as epic w key stick whilst waving my torso madly, linebacker skills.

I have every super quirked armor mechs with all of the DPS...

ALL OF IT.

I expect my acceptance immediately and please message me TS details.

#14 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 August 2018 - 06:52 AM

Yeah if they are still using 54MR TS (I believe so)...

ts.54MR.org
PW: River

Most people in the know would have that already...
You'll see the KCom channels and a bunch of other stuff/games etc the crew have moved into. I'm in there if/when I'm playing which lately isn't a lot :/

Rules there are simple - don't be dumb.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 16 August 2018 - 06:53 AM.

#15 Lovas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 436 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 07:33 PM

Bump for Pat because he is pretty cool.

Jaime Wolf is pretty bold posting on these forums again...I remember what happened last time buahaha.

Edited by Lovas, 16 August 2018 - 07:40 PM.

#16 Lord Vain McPayne

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 08:00 PM

I basically understand this game and the mechanics who make good decisions. I am active if I need to be. I am aggressive and I win every time. I dont follow orders but I give them. Never hesitate cause if you hesitate your dead. I am definitely a team player cuz when I win the team wins. I develop myself whenever I lift, not much need for criticism when I am right. Odds r never against me because I am going to win, but I will help u guys. I am a adult and learn fast, who hates to loose. I believe I have the qualites ur looking for. I apply for admission by responding to ur thread.

-Cornvelious

#17 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 04:53 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 16 August 2018 - 06:52 AM, said:

Yeah if they are still using 54MR TS (I believe so)...

ts.54MR.org
PW: River

Most people in the know would have that already...
You'll see the KCom channels and a bunch of other stuff/games etc the crew have moved into. I'm in there if/when I'm playing which lately isn't a lot :/

Rules there are simple - don't be dumb.

They also have a place at MercStar.net

I can't aim or see well but I can do the dirty work and be a good meatshield. My I.S. deck is sad but I'm going to try to find them this weekend.

#18 Jon McFuzzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 144 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 08:47 AM

View PostLawrence Elsa, on 12 August 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

... they're on the 54 MR Teamspeak server while people figure out where to go.

THEY? Shouldn't you say WE, Lawrence? Posted Image

Edited by Jon McFuzzy, 17 August 2018 - 08:57 AM.

#19 Lovas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 436 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 06:28 PM

I mean seriously, who deletes every single post he has ever written? And this is the recruiting master for KCOM?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users