Casual Feedback

2 replies to this topic

#1 PrinnyCanBeHero

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:46 PM

Speaking as a strictly casual player, I'm absolutely in love with the PTS changes. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a test where the cap was lowered by 10 more points, dissipation was increased, and ghost heat was eliminated.

There are definitely some IS 'Mechs that will have problems with the approach that was tested, as there are a lot of builds that don't make use of external heat sinks, but don't let that hold back what is otherwise a spectacular improvement to gameplay experience. Either figure out some other way to help those 'Mechs, or honestly they can just adjust their loadouts for this new meta.

All in all the builds I tested that worked great focused on mobile firepower with multiple weapon groups to take advantage of cycling cooldowns and taking breaths in between volleys. It was a blast to play, and a welcome change from the stagnant peek, poke, cool off gameplay that had been so common before. More of this please!

Oh and Atlas agility was a such a relief. Cure our 'Mechs arthritis, please.

#2 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 05:10 PM

My late alpha balance PTS 2.0 feedback.

Several of my high alpha mechs could not alpha, even staggering them made them overheat. Now these builds can be adjusted, but generally I didn't like it. Reducing max heat capasity is one thing, that's not bad, the limit wasn't bad either, it was all okay. What I didn't like is that no other adjustment to weapon heat were made.

This kind of changes would just result people changing their builds a bit, and continuing to use high alpha builds, just lesser alphas and firing them more often, with the added cooling. If nothing else I believe Clan ER-M should be adjustment to be more heat per damage. It's too good when compared to how easy it's to boat them and Clan double heatsinks.

I think that's one reason why so many people liked this change, because it really changed nothing.

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 23 August 2018 - 05:10 PM.

#3 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 01:11 PM

Well that's kinda the point. To lower the highest alphas down. Not to stop alpha altogether. Although I still feel like there's an imbalance between the two factions in terms of what they can alpha with. Granted it's hitting Clan alphas more. But it feels IS alphas are just wet noodles by comparison.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users