Aftermath Event Resolution

73 replies to this topic

#21 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:46 PM

While you are at it, let those who got all normal bags collected get to do bonus loot bags to the end of extended event.
I am not greedy, just something to do...

#22 Diana Gearhead

Rookie

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMy mom's basement

Posted 10 September 2018 - 02:24 PM

View PostSmokeGuar, on 10 September 2018 - 01:46 PM, said:

While you are at it, let those who got all normal bags collected get to do bonus loot bags to the end of extended event.
I am not greedy, just something to do...

The art of the deal

#23 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:04 PM

Huh... A rather sweet Extension for those who got caught the wrong way. This kicks the Event Rating which I last posted (over at https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/268669-turtle-bay-aftermath/page__view__findpost__p__6162551) to the curb. I guess I'll have to post a New Event Review & Rating to update for this rather well-executed change. NICELY DONE, PGI!!! :D

I missed out on the Bonus Bags myself, as I didn't get to play during that Time Frame where things weren't working. But, I'm not mad in any way as I've already got the main 150 Loot Bags and the Free Champion (C) Heavy Mech that came with the bundle of them. ^_^

I wonder if the current Sale will get extended too? :P

~Mr. D. V. "I definitely like this Extension!" Devnull

#24 Jon McFuzzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:15 PM

More than adequate solution. I got more bonus. Thanks.

#25 jonomy

• PipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:17 PM

Loot is Loot. Thanks for the extra - Loot.

#26 Shanrak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:26 PM

can't complain, got 28 extra loot bags from it. Guess I should have played more Posted Image

#27 Shenanigan23

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:40 PM

Very generous, great work PGI.

#28 NUMBERZero1032

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 148 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:43 PM

Thanks!

#29 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:06 PM

I didn't get a lot of extra loot bags (not complaining) but I figure I got what I earned yesterday. So I'm happy, nice to add the extra days in Thank You!

#30 salimander138

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:49 PM

I maxed my QP early by didn’t finish my FP, so locked out of the event mech... can’t get bags for FP and qp gets extra days?👌

I maxed my QP early by didn’t finish my FP, so locked out of the event mech... can’t get bags for FP and qp gets extra days?👌

#31 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:44 PM

View Postsalimander138, on 10 September 2018 - 04:49 PM, said:

I maxed my QP early by didn’t finish my FP, so locked out of the event mech... can’t get bags for FP and qp gets extra days?������

<<<snip>>>

Faction Warfare ran as it was supposed to... So nobody is allowed anything extra for that. Frankly, if I hadn't finished my Faction Warfare Section, that would have been on me. Everyone had 6 Days, and Scouting was allowed to count by PGI, so the time for that has passed. I get how you feel, but that Section won't be getting any Extra Time for anyone. Sorry, and I wish you better luck on the Next Event with a Pick-A-Prize Mech. :(

On the other hand, PGI only adjusted the Quick Play Section because a major problem occurred. This result is at least much better than what could have happened, and PGI is making it up to anyone who doesn't have all of their Quick Play Loot Bags as of yet. Look at the bright side, as you can at least go get those. :)

Of note, this was indeed an Event where I thought PGI should have had a minor buffer between the Pick-A-Prize Champion (C) Heavy Mech Requirement and the Maximum In-Game Loot Bag Limit, but PGI decided to limit that only to those who could pull off a Perfect Finish. Albeit that the Finish Line has been slightly altered by PGI, it still requires 75 Loot Bags from Each Section to acquire. However, some Bonus Loot Bags have been handed out to compensate those who were still putting in the effort to finish during the time where things stopped working as planned. I don't know if any of those were given to you, or if you were even on the battlefields during that period of time, but I hope they were of some help if you did get some. :blink:

Before I walk off here, I should note that your message got posted in triplicate. Yeah really, three times in a row. You might want to double-check next time when you're posting so it doesn't blast out the same message like spam. :wacko:

~Mr. D. V. "Fixes happened where they needed to... Sorry if it's not of any help." Devnull

#32 DFM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 261 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 06:03 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 10 September 2018 - 05:44 PM, said:

Faction Warfare ran as it was supposed to... So nobody is allowed anything extra for that. Frankly, if I hadn't finished my Faction Warfare Section, that would have been on me. Everyone had 6 Days, and Scouting was allowed to count by PGI, so the time for that has passed. I get how you feel, but that Section won't be getting any Extra Time for anyone. Sorry, and I wish you better luck on the Next Event with a Pick-A-Prize Mech. Posted Image

On the other hand, PGI only adjusted the Quick Play Section because a major problem occurred. This result is at least much better than what could have happened, and PGI is making it up to anyone who doesn't have all of their Quick Play Loot Bags as of yet. Look at the bright side, as you can at least go get those. Posted Image

Of note, this was indeed an Event where I thought PGI should have had a minor buffer between the Pick-A-Prize Champion (C) Heavy Mech Requirement and the Maximum In-Game Loot Bag Limit, but PGI decided to limit that only to those who could pull off a Perfect Finish. Albeit that the Finish Line has been slightly altered by PGI, it still requires 75 Loot Bags from Each Section to acquire. However, some Bonus Loot Bags have been handed out to compensate those who were still putting in the effort to finish during the time where things stopped working as planned. I don't know if any of those were given to you, or if you were even on the battlefields during that period of time, but I hope they were of some help if you did get some. Posted Image

Before I walk off here, I should note that your message got posted in triplicate. Yeah really, three times in a row. You might want to double-check next time when you're posting so it doesn't blast out the same message like spam. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "Fixes happened where they needed to... Sorry if it's not of any help." Devnull

Only required the 75 loot bags from each mode of play if you wouldn't/couldn't/don't spend money to support the game. Which is fine imo. Still get the opportunity for the end prize, just harder to do. A little extra bonus for those that did/do.

#33 Gully D

• PipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:45 PM

gOOD cATCH, thanks for fixing

#34 Major Major Catch 22

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:46 PM

PGI

Even better recorded some "over" from the original

ta

#35 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 562 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 September 2018 - 08:44 PM

View PostSengir79, on 10 September 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

I mean this is great and all, but this is literally giving EXTRA bags to those who didn't finish the event and those of us who finished the event early get penalised for doing so :/

Yes I understand the event ended earlier than it should and players didn't finish but they now have the chance to finish the event over the next few days.

The problem being is...er...help me out on this one! Some of us might have planned according to the presented time frame. If you got it earlier, then good for you. If not, here's your chance to complete for PGIs system failed. Good for you, too.

View PostSengir79, on 10 September 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

So what happens to those of us who actually got everything done???

ceterum censeo Karthaginem esse delendam! For real, fellow self-entitled Mechwarrior, cry me a river.

Edited by latinisator, 10 September 2018 - 08:47 PM.

#36 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:37 PM

I am quite happy with this glitch, I may now chase the remaining bags, already have the mech.
Running these back to back does give me a bit of event fatigue, but its still a good set-up.

#37 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:40 PM

Thanks for the bonus lootbags PGI . Posted Image I am just sorry I was burnt out from finishing early I did not play a bit more .

Edited by Pain G0D, 10 September 2018 - 10:41 PM.

#38 Xumtiil

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:18 PM

I'm mostly annoyed I didn't play because I saw on the forums and on Twitter it was broken, so I figured why bother. Goes to show how much faith I had in pgi coming up with an agreeable resolution.

I owe you an apology and I still reserve resentment because the bonus loot bags would have allowed people who missed out on some faction play to make up for it, which is the exact situation I'm in.

Still, nice to see the happy people.

-X

#39 Xumtiil

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:30 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 10 September 2018 - 05:44 PM, said:

Faction Warfare ran as it was supposed to... So nobody is allowed anything extra for that. Frankly, if I hadn't finished my Faction Warfare Section, that would have been on me. Everyone had 6 Days, and Scouting was allowed to count by PGI, so the time for that has passed. I get how you feel, but that Section won't be getting any Extra Time for anyone. Sorry, and I wish you better luck on the Next Event with a Pick-A-Prize Mech. :(

<Snip>

~Mr. D. V. &quot;Fixes happened where they needed to... Sorry if it's not of any help.&quot; Devnull

I'd agree with you if they had given us prior warning before the event started. Not everyone logs in every day to check for events, and if you didn't check before having a busy weekend, you lost on time Friday, Saturday, Sunday and most of Monday before you even realized an event was on in the first place. If I had known from day one and failed, that's on me. If you sneaky beeky like start an event that was not even announced properly one or two days before, that's a different ballpark.
It made me give up on the quick play portion altogether to be honest, which in this case turned out to be a double mistake. But that one's on me.

-X

#40 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:36 PM

Everyone, I'm realizing... On top of PGI doing a great job in trying to fix the error, they've left themselves one heck of a useful opening. PGI might find it worthwhile to have ANOTHER Loot Bag Event after this one, primarily with lots of...
  • (MC)
  • Hanging Cockpit Items
  • WarHorns
  • (C-Bills)
...and call it either...
  • "Back-To-School Madness!"
  • "Vancouver, We Have A Goofy Problem"
  • "Tassels In Your Loot, Anyone?"
...plus have a configuration of...
  • 25 Loot Bags each for the 50/100/150/200/250 Match Score Levels
  • Allowance of "All Game Modes" counting towards these Loot Bags, preventing argument over user choice of what they wanted to play
  • A healthy Run Time of 7 Days, in order to leave literally and absolutely everyone with no excuse if they failed to finish
...then perhaps they could even throw in a possible Pick-A-Prize of...
  • Just ONE of a small smattering of the Lower-Priced Colors @ 90 Loot Bags
  • Just ONE of a small smattering of Non-Faction Camo Patterns @ 120 Loot Bags
...requiring that you really put some effort forward, and leaving only a 5 Loot Bag Buffer between there and the Maximum Limit of what you can get! :D

All wackiness aside, I'm half-joking and half-serious about that idea. It would give PGI a second easy shot at doing one without any of the problems that happened in this one. They could even refer to it as a "We made an error, so we decided to throw this bonanza because of it." in order to attract positive attention along with plenty of happy people sinking their teeth into actually playing properly with other people. Yeah, the people ranting about being quote-unquote "unable to play" is kind of annoying, so I thought dropping something in their faces could possibly get rid of the negative attention from other folk around here. ^_^

~D. V. "Either I have just thought of something Freakishly Awesome, or Maddeningly Insane... I dunno which." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users