Running The Game On Ubuntu + Steam Play

83 replies to this topic

#81 mclang

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 03:57 AM

Really nice to see people playing this on Linux!

Too bad I haven't found solution to my joystick problem yet :/

I probably could learn to play without my trusty warthog, i.e using mouse, but the throttle is a must!

#82 XLII

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 06:34 AM

I have been trying to get MWO to run on Ubuntu 18.04 and now on Manjaro (Arch). Both do not work.

When starting from Lutris all that happens is that part of my screen becomes occupied by a ghost of the portal. That is, the mouse disappears if being moved there, but all I see is the previous background.

I just have the standalone version which is not bound to steam. So I need the portal to launch which Gagis(a few posts before) seems to have managed.

The hardware is a Ryzen 3700x and a GTX 1070 with proprietary driver version: 435.21. Wine version is tkg-mwo-4.1-x86_64

Has anyone else had the same problem?

#83 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 10:15 AM

Can you get dotnet installed in the wineprefix? The portal depends on 4.5something at least I think. In my current installation I think I used a standard unpatched unmodified Wine to install the dotnet versions and once I had Portal running, I started piling up the duct tape to make MWO run.

#84 XLII

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 12:21 PM

It turns out that dotnet was not installed even though I selected it in winetricks. I could not figure out how to install it any way, but my default wine prefix had dotnet 452 and 45 installed. Got the portal running there with another wine version. Installed it and it runs now!!!

Thank you so much!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users