40 replies to this topic

#41 - S A R G E -

• PipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:08 PM

View PostMystere, on 28 August 2018 - 06:34 AM, said:

So-called "coding" vs. real honest-to-goodness software development. Posted Image

LOL

View PostAnjian, on 28 August 2018 - 06:30 PM, said:

Limited respawn with drop deck, tickets and timer. You can choose to run through your entire deck of four or five chosen mechs, or if you respawn a consumed mech with tickets you earned during your performance throughout match. If you ran out of both you are eliminated. The one with the most kills wins. The top three players leading the match are indicated by crowns on top of their heads, so you can factor your match strategy with this. For example, I may "give" my already crippled mech to someone who didn't kill much during the match so not to increase the lead of the leaders. If you abandon a mech, that will be a negative kill point.

Advantage of the game mode: Higher than average damage per match, yielding high revenue. Mostly brawling and speed for those who like this style. Much more tactical than you would expect. Fast rank progression, since the upper 50% moves up.

Disadvantage of the game mode: Players kill stealing. Builds favor high burst damage. Not suitable for longer ranged players (I don't play it for that reason.) Players, especially those from the same clan or know each other, ganging up on others.

So its not perfect, but is good enough to keep some people going and add a needed variety. The mode is only played by option.

A lot more in depth than my idea, but sounds fun! Variety is needed here. Same 'ol, same 'ol is causing good players to leave.

View PostAnjian, on 29 August 2018 - 01:21 AM, said:

I got another idea which I thought might be more unique for MWO.

Basically its a lance level battle royale with six lances, requiring the attainment of objectives that will give you tickets that can allow you to "purchase" respawns or a fresh mech change over for your team. Objectives include the capping of certain points, minimum damage attainment, minimum kill attainment. A mech change over means selecting a fresh mech from a given drop deck that is not the original which you dropped in, which can also be a respawn on its own. A respawn means you can play the same mech over and over again. Each lance has one free respawn and one free mech change per team member, and if you want more than that, you have to earn.

You drop with the same 24 people, but now divided into six lances, four players per lance. Each lance will try to have one weight class each.

This scale might require larger maps this time.

So basically squad based FFA? i like this idea too....And maybe it'll be easier to make....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users