#41 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,529 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 25 August 2018 - 10:48 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 22 August 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

Still need to address 'Mechs with sub-250 engines and Clan/IS dissipation independent of that particular fix, though.

TBQH, it's all slight variations on a theme, each variation needing its own fixes to address edge cases and fundamental tech tree differences.

True, there is no silver bullet system that fixes all, there will be edge cases that need to be addressed in some way whether it be through quirks or something else. Slowly we are relearning all the things FASA did when they started development through MW4 (looking through balance changes between Vengeance and Mercs is really interesting sometimes, and then again through the mods).

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 25 August 2018 - 10:49 AM.

#42 Mountain Mechwarrior

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 11:17 AM

In play the general impression I had was it was much easier to manage heat.

Th agility increases very nice. I took out a Night Gyr and it felt great.

#43 Slambot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 203 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 11:17 AM

I think that, if anything, laser vomit is MORE effective now than it was on the previous iteration. Yes, the cap is lower, but, you still do not shut down when firing your 70+ damage blast, and you can recycle it faster given increased dissipation. I witnessed several instances of people doing 700+ damage in a laser vomit hellbringer (myself included). This in a 4v4 is huge. No other type of build could match this pure outpouring of straight dps. If anything, the heat cap needs to be a slight bit lower to guarantee that when you pull the trigger on 75 damage, you shut down.

#44 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 08:23 AM

I've hit 1k damage before in a RAC/5 Jagermech in 4v4, during the CW PTS. 700 was not uncommon. 700 is not really that impressive.

#45 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 06:04 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 26 August 2018 - 08:23 AM, said:

I've hit 1k damage before in a RAC/5 Jagermech in 4v4, during the CW PTS. 700 was not uncommon. 700 is not really that impressive.

Sorry YG, I'm going to call BS on "not uncommon." Whether you choose to be impressed by it is on you of course, but it's definitely uncommon to see 700+ damage games if only because it's rare for 4 opponents to get farmed so impressively. It happens, of course, but it's definitely in less than 5% of the matches I've ever seen in 4v4 format (PTS or Scouting).

#46 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 10:08 PM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 26 August 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

Sorry YG, I'm going to call BS on "not uncommon." Whether you choose to be impressed by it is on you of course, but it's definitely uncommon to see 700+ damage games if only because it's rare for 4 opponents to get farmed so impressively. It happens, of course, but it's definitely in less than 5% of the matches I've ever seen in 4v4 format (PTS or Scouting).

I've seen plenty of people hit 650+ in a 4v4; it's all about where you are and did you bring a build with sustainable DPS that spreads a lot. Inflated armor counts due to quirks and skill tree make it all the more common.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users