Unable To Create New Account

14 replies to this topic

#1 jagzed

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 12:50 PM

I was unable to create a new account after downloading the game client from steam. Clicking on the 'Create MWO Account' button seemed to do nothing.

My solution was to create an account through the website.

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 23 August 2018 - 05:06 PM

Did you not get a prompt to okay opening a Link in a New Window on your Web Browser? If you did get such a prompt and then told it 'No', then it wouldn't have been able to present what you needed in order to Create A New Account. :blink:

I think I've something to go check... maybe? :unsure:

EDIT :: I just checked with the Standalone Version. If you click "Create New Account", and then don't get a message saying...
  • "Confirm" on the Title
  • A query reading "This will open a page in your default web browser, are you sure you want to continue?"
  • The buttons "Yes" and "No"
...then you've likely encountered a Bug that will need reporting. On the other hand, if you did get that dialog, and clicked "No", then it couldn't proceed. Sorry, but Account Creation was never designed to be done within the Game Client. :mellow:

~D. V. "Don't think I've landed up hearing something so odd as this in a long time..." Devnull

Edited by D V Devnull, 23 August 2018 - 05:17 PM.

#3 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 06:11 PM

I'd decided to stop making new accounts at 8 of them.

#4 jagzed

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 07:13 PM

Hi D V Devnull, clicking on the button I hear a chime, but there are no further results. Having checking again, it appears none of the buttons on the right (eg Create MWO Account, Forgot Password?, Credits etc) work for me. However I can Login to the game or Exit from the login screen.

#5 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 23 August 2018 - 08:15 PM

View PostLikeUntoBuddha, on 23 August 2018 - 06:11 PM, said:

I'd decided to stop making new accounts at 8 of them.

If you're not going to help someone when they ask for help take that crap elsewhere man.

View Postjagzed, on 23 August 2018 - 07:13 PM, said:

Hi D V Devnull, clicking on the button I hear a chime, but there are no further results. Having checking again, it appears none of the buttons on the right (eg Create MWO Account, Forgot Password?, Credits etc) work for me. However I can Login to the game or Exit from the login screen.

Hey Jagzed, do you have Steam? If so you could try MWO through that. So you are saying that you get the Login window but when you put in your email and password and hit LOGIN, it does nothing?

#6 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 24 August 2018 - 03:53 AM

View PostJackal Noble, on 23 August 2018 - 08:15 PM, said:

Hey Jagzed, do you have Steam? If so you could try MWO through that. So you are saying that you get the Login window but when you put in your email and password and hit LOGIN, it does nothing?

Hello, Jackal Noble... I hate to say it, but you've horribly misread things, and I ask that you read through the thread again. jagzed is already trying to use Steam, and is encountering that problem. On the other hand, the Standalone Client Version which I am running appears to not have the problem. Further, jagzed is able to Login and Exit with the Steam Client Version. What is failing to work is the buttons to the right of the Login Form on the Steam Client Version, which is rather unexpected behavior. :(

~D. V. "Re-read the whole thread please. You mixed up the details somewhere." Devnull

#7 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 08:31 AM

View PostJackal Noble, on 23 August 2018 - 08:15 PM, said:

If you're not going to help someone when they ask for help take that crap elsewhere man.

Yeah, you were a lot of help, lol.

#8 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 01:43 PM

Since these buttons open a browserwindow, I suppose there lies the issue.

#9 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 26 August 2018 - 08:13 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 26 August 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

Since these buttons open a browserwindow, I suppose there lies the issue.
would that be down to the default browser? is it possible one doesn't work? Ex Firefox,chrome..... So on a side note jagzed, what is your default browser? have you tried switching your default browser to another one?

Edited by KursedVixen, 26 August 2018 - 08:14 PM.

#10 jagzed

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 01:17 AM

Hi all, thanks for your help. My default browser is Firefox. I tried switching to Edge but to no effect.

At this stage I am mostly concerned about new players wishing to create an account, as I have already done so through the website.

#11 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 02:48 AM

Have you tried deleting the game and doing a fresh reload?

#12 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 27 August 2018 - 11:28 AM

View Postjagzed, on 27 August 2018 - 01:17 AM, said:

Hi all, thanks for your help. My default browser is Firefox. I tried switching to Edge but to no effect.

At this stage I am mostly concerned about new players wishing to create an account, as I have already done so through the website.
hmm sounds like a problem on your computer maybe or the program....since your using the steam version I'd think it'd bring up Steam's browser, so maybe it's a problem with steam linking to the program I use the stanalone since I've been playing since before the steam release, and as far as I know i've had no issues similar to this.... have you tried opening your browser when the game is running from the announment popup? does that work?

Edited by KursedVixen, 27 August 2018 - 11:31 AM.

#13 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:31 AM

I so hate Steam......I used to have to prove from time to time that I owned the freaking games that I'd play for years...sorry...small rant there.

I only know a few things about Computers and most of them are from watching "The IT Crowd" (great show)

I know that a lot of problems can be solved by turning off your PC and turning it back on.

I know that deleting and doing a fresh reload can often help.

I also just tried to start a new account just to see what would happen and I could not either, it took me to LikeUntoBuddha's profile page.

Are you using the small e-mail address? You have to enter a totally different one.

#14 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 12:11 PM

View Postjagzed, on 23 August 2018 - 12:50 PM, said:

I was unable to create a new account after downloading the game client from steam. Clicking on the 'Create MWO Account' button seemed to do nothing.

My solution was to create an account through the website.

Question, why is this in "Academy Bug Reports"?

#15 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 11:17 AM

Who knows? I've never known PGI to check on any bugs.

I've had the "weapons group" bug for over a year or more. 75% of the time I go there, it stays there up in front of everything. I go to the faction page, it is still there etc tc. Until I do this dance from one area to another and back again to weapons group to mechlab...arrgghhh.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users