Patch Notes - 1.4.179.0 - 21-Aug-2018

453 replies to this topic

#341 Stummlfumml

Rookie

• Death Star
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 09:08 AM

Well I don't really care about these changes. Since the amount of lurm-assaults in FP is so high, that you can't even teamkill them all, I'm using only a full dropdeck of non-artemis lurm-boats without any backup weapons any way. So the artemis nerf doesn't matter to me at all and pointing directly towards the enemy is a task any potato can do.

So the cancer will continue after this patch. Don't expect me to share armour, I'm just farming damage.

#342 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 09:10 AM

View PostChados, on 22 August 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

The one I love is the admonition always to bring TAG. Looking at a Catapult A1, I see...zero energy hardpoints. Archer 5W...zero energy hardpoints. Jenner IIC and Oxide...zero energy hardpoints.

Where do we put TAG on *these*?

TAG should never have been considered a weapon, it should be a piece of equipment free from hardpoint restrictions just like targeting computers/active probes.

#343 KingJoo

• PipPip
  • Go-cho
  • Go-cho
  • 34 posts
  • LocationThe air hurts my face, canada

Posted 22 August 2018 - 09:17 AM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 22 August 2018 - 07:21 AM, said:

Where is the innersphere's 12 machinegun with 3 backup laser tiny light moving at 150+ ??

Cant see it with its stealth armour

#344 Tiy0s

• PipPipPip
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 80 posts
  • LocationMaple Valley, WA

Posted 22 August 2018 - 09:24 AM

The one I love is the admonition always to bring TAG. Looking at a Catapult A1, I see...zero energy hardpoints. Archer 5W...zero energy hardpoints. Jenner IIC and Oxide...zero energy hardpoints.

There's so much wrong with this I can't even begin.

#345 Composite Armour

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 09:33 AM

Did you know that there's actually a free, built in TAG on every mech? One that makes your weapons super strong and is guarantee to make people flee in terror. And the best part is that it works on every non-lock on(skill btw) weapon.

It's called aiming.

#346 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 09:36 AM

View PostSilentScreamer, on 22 August 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

I think the problem is the other way around, Streaks have not received buffs because it is impossible to make Streaks more effective against heavier mechs without making them even more lethal against lights. I am curious if PGI could change Streak and other missile behavior based on the target ex: spread evenly against Lights, but group toward torsos on Heavy and Assault class targets.

I asked Chris if that was technically possible with this game engine back on page 12. Hopefully he can tell us if it actually is or not because that's what I've been suggesting for a while but no clue if it is even possible. I know they have had target info gathering differ based on mech in beta before but that of course is a bit different. Even if they don't do it, I would just like to know out of curiosity.
And if they can't, they could still do some changes that would help lights. Lower alpha damage and velocity by a good bit but bump up dps a bit. With that a light could better use its speed to hit and run and if you do get hit it wouldn't be 72dmg all at once. The higher dps would help against bigger targets since they wouldn't have the speed to get away. However the higher dps would hurt lights that try to stay and brawl though. So something based on speed/size would still be the best option, either spread, or having some streaks not fire but go into cooldown.

Edited by dario03, 22 August 2018 - 09:52 AM.

#347 Chris Lowrey

Design Consultant

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 318 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 10:02 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 20 August 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

Ok, so first up, apologies for the delay in getting a response to this. I want to spend the time to put together a definitive breakdown of everything that is going on to respond to this, so naturally, a lengthy forum post is called for. But this is something I currently do not have the time to commit to at the moment.

All I can say right now, is that this list is not 100% accurate to how the systems was functioning at the point when we began investigated the changes we made this patch. I will be sure to explain this in greater detail when I have the time to commit to it, but a response will have to wait another day or so while I clear some high priority tasks off of my plate.

#348 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,893 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 22 August 2018 - 10:23 AM

View PostChris Lowrey, on 22 August 2018 - 10:02 AM, said:

All I can say right now, is that this list is not 100% accurate to how the systems was functioning at the point when we began investigated the changes we made this patch. I will be sure to explain this in greater detail when I have the time to commit to it, but a response will have to wait another day or so while I clear some high priority tasks off of my plate.

That would be a “no” Navid.

#349 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 22 August 2018 - 10:55 AM

View PostIbrahim al Arkab Hatomoto, on 22 August 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

This. I built a dedicated, anti-light streak boat and now it's pretty much going to be gathering dust. Instead of telling your light pilots to "git gud" you give them this huge helping hand at the expense of others. Nice work.

Lol? How exactly is a light pilot supposed to "git gud" to beat a streakboat? It was the laziest possible way to counter lights, using streaks... now a skilled light pilot has more of a chance at evading your lock, so instead of tagging it / using a UAV / using a targeting computer / using BAP or whatever to speed up locks, you just complain. Good job! Honestly if most players have this kind of attitude, I'd rather see the game die than balanced around this "playstyle".

#350 Hiten Bongz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 228 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 August 2018 - 11:07 AM

The lock speed reduction combined with the lock angle reduction has really screwed over ATMs. Trying to get a lock on fast ECM lights is hilariously bad now. I can only imagine how bad Streaks are.

Meanwhile LRMers just keep adding tubes. Good job nerfing every other missile system on the way tho.

#351 FireStoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 11:10 AM

With the changes to acquiring a lock with this patch to Streak missiles, I have a humble request. Streak SRMs on table top could be either fired with a lock for the normal bonus of all missiles hitting on a strike, or they could be dumb fired and resolved as standard SRMs.
Please bring this functionality to the Streak SRMs in this game, please. LRMs can be dumb fired, and ATMs can as well. I know it's within the capabilities of the existing game. The increased difficulty in acquiring a lock is now having those players using the weapon system suffer increased time of not being able to use the weapon at all. That needs to end. Thanks for reading.

#352 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 11:14 AM

View PostHiten Bongz, on 22 August 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

Good job nerfing every other missile system

Lock-on missles

#353 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 22 August 2018 - 11:15 AM

View PostIbrahim al Arkab Hatomoto, on 22 August 2018 - 11:01 AM, said:

Use terrain features, use enemy mechs to intercept incoming missiles, rush out past the effective range. There are quite a few easy ways to defeat a streak boat if you're an experienced pilot. I used to run lights exclusively for years before the sizing changes so I like to think that I have an insight as to what a good light pilot can be.

Plus you've never complained when we've been on the same team and I've pulled the lights off your back.

None of the things you listed are realistically feasible. If you get within 100-150 meters of a streak boat, you cannot dodge the missiles with cover or magically outrun them. They're gonna hit you and kill you. So if you have small pulse lasers and machine guns, you cannot "git gud" to beat a streak user, they will just flat out win regardless of skill.

And yea, I don't complain when people help deal with light mechs.... but don't know what that has to do with streaks vs lights? Any weapon can kill a light mech, if aimed right. Streaks are (were? not sure if they're still too good or not) just too good at it.

#354 Chris Lowrey

Design Consultant

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 318 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 11:19 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 22 August 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

That would be a “no” Navid.

Its a bit more complicated then that.

I feel the need to remind everyone that what he was quoting from was a developer post so he is not wrong to call these things into question when we go against what we have previously publicly stated, and I can understand the frustration when developers put out conflicting statements. I have every intention of clearing this confusion up, but there are a number of things that I am in the middle of internally that I need to get off my plate before I can get the time to put in towards a definitive breakdown of everything. When I get the time I will put something up in this thread to address this.

#355 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 11:19 AM

View PostFireStoat, on 22 August 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

With the changes to acquiring a lock with this patch to Streak missiles, I have a humble request. Streak SRMs on table top could be either fired with a lock for the normal bonus of all missiles hitting on a strike, or they could be dumb fired and resolved as standard SRMs.
Please bring this functionality to the Streak SRMs in this game, please. LRMs can be dumb fired, and ATMs can as well. I know it's within the capabilities of the existing game. The increased difficulty in acquiring a lock is now having those players using the weapon system suffer increased time of not being able to use the weapon at all. That needs to end. Thanks for reading.

Lol no they cannot do that in tabletop. However it would sure make them more usefull in MWO.

#356 Xx_M01S7R47JU1C35_xX

• Pip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 11:29 AM

View PostChris Lowrey, on 22 August 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

I feel the need to remind everyone that what he was quoting from was a developer post so he is not wrong to call these things into question when we go against what we have previously publicly stated, and I can understand the frustration when developers put out conflicting statements. I have every intention of clearing this confusion up, but there are a number of things that I am in the middle of internally that I need to get off my plate before I can get the time to put in towards a definitive breakdown of everything. When I get the time I will put something up in this thread to address this.

That would be a wild flailing, Bud and Navid

#357 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 11:31 AM

View PostFireStoat, on 22 August 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

Except that's not how they worked. You rolled to see if you hit, if you hit then you rolled to see where you hit, applied heat and marked off the ammo expenditure. If you didn't hit then that was it, the missiles didn't fire and you didn't generate heat from that and you moved on to your next weapon.

#358 MegaBopper

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 11:40 AM

View PostStory Time, on 21 August 2018 - 04:42 PM, said:

Dreaded indeed. When you outright say players who play the game better than you are cancer there really is nothing more to say is there?

It is not how good players are that is the cancer. It is the arrogance and toxicity that they seem to feel they have some right to spray all over everyone that doesn't fall in lock-step with their views.

#359 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,893 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 22 August 2018 - 11:41 AM

View PostChris Lowrey, on 22 August 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

We know Navid isn’t wrong to question dev statements. I mean c’mon, of all of the things around here that we know to be true, that is near the top. ;)

#360 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 22 August 2018 - 11:44 AM

View PostMegaBopper, on 22 August 2018 - 11:40 AM, said:

It is not how good players are that is the cancer. It is the arrogance and toxicity that they seem to feel they have some right to spray all over everyone that doesn't fall in lock-step with their views.

Many of the bad players have views that are flat-out wrong though. No amount of you wanting it will make certain things true. I've seen players bring absolutely mind-boggling mech builds to faction play drops... things like standard 200 engine Annihilators with nothing but close range weapons on polar highlands. If you try to tell them what a more appropriate mech choice would be, it's assumed your personally attacking them, and they get all defensive and say things like, "It's just a game, I'll play how I want!" well yea, its just a game... a team game. You bringing garbage directly effects me, because your on my team. There are lots of viable choices you can make, its just that there are many flat-out wrong ones too, and new players don't seem to get that, and doggedly stick to their guns even when demonstrably wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users