Why Is Day 4 Steiner And Kurita Instead Of Liao And Davion?

35 replies to this topic

#1 Sable Dove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 09:45 PM

As the title asks, why is the event day 4 Steiner vs Kurita, while the rest of the event is Davion v Liao?

Is there some lore reason, or is this just to force people to switch factions mid-event to force them to forfeit a significant amount of faction reputation? You know; can't be giving away things for free without increasing the grind in another way.

Or was it just a mistake?

Edited by Sable Dove, 18 August 2018 - 09:45 PM.

#2 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 August 2018 - 09:56 PM

*facepalms* Did you ever read anything about the Union that Steiner and Davion had prior to the Clan Invasion?

#3 Sable Dove

• Knight Errant
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 10:14 PM

View PostWing 0, on 18 August 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

*facepalms* Did you ever read anything about the Union that Steiner and Davion had prior to the Clan Invasion?

My dog ate my fictional history trivia homework.

In other word: no.

Just seems mechanically like a way to increase the grind to offset the event prizes, is all I'm saying. PGI doesn't exactly have a history of being kind to their players.

#4 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 18 August 2018 - 10:23 PM

Please stop the whining about aspects of the event and try to be happy that PGI is letting us earn MC.

MC is far more valuable than Loyalty Points. Anything you can earn through Loyalty Points can be bought several times over with your free MC.

Edited by Appogee, 18 August 2018 - 10:25 PM.

#5 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 18 August 2018 - 11:26 PM

im a Steiner and in a Steiner Unit(not leave the Unit for a event) ...with this Event im not can Play FW without Switch or leave my Group..so im ignored the FW for the Time of event ..and MCs or Cbills ? for what ? im have 125 mechs ,and the most balanced to Dead , all decals what im will and enough Colors...nothing interesting Goals as Grinding ? no thanks

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 20 August 2018 - 07:08 AM.

#6 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 19 August 2018 - 12:17 AM

This might help

https://www.sarna.ne...ed_Commonwealth

In the context of the event, it's about having to reinforce the Davion border with Kurita while the bulk of the forces are otherwise trying to stick it to Liao.

Edited by 50 50, 19 August 2018 - 12:20 AM.

#7 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 01:04 AM

Its probably a good excuse to sneak in Kurita discount goodies that were left out in the original FP event . Posted Image

#8 Phaex42

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 05:33 PM

Putting it right in the middle with the 10 probation matches is a great way to annoy people and lose some of the goodwill the events can give. Great psychological tactics.

#9 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 19 August 2018 - 06:34 PM

View PostPhaex42, on 19 August 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

Putting it right in the middle with the 10 probation matches is a great way to annoy people and lose some of the goodwill the events can give. Great psychological tactics.

Or..... all the Kuritan and Steiner loyalists that haven't swapped sides suddenly get involved in a border conflict for 24 hours.
If anything, the Davion Liao conflict should still continue in that 24 hour period.

#10 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 August 2018 - 12:59 AM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 18 August 2018 - 11:26 PM, said:

im a Steiner ...with this Event im not can Play FW without Switch or leave my Group..so im ignored the FW for the Time of event ..and MCs or Cbills ? for what ? im have 125 mechs ,and the most balanced to Dead , all decals what im will and enough Colors...nothing interesting Goals as Grinding ? no thanks

Uhm...tbh you dont play FP that often....in fact never.

#11 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 20 August 2018 - 02:22 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 20 August 2018 - 12:59 AM, said:

Uhm...tbh you dont play FP that often....in fact never.

im play MWO not more as all 4-6 months for a Weekend or Day and than more FP when the Waiting Times and Ghostdrops not to much...the Interest is sinking with the Rescaling ...Ghostheat System ...S7 relaunch ...Balancing Methods and new Playerbase more and more and more

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 20 August 2018 - 02:23 AM.

#12 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 August 2018 - 02:39 AM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 20 August 2018 - 02:22 AM, said:

im play MWO not more as all 4-6 months for a Weekend or Day and than more FP when the Waiting Times and Ghostdrops not to much...the Interest is sinking with the Rescaling ...Ghostheat System ...S7 relaunch ...Balancing Methods and new Playerbase more and more and more

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 20 August 2018 - 02:22 AM, said:

so im ignored the FW for the Time of event ..and MCs or Cbills

You see? I just see negative postings of you regarding Fp.

You said it yourself: You are not playing much. BUT you ignore the event because of this changing factions thing?

I believe you just look for reasons to rant about everything...in no way i read postings from you with positiv things.

I really invested much time and energy that PGI is starting again to improve FP.

Now you come to the english forum and you rant about everything. Really i dont like this behaviour. Just stop it.

#13 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:32 AM

View PostPhaex42, on 19 August 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

You might try this, go merc ( needs unit, even if 1 man ), after one day return to your old clan as loyalist. This should skip 10 match probation requirement.

#14 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:42 AM

I personally don't care that I have to literally click 2-3 times to change faction mid-event.. the challenges are exactly the same, and the rewards are good...

So, with the state of Faction play as it is, I could not care less wheather I'm Davion, Liao, Wolf, Kurita or space cyber pirate from cybertron.

It's all exactly the same. Matters nothing. Free MC incoming.

Edited by Vellron2005, 20 August 2018 - 03:42 AM.

#15 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:38 AM

Ummm Lore... There were several border battles during the 4th succession war. Kurita and Steiner did fight each other but not as much as Liao vs Davion.

#16 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 06:54 AM

Lazy to switch faction and clear probation for the Steiner vs Kurita event? Skip it then. No one is forcing you to play it. Stop complaining about the efforts of PGI towards FP when the majority of the community is happy with it.

#17 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:12 AM

I really invested much time and energy that PGI is starting again to improve FP.

Now you come to the english forum and you rant about everything. Really i dont like this behaviour. Just stop it.
lol ...energy ? PGI Make a event liek 1000 before now only for 2 ! factions in the FW ...thats a funny pebble for a FW in thats the reagular fight between Houses must regular...and positives by PGI ...yes the Unseen and the win of the Lawsuit against HG ...thats MWO further is living ..and what further ? the Minimap after 5 Years since 2017 has goclear Coordinates thats good , hoping for a Minimap in future with tactical Geo informations like Heightlevels and used other Games.
Further dream im have nothing more

Lazy to switch faction and clear probation for the Steiner vs Kurita event? Skip it then. No one is forcing you to play it. Stop complaining about the efforts of PGI towards FP when the majority of the community is happy with it.
oh yes we will seeing the Efford after thats Event and all have enough grind Posted Image and the FW again many Ghost drops and waiting times or Premades against new Player Groups

im upset thats im have after month a Moment to thinkig ..oh lets Play MWO faction Play , ok ist Event ,im must not make this ...bad **** its only this event ...no other FW Matches ...only when im leave my unit im can play FW...So you certainly will not hold any players on the FW if you force them to either switch for event or forfeit FW for several days because there are no other matches
For what we have Fractions ?only a old Placeholder Function ? when is uninteresting thats a player is loyal and becomes Loyality points ? with this drop the Loyality Farction over board and make all as Mercs and Singleplayer joinable to each fraction and only Players when drops with units to Fractions..will you drive you car only when the Administration say ...yes today you can it ,tomorrow is only for a other cartype?

and many Players loves her Fraction since the first days ...loves RP and never fight as "Snake" for example and my Mechs not run only as Fun with the Stiener signs in the battle ..no Problem ..so im paly the next Days in my Hollyday BF3 and War Thunder and will seeing to the Weekend to feel the Joy to play MWO FW before the Job again started

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 20 August 2018 - 08:02 AM.

#18 Napoleon_Blownapart

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 12:05 PM

i got a Liao mechbay to go with my Kurita mechbay and my old FRR mechbay, I hate it

#19 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 12:31 PM

It might be nice if PGI waived probation for the next 2 days.

#20 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:02 PM

I read in the past that there is no penalty for leaving a 'contract' during an event.
Does this hold true today, or has this rule changed again?
Can someone provide a link to the facts about this in order to clear up some of this salt.
Peace.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users