73 replies to this topic

#61 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:56 PM

View Postarcana75, on 12 September 2018 - 05:52 PM, said:

Correct me if I'm mistaken. If I had done 75/75 for FP then 70/75 for QP, then kept playing near the end of the event, then the event resolution gets announced, I am now able to get a further 75 bags, for a total of 220 loot bags? If I had completed all 75/75 + 75/75 for FP & QP and called it a day, then I'd be denied the additional 75 lootbags?

Not additional 75 bags, the event for the 75 QP bags was just reopened so you could get the missing 5. Should you have played in the timeframe between iirc 5pm and 10:40am and any of these games qualify for loot bags, you would've gotten those as bonus loot bags in the lower part of the redeem page.

View Postarcana75, on 12 September 2018 - 05:52 PM, said:

Or, someone who did 70/75 for FP, then said ah screw it I won't make the 150 and give up trying for QP, and called it a day, they would have missed out on the opportunity to not only gun for the Heavy Mech redeem, but also an extra 75 for a total of 220 as well?

Not additional 75 loot bags. But if you skipped the QP part and didn't play in the mentioned window to get those bonus loot bags, your only options for getting the 'free' heave mech is to start getting the 75 QP bags - usually done in 50 games - and either invest in the TSP or one of the eligible mech packs.

#62 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:11 PM

I say thanks for being fair, PGI. Sure, people who are playing more regularly get the most benefit from it, but at least those on a tight schedule are not on a disadvantage.

#63 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:27 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 12 September 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

how come you dont get any free loot if you finished the event before the weekend flustercuck?

It rewarded people who play outside the event as well as in. I finished very early and carried on playing ... ergo getting 38 bonus bags over the max possible. Posted Image

I doesn't reward you for not bothering to play "because you finished".

View PostBuenaventura, on 12 September 2018 - 10:56 PM, said:

Not additional 75 bags, the event for the 75 QP bags was just reopened so you could get the missing 5. Should you have played in the timeframe between iirc 5pm and 10:40am and any of these games qualify for loot bags, you would've gotten those as bonus loot bags in the lower part of the redeem page.

Not additional 75 loot bags. But if you skipped the QP part and didn't play in the mentioned window to get those bonus loot bags, your only options for getting the 'free' heave mech is to start getting the 75 QP bags - usually done in 50 games - and either invest in the TSP or one of the eligible mech packs.

Well yes and no - it allowed you to go well over the maximum - I got 75 for FP, 75 for QP, 125 bonus bags... and then an extra 38 for my battles that day. 313 Total. The 150 for the free mech were a total not just for the FP/QP as I got the bonus mech while doing the FP element.

Apologies if I've misunderstood what you meant - just clarifying that bit. Posted Image

Edited by Aramuside, 13 September 2018 - 12:28 AM.

#64 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:13 AM

View PostAramuside, on 13 September 2018 - 12:27 AM, said:

It rewarded people who play outside the event as well as in. I finished very early and carried on playing ... ergo getting 38 bonus bags over the max possible. Posted Image

I doesn't reward you for not bothering to play "because you finished".

il be sure to remember that when i get my big wad of cash next month (and the fact that pgi hasnt released any interesting mech packs in the last few months doesnt help either).

Edited by LordNothing, 13 September 2018 - 05:14 AM.

#65 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:19 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 13 September 2018 - 05:13 AM, said:

il be sure to remember that when i get my big wad of cash next month (and the fact that pgi hasnt released any interesting mech packs in the last few months doesnt help either).

Excellent - what does that have to do with you not playing?

#66 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 07:44 AM

View PostAramuside, on 13 September 2018 - 06:19 AM, said:

Excellent - what does that have to do with you not playing?

because every time i start to open my wallet, pgi does something i dont like. it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see the feedback loop that causes.

#67 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:57 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 13 September 2018 - 07:44 AM, said:

because every time i start to open my wallet, pgi does something i dont like. it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see the feedback loop that causes.

But you're not playing so why would that be relevant? ;)

#68 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 04:48 PM

View PostAramuside, on 13 September 2018 - 09:57 AM, said:

But you're not playing so why would that be relevant? Posted Image

there is a such thing as burnout you know. how many events have we had back to back over the last few months? i completed them all. there are other things i do.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 September 2018 - 04:50 PM.

#69 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:16 PM

Alright. Now start the next event. So I have something to do this weekend. Preferably in quick play.

#70 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:58 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 13 September 2018 - 04:48 PM, said:

there is a such thing as burnout you know. how many events have we had back to back over the last few months? i completed them all. there are other things i do.

That means you are well rested and can burn yourself out on the next cool event yes ?

#71 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:16 AM

View PostDarkFhoenix, on 13 September 2018 - 11:58 PM, said:

That means you are well rested and can burn yourself out on the next cool event yes ?

of course. im such a sucker for free mc. still trying to catch all the heroes.

#72 OMCBOONE

• PipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:30 AM

Thanks for the Event.

Can we get another one now? It would be nice to have something running all the time..

You know "reason to play events"

Not to sound poopy but having the events is a reason for me and some others to play.. No matter how small the rewards its just nice having challenges and goals.

Perhaps you could have weekly/daily challenges like many other games.

#73 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:16 PM

View PostOMCBOONE, on 14 September 2018 - 09:30 AM, said:

Perhaps you could have weekly/daily challenges like many other games.

Except for the fact that the systems which PGI has in-place currently do not allow for someone to pin a Challenge (for example, like games such as FortNite allow) and take it with them for as long as they actually need to complete it. So while the idea of Daily Challenges falls a tad flat on its' face, the idea of Weekly Challenges might still be possible to do. However, PGI would still have to give at least 96 Hours of Advance Notice before each one launches, because people are not always able to check the announcements and such on a daily basis. Otherwise, we would end up seeing a lot of disgruntled people complaining how they were not told in advance, all because they would miss the notes of a system like this being launched in the first place. :(

That said, if PGI could implement Challenge Pinning, then those Weekly/Daily Challenges which you suggest could become a rather viable thing. Unfortunately, they're up against actually getting people to check the News and/or Patch Notes, and we know how most humans are about that. :mellow:

~D. V. "PGI has some technical challenges and/or informational issues to overcome." Devnull

#74 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 12:21 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 13 September 2018 - 04:48 PM, said:

Yeah apologies I do understand. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users