186 replies to this topic

#61 Dran Dragore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:18 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 31 August 2018 - 10:40 PM, said:

I think that the free XP and Cbill cockpit items are better.

Well, you only get the XP and CBill Items when you buy bigger, complete, packages of both (!) Mechs. The Colors and PAttern was usualy included in the small package...

EDIT: oh, and yes. The head of the Charger dont look like the realy Chargers Head. Its more like the Highlander Head. Please redesign it.

Edited by Dran Dragore, 01 September 2018 - 01:22 AM.

#62 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:21 AM

View PostYulri, on 31 August 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

The Hatamoto-chi looks like a good MRM mech, but I wouldn't waste any money on the charger. 5 SL on a 80 tonner? Definitely not worth it in my book.

Were you planning on running it stock? Posted Image

#63 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:44 AM

The Charger is going to be a worse warhammer or grasshopper or black knight. It's going to be slower, less maneuverable, and carry fewer weapons (low slung as well)

I caved and purchased the Hatamoto Chi basic pack + hero. If the quirks are good enough for them to be MRM brawlers, I may upgrade it to ultimate, if average, I'll keep the hero as a LRM boat, but if it can't even LRM, I'll refund.

Edited by Nightbird, 01 September 2018 - 01:45 AM.

#64 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 01 September 2018 - 03:16 AM

Nice job on the Hatamoto, but the Charger looks stupid ...

#65 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 01 September 2018 - 03:51 AM

Y’all going to update the rewards program, right? Right now those of us who buy the Charger/Hatamoto Chi collector packs don’t get the Warhammer 4L. I got the collector Flea too, that’s how I know. Fix incoming?

I do like that Flea.

#66 Lorginir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 04:03 AM

I just wanted an Imp Posted Image

#67 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 01 September 2018 - 04:16 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 31 August 2018 - 05:20 PM, said:

My main problem with the Charger is that in BATTLETECH it intentionally was given a very minimal weapon loadout because the Mech was intended to fight in Melee combat, which we do not have in MWO, so therefore the Charger will require allot of modification to make it worthwhile in MWO.

Actually, the Charger had a minimal Loadout because it was an Assault Scout. yes, you read that right.

#68 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 04:26 AM

Yay i know what a Hatamoto is . Been so long since a mech was released that i heard about from good ol days .

Its so annoying when PGI announces the gobbledegook omni battlemech for early adoption with 12 ECM hardpoints .

and i am scratching my head saying .........the what ?

Edited by DarkFhoenix, 01 September 2018 - 04:26 AM.

#69 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 01 September 2018 - 05:54 AM

View PostNightbird, on 01 September 2018 - 01:44 AM, said:

The Charger is going to be a worse warhammer or grasshopper or black knight. It's going to be slower, less maneuverable, and carry fewer weapons (low slung as well)

I caved and purchased the Hatamoto Chi basic pack + hero. If the quirks are good enough for them to be MRM brawlers, I may upgrade it to ultimate, if average, I'll keep the hero as a LRM boat, but if it can't even LRM, I'll refund.

Out of curiosity, if the Charger had the maneuverability of the Summoner, what would be your thoughts then?

#70 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 01 September 2018 - 06:08 AM

Well not what I'd hoped for.

As the stinger, Wasp got beefed up and turned into clan mechs, due for release this year, I guess, after a years fighting legal battles Harmony Gold Effectively won, but it's got me spending again.

#71 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 246 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 06:33 AM

Why new mechs have so bad hardpoints ? I want buy anything, but i cant buy this s..t

#72 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 06:34 AM

I know this is a bit naive and like that since I know a lot of people buying these are already through-familiar with them, but shouldn't the page read if it's an IS or Clan mech? Ordinary mechpack pages always read either Clan collection or IS collection.

#73 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 07:16 AM

-The Hatamoto looks great Posted Image

-The Charger.. eh.. is that a charger? Don't get me wrong: I like what I see. Still, it doesn't look like a charger.
Highlander-head has to go, it needs a proper Charger-Head.

like this:
Posted Image

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 01 September 2018 - 07:17 AM.

#74 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 01 September 2018 - 07:40 AM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 01 September 2018 - 06:34 AM, said:

I know this is a bit naive and like that since I know a lot of people buying these are already through-familiar with them, but shouldn't the page read if it's an IS or Clan mech? Ordinary mechpack pages always read either Clan collection or IS collection.

Well it's not really two packs, while being promoted as two.

It's really 1.5 packs.

The Hatamoto is a Draconis Combine development of the Charger.

When all other houses gave up on the Charger, D.C had a lot of spare chassis, so they spent time and money making them useful.

A fair amount of speculation pointed to the Charger being the main chassis, and the Hatamoto maybe being the hero.

It's a way of squeezing out and extra Hero, and an extra chasis, as if you notice there is only the Hero addition.

Also if you look at the way Matt worded his post's it's not to obvious, that 100 and 101 will clearly be both I.S, but the next clan is October.

#75 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 07:59 AM

View PostRipper X, on 31 August 2018 - 07:45 PM, said:

The Chargers head definitely needs a rework.

Agreed. The head needs a rework. It looks like it was done right first and then squashed to make it flat. It should not be flat.
Fortunately, the 3D-modellers can fix that problem. So do it, please!

View PostYulri, on 31 August 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

The Hatamoto-chi looks like a good MRM mech, but I wouldn't waste any money on the charger. 5 SL on a 80 tonner? Definitely not worth it in my book.

First let me welcome you to MWO. We need new players. You will find that MWO features a MechLab in which you can change the Mech to your liking. Have fun!

#76 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 08:01 AM

View PostTahawus, on 31 August 2018 - 04:42 PM, said:

Anyone else think the charger looks like a the lovechild of a black knight and a highlander?

Yeah, originally I was gonna knock it for that, but if it had a neck... it wouldn't look too far from the original.
Posted Image
But the Hatamoto-Chi looks so far off....
Posted Image
(I'm obviously kidding on that one.)

I think I see where they got the charger head...
Posted Image

Edited by Koniving, 01 September 2018 - 08:03 AM.

#77 Kell Aset

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 September 2018 - 08:38 AM

Hatamoto-Chi looks sexy (it should be available only for Kurita loyalists) why it doesn't have left hand? I hope it will look good in game and that the animations for it will be nice. I must say tho, it sure looks like Gurren Lagann with that torso "face" heh Posted Image too bad it is a fat mech, i prefer smaller more agile mechs, if only I could get a medium that looks like that mmm yes I'd love to get a "samuraied" version of Shadow Hawk 2K, u know I mean special skin with special geo, with samurai helmet and stuff.
I also hope that buccaneer camo will look good on this Hatamoto-Chi, on old mechs like BlackJack, Centurion, Atlas, Shadow Hawk, Catapult that camo looks sexy but on newer mechs not so much.

I like that pistol on charger, hope that pistol won't look as ugly in game as those "rifles" Phoenix Hawks have, actually when u put some energy weapons into arms on Phoenix you will be dual weilding energy sawed-off shotguns Posted Image . Not a fan of Number Seven camo, bunnies? meh, which reminds me, cats and fish look weird on Kurita faction camo too.

Edited by Kell Aset, 01 September 2018 - 09:50 AM.

#78 UPnADAM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 381 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 08:41 AM

Does PGI usually post the quirks before a mech launches? If so how soon before?

#79 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 08:58 AM

View PostKoniving, on 01 September 2018 - 08:01 AM, said:

I think I see where they got the charger head...
Posted Image

So PGI picked the 1 picture out of thousands that they stumbled across on someones 2012 deviant art webpage of a charger body with a centurion head, holding a pneumatic roofing nailer gun.
Let me make sure I completely understand this, basically it all boils down to the fact that there is at least 1 PGI staff member who would actually fail the elimination game called "which one of these don't belong here" when watching sesame street...

https://orig00.devia...ter-d4xldue.jpg

#80 Mykl Cobalt

• Pip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 09:25 AM

From Sarna/wiki: The Charger is seen as an example of abject failure in BattleMech design.

Hhmmmm....i get they probably wanted to launch the Hatamoto....and their history is tied together....but geez...in this hyper min/max meta roller coaster we ride...why throw a mech out there that was considered a horrible mech...meh after upgrades....and is most likely to be so niche at best after furious theory crafting...that it will join the other 50 mechs (or more) we don't see on the battlefield! Just sayin' ....

A push back towards lore? More stock emphasis to combat the power creep?? I'm a very casual player but this a bit of a head scratcher...artwork is solid tho....Posted Image ...hell half the Vapor Eagles were probably bought cuz it looks good!

Edited by Mykl Cobalt, 01 September 2018 - 09:26 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users