• The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 September 2018 - 06:34 PM

View PostAch, on 30 September 2018 - 06:28 PM, said:

As what Mercie said, either a PM or leave me a message on Teamspeak works great.

This is your project, and you chose to start it. I am being accommodating as I have put the channel on there.

I am busy, and I put in extra hours at work so I can keep Comstar running as it comes purely out of my own pocket. I didn't sign up to this to have more responsibility on top of that. You came to me asking if I can put a channel on the Teamspeak and you would give information to put there. Now you ask that I keep up the responsibility of going out to gather the information.

Get the information in a list. PM it, and update when there is additions or removals. You can easily send the same list to other Teamspeak owners as well.

no achr..i never said you would go out and gather the information..not sure where you got that idea but you clearly did not understand. unit leaders and TS admins who have agreed to join the program will come TO YOU to both update THERE information "TS details, events, etc" and to get information FOR THERE individual HPG nodes. never ....ever...did i say you would have to work more than anyone else. actually, the opposite. people would work to bring this to you and you would not have to go anywhere. what I DID SAY was that if your having issues reaching me, simply PM me for what the channel should contain or check our TS ANY TIME your free or able. you are not required to do anything. i did not FORCE you to do anything. i simply said YOU HAVE the option if you wish. people need to stop reading into this something other then exactly what i said. cause me sitting on your TS for you to reply is far to inconvenient for me, and un realistic.

how am i not being accommodating or cooperative?

and i will send the information to you in a PM in response to this since i see your on. :)

Edited by dante245, 30 September 2018 - 06:33 PM.

#62 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 September 2018 - 06:44 PM

done.:)

#63 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:46 PM

View Post_Chaplain, on 04 October 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

Ah, a public apology is in order, and a coupla' pro-tips.
Last night , some old drunk fool got on mwo, and argued; publicly. There's two no-no's already.
But let's clear something up - "Mercy" is a character I used to play https://imgur.com/a/IsS5mgN, for years, long before MWO existed. Now some hot gal plays essentially the same character, in 'real life', with the same name and theme. Weird, but not the point. Mercy, the MWO character, is long since retired.
Let's not call the player the character they no longer play. It's confusing.
So: I'm "Badger" - a name I earned the hard way. I am logged on to a shared account, to post the public apology, beit happened while I was playing it. Drunk and angry - a whole bunch of no-no's.
So- first, to be clear, Badger hasn't played his original character, excepting a couple of quick event QP's, since the Harii/Ghost Warriors unit broke up. I play less now, but when I do play, it's generally to get someone's event wrapped up - as I did for some RxD members, before the falling out. I clarify this so that, the guy doesn't get blamed. It's on me. Just trying to grind him cbills to replace mechs that were sold when his account was- to over-simplify; "stolen". So, on me, not on him.
With that over-explaination hopefully clearing things up, yeah if one must mech-drive drunk, it's smart to turn off chat Posted Image just shoot stuff.

So - public apology - drunk angry dude, not Chaplain, responded in all chat, making a disagreement public. That's not classy, or useful. Let's quote "Ice-T" :
"Now the words I kick to some might sound radical
But I'll explain, it's simply mathematical
You diss, I diss, this creates an equal
You reply to my diss, this is called a sequel
I reply to your diss, this is called a battle
Not intelligent, not very adult"
I'd say that covers it.

So,I'm publicly apologizing to Chaplain for any confusion he gets, I'm apologzing to Dante for "airing dirty laundry" - which i *despise* ( notice in the picture i made public, which most people think is a joke i made up, the unit name is *not* visible ), and I'm apologizing to anyone who saw that whole silly display. Ice-T spoke true. diss-diis-reply diss, not very adult. " "In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas".
Not an excuse, an explanation of why I have to apologize.

Now let's get to the pro-tips!
- Even if you feel you're right, you shouldn't engage if you think you're being trolled. I struggle with that one. * Key* point here though:
one should speak to people on the internet, as they would to them in person. Good internet advice That's good internet advice, don't say stuff on the internet you wouldn't be willing to say in person, and would be wiling to back it up.
- NEVER gives out your real address. Period. EVER.
I doubt the one given me was real; but that's not the point, you NEVER know who's online, even if yu think the person you're talking to won't do anything, who knows who else sees it. For all one knows, they just gave their address out to people who used to *professionally* go to people's houses and beat them up. ( side pro-tip, kids: even if you think your dealer is a wuss, keep in mind they probably have the resources to have someone else make an example of you. Just, a tip there )
-The other issue there is, Dante, you live with your father, who is a nice man, or seems to be.
For the sake of discussion, let's say that address was real. You don't have the RIGHT to give out your father's home address to people you're arguing with. That isn't just not your right; it opens dragging your father into your drama. THAT is wrong. Lots of internet no-no's last night.
- IF you really want to settle things mano e mano, in general, not just me- there's way. See, going to someone's house and beating them up - even if the come outside, while laws of "mutual combat" very by state, is - pretty much illegal. I ain't gettin paid enough to go to jail, see?
So- if people are the type thta like to settle things in the square, the right and legal way to do that, is you contact them and set up a friendly bout at a gym or dojo. Some make u be a member, often a physical, but- it's legal and there's endless youtube videos showing this. I am not lieing or making it up.

SO - public apologies, and good " horse sense" internet tips.
And me being annoyed at myself for breakin several of my rules, but - sometimes you gotta bite tha' ol' bullet and say, yes, I was in the wrong.
You and i have both had our say, I don't see anywhere that can go except to the gym, but if we must argue, let's not do it publicly... never know who's on; they don't need to see it. is my thoughts on it.
Badger, out.

i actually agree with you. people should not get into arguments even if they feel there right for a few reasons...

1. it opens up room for you to make mistakes "as you stated" and make your self look bad
2. it opens up room for people who have no direct importance with the disagreement to become involved if the argument is started in group chat
3. you are feeding the very troll you are trying very hard to avoid, and thus making there proposed disagreement "weather wrong or not" with you validated and add fuel to the fire....

ill accept the public the public apology, even though it is really directed towards the community and not me, the one wronged. but thats ok. by the way, this post really has nothing to do with the public disagreement, and even though it does bumb up the post, its for the wrong reasons and directs peoples attention away from the content that im trying to propagate "something truly meaningful and helpful for the community as a whole to help unite us, not devide us further" and though your actions and words clearly show a level of wanting to unite the community, i dont believe this area is the place to express it. Posted Image still....
thank you. also well done for not dragging my forum efforts into our perceived disagreement, as that would have been petty, and you earned mucho respect from me for taking the high ground. Posted Image

Edited by dante245, 04 October 2018 - 05:48 PM.

#64 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:50 PM

anyways..back on track. :) to update everyone....Achr is talking the concept over and i have high hopes that COMSTAR will adopt the HPG channel and network. fingers crossed. :)

#65 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:39 AM

can anyone put me into contact with major clan units/hubs? haven't had much luck finding any still.

#66 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:31 PM

i am sorry to announce that COMSTAR and its leadership have declined to be apart of the HPG network and feel its not for them. i will not say anything more about it out of respect for them and there opinions. what i will say is this....this is not even close to the end. im working on an alternative MAIN HUB where units can connect via the HPG PRIME node. thankfully its set up in a way any teamspeak can become that central HPG node cause of the simplicity of the whole thing. even my TS could do it" if not for our player cap on at any given time". im going to address this issue on the FIRST Circuit PODCAST later this weekend thanks to OLDBOB inviting me to be a guest on the show, and talk about my project and get more visibility for it. if anyone has ideas on who can/would be a viable Teamspeak to target for the HPG PRIME node, please contact me, also if you are an admin of a TS and believe your TS could facilitate the HPG PRIME setup" almost exactly the same as the HPG nodes mentioned in previous articles" but with some more responsibility, message me and ill go voer the details of it and see if your a good fit. THIS PROGRAM WILL BENEFIT EVERY teamspeak group and discord group involved, and im ASKING EVERYONE to join me in this endeavor.

sincerely...dante245, JARLKHAN of RXD "Rasalhague x Dominion"

#67 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 October 2018 - 02:47 PM

https://soundcloud.c...r8bBkxMKWErQNnI

The First Circuit is a group of YouTubers and Twitch Streamers to give their input on Mechwarrior Type Games and related topics. If your a Youtuber or Twitch Streamer and would like to be part of the broadcast and become part of a great community.
Tonights Topics Include
1 ► RDX Community
2 ► Halloween Event/Sale
3 ► Champion & Last Patch
4 ► Heat Changes
5► Battletech (Operation & Timeline)
Links to all topics
Tonights Topics Include
1 ► (RXD Community): See special Guest
2 ► (Halloween Event/Sale): bit.ly/2NT8pCo
3 ► (Champion, new mech): bit.ly/2yoglqg
3A► (Last Patch): https://bit.ly/2S5WiVLbit.ly/2S5WiVL
4 ► (Heat Changes):
5 ► Battletech (Operation): bit.ly/2AlujdP
5A► Battletech Timeline: bit.ly/2S87ktB
Special Guest Links "RXD"
► (Comstar HPG Network Endeavor): bit.ly/2CXw6Iv
► (Building a micro Community): bit.ly/2Ao9BKB
► (Rasalhague Dominion Twitter Page): bit.ly/2yStgAo
► (Rasalhague Dominion Facebook Page): bit.ly/2ysREJs
Streamers and Youtubers that are part of the Podcast
Lord MajestIc ►(Youtube): bit.ly/2NPapQ7
►(Twitch): www.twitch.tv/lordmajest1c
Byter ►(Youtube): bit.ly/2QzG2eZ
Larsh ►(Youtube): bit.ly/2QvWAV8
►(Twitch): www.twitch.tv/larsh8888
IanDresarie ►(Youtube): bit.ly/2Oppox8
► (Twitch): www.twitch.tv/iandresarie/
Cmdr Lemming ►(Youtube): bit.ly/2QBbYiY
Snuggles Time ►(Youtube): bit.ly/2OvXmjC
TTB ►(Youtube): bit.ly/2MDT8EF
►(Twitch) www.twitch.tv/therealttb
BrioS ►(Youtube): bit.ly/2xmmdz3
►(Twitch) www.twitch.tv/brios_brxv
Music Credits
News Theme by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
Artist: incompetech.com/
Thank you for watching and "I'll see you on the battlefield"
SUPPORT THE CHANNEL WITH PATREON!!!!
Patreon► www.patreon.com/oldbob10025/memberships
Paypal► ageless_games@yahoo.com
PATREON SUBSCRIBERS (Thank You)
-----------------------------------------------------
BrioS, jrnyman, Wolf McNish,Snuggles Time, Rokne Amadeus, Microbus, Woodboy,Flash Arc, IanDresarie, CatSmiles
Oldbobs P.O.Box
Oldbob10025
P.O.Box 1358
San Andreas, CA 95249
OLDBOBS TEE-SHIRT STORE (Support the channel)(RELAUNCH)
www.teepublic.com/user/agelessgames
SOUNDCLOUD "THE FIRST CIRCUIT PODCAST"
►@thefirstcircuit
FOLLOW OLDBOB ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
------------------------------------------------------
Discord► discord.gg/FuUcuxG
Twitter► twitter.com/OldBob10025
Twitch► www.twitch.tv/oldbob10025

battletechmechmechwarriormechwarrior onlinepgi

Edited by dante245, 22 October 2018 - 02:49 PM.

#68 Mr T

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 146 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 03:03 PM

I would ask you how your attempt at rebuilding/gathering the community/whatever was going but I see the not only have the crickets gained sentience they've begun consuming the corpses of the dead.

#69 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 November 2018 - 01:30 AM

doing fine...just very bissy to post constantly..also general discussion you can get lost.

since comstar chose to do there own thing " and soon close down according to achr"his words not mine" we are looking to make another large teamspeak the central node "HPG prime" we need for this. also looking on a "white pages" list on the forums for every teamspeak adress we know of for a unit. also did the first circuit pod cast to get us some visibility. what in need now is some one who knows websites and is interested in working with us to help unit the MWO community.

the fight is not over...we are involved in about 10 community events, have created our own "will put a post on the forums" and also been very active with the PGI events and helping train players in faction play tactics. Posted Image

Edited by dante245, 17 November 2018 - 01:36 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users