Remove Conquest And Incursion Mods From Fp

Gameplay

51 replies to this topic

Poll: Remove mods (89 member(s) have cast votes)

Remove mods?

1. Remove (18 votes [20.22%])

Percentage of vote: 20.22%

2. Leave (41 votes [46.07%])

Percentage of vote: 46.07%

3. Other (30 votes [33.71%])

Percentage of vote: 33.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 06:27 PM

View PostNimnul, on 17 August 2018 - 04:31 AM, said:

Many people left the game when they added QP to FP. Compromise is to remove these modes that FP players do not like.

I cannot agree, 12 man teams love sieges but for a lot of players the newer ones are a good a way to get used to FW and still give players a chance.

#42 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 06:31 PM

View PostHorseman, on 17 August 2018 - 10:27 AM, said:

Conquest is a fun mode, it requires more strategy than most other modes usually do.

Incursion is a whole different kettle of fish, the concept is good but the execution rather flawed. Buffing up the health of the bases (but not towers) was one option mentioned in the rebalance thread - that way an early base rush would serve mainly to deprive your enemy of their towers,

Conquest is the first FW game where I added a special deck and/or Mechs. In fact, I renamed some of them "conquest" so, with the 60 seconds you have, I could make the changes.

#43 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 06:32 PM

I voted "other".

FP Conquest is almost perfect. You could bump up the points requirement a bit, to give a team that is up in kills but behind in points a bit more of a chance to swing the points back in their direction. The balance between cap pressure and fighting makes this one of the most exciting game modes. Even with mis-matched teams, the side that has a good leader or two (and a team willing to follow their direction) has a good shot at winning.

FP Incursion seems to usually go one of two ways, neither of them particularly good. With a well-coordinated base rush, the match can be over in a few minutes, with one team crying "cheap win" and the other racking up the most time-efficient CB payout in FP ... fun for the rushers, bad for the defenders. Or, the game ends up as a Skirmish snowball in the center.

Increasing base health would only make rushing less effective, ultimately just turning the mode into Skirmish with faster reinforcement time for both teams, essentially meaning that the team that gets up on kills early will probably win. This takes away one of the good things about FP Skirmish ... in Skirmish, if one team rolls early and stomps into the losing team's drop zone, it's likely that they will eventually get pushed out due to dropship cover and faster reinforcements, giving the team that's behind a chance to regroup and put up a good fight to the end.

Honestly, I thought Incursion would be good game mode for FP, but I don't think it worked out that way.

#44 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 19 August 2018 - 06:41 PM

View PostRick T Dangerous, on 19 August 2018 - 05:52 PM, said:

More tickets for conquest, yes. Conquest and domination in FP are real fun.

For incursion, something interesting might be turrets like the caliope turrets in MW4:mercs: lasers and lurms (IS variant, with artemis). Imagine those turrets could shoot lurms over the walls! Just imagine it! Finally a good use for those damned things!

When PGI added turrets they did fire LRMS but was not limited to the local area. All they needed was a lock...

#45 Soulless86

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:40 PM

Siege is the worst mode out of all of them.

#46 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 21 August 2018 - 12:11 AM

If you ask me, Conquest, and Incursion work a million times better in FP than QP..

In fact, all QP modes work better in faction.. to the point of Siege being the worst FP mode.

#47 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:20 AM

Siege is the most fun, because it requires significantly more teamwork than the other game modes. If you're with a good, cohesive team that brings correct builds for the task, even attacking boreal reach can be fun.

#48 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 21 August 2018 - 02:46 PM

Siege is all about team work.
many don't like playing that way, and insist that LRM's are better choice to take out the Omega

Incursion just becomes a Base Rush most matches, it's just a race to the base, Incursion does not belong in FP since the objective win, is quick and simple.
you don't even need a whole team base rushing, just one competent lance can take out the enemy base simply and quick ,while the rest of the team is engaged
Basically Incursion is just easy mode Siege

been on the giving and receiving end, but most Incursions are just this, and don't belong in FP
Posted Image

maybe all those players need to go back to QP, having sub 200 damage

Edited by Xaat Xuun, 21 August 2018 - 08:05 PM.

#49 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 21 August 2018 - 07:42 PM

incursion=dumpster fire.

Conquest is ok, increase the points needed to win though.

We need way more seige, hell id be happy with just seige and conquest as the only FW modes

#50 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 12:29 PM

View PostXaat Xuun, on 21 August 2018 - 02:46 PM, said:

Siege is all about team work.
many don't like playing that way, and insist that LRM's are better choice to take out the Omega

Incursion just becomes a Base Rush most matches, it's just a race to the base, Incursion does not belong in FP since the objective win, is quick and simple.
you don't even need a whole team base rushing, just one competent lance can take out the enemy base simply and quick ,while the rest of the team is engaged
Basically Incursion is just easy mode Siege

been on the giving and receiving end, but most Incursions are just this, and don't belong in FP
Posted Image

maybe all those players need to go back to QP, having sub 200 damage

Lol, I think I was in that match.

It's why I posted in Announcements thread that Incursion is bad. For the record I was on the team that won. If you call that winning. Nobody had fun and that is Incursion in a nutshell.

#51 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 22 August 2018 - 02:28 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 22 August 2018 - 12:29 PM, said:

It's why I posted in Announcements thread that Incursion is bad. For the record I was on the team that won. If you call that winning. Nobody had fun and that is Incursion in a nutshell.

yes, it was that one
if I recall correctly, you all came in Split, I was that guy on the left (your right) rush

#52 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 22 August 2018 - 02:35 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 22 August 2018 - 12:29 PM, said:

#incursionmeta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users