Mech Can Get Jammed In E4

Bug Report

5 replies to this topic

#1 Lybbarde

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 12:44 AM

Mech (Mad Dog) jammed dropping down between ramp and wall at position 1920.5 1694.1 74.5 in E4. Appears to bob up and down, can torso twist but can not otherwise move. Upon getting destroyed mech fell through the ground.

Have repeated it in training grounds by going up ramp then walking of backwards at an angle towards the corner of the building. (The upright cylinder bulging out of the building)
Mech begins to slide of the side off the ramp and down along the ramp before getting jammed and floating.
Destroyed mech by overheating resulting in similar fall through the floor.

Edited by Lybbarde, 11 September 2018 - 12:45 AM.

#2 IIIIRedactedIIII

Rookie

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:21 AM

I second this request - hapened to me twice already and this is not really my idea fun getting stuck having the crap shot out of you and there is nothing you can do about it.

#3 Lybbarde

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:46 PM

Now with Video

#4 Lybbarde

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 04:23 PM

Still an issue as of the 13th of November update. New video with some more information.

#5 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 17 November 2018 - 06:32 AM

This is because these ramps are way too close to the buildings which leads to most mechs getting stuck between them(excluding lights). I think PGI should move the walls of those buildings a bit further away from the ramps because not only can mechs get stuck in there but also that gap between the ramp and the building makes escaping a limpossible for assaults and heavies.

#6 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 09:08 AM

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 17 November 2018 - 06:32 AM, said:

This is because these ramps are way too close to the buildings which leads to most mechs getting stuck between them(excluding lights). I think PGI should move the walls of those buildings a bit further away from the ramps because not only can mechs get stuck in there but also that gap between the ramp and the building makes escaping a limpossible for assaults and heavies.

No its not how close the ramps are, but I also don't appreciate some ramps making streets dead ends for some bigger mechs.

Watch at Lybbarde's video there is something else going on.
With only some heavy mechs getting stuck and the jump jets not working after getting stuck... I'd guess its the collision detection and modeling of those few specific mechs, otherwise the executioner, nova, etc should've all gotten stuck as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users