#81 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 01:40 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 11 September 2018 - 12:50 PM, said:

dude don't post your loadouts

the try hards will just give you hell (that includes PGI)

Eisenhorne IS try-hard at FW most of the time, and his build is spot on. He is also a great player, so I don't think he has to worry about it.

Edited by Kwea, 21 October 2018 - 01:40 PM.

#82 Astrocanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 642 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:18 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 26 September 2018 - 10:48 AM, said:

Larger groups get faster drops... I've had numerous occasions where sitting there for 10+ minutes with a 4 man group, and once I get into an 8+ man group the wait times are much shorter.

Also, if you happen to run into another 10 man (it has happened) then if you're dropping as a 4 man it really sucks playing pretty well and having your team be absolutely full of trash you can't carry hard enough to win. If I could guarantee I wouldn't fight against other large organized groups, then sure, a carry lance is fun when dealing with pugs or other small groups on the other side.

And the final point, I like having teammates that can be relied on.if I call out that there are multiple enemies moving to X position, it's great to know your team will move into position to ambush them or intercept them, instead of simply nascaring away leaving you to die. If you call out for help, its great to know someone will come help you. Having good teammates makes the game more enjoyable.

Well, honestly, this post convinced me. I am QP trash and don't want to sully your pristine perfection. Have fun!

#83 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:23 PM

View PostAstrocanis, on 02 November 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

Well, honestly, this post convinced me. I am QP trash and don't want to sully your pristine perfection. Have fun!

K.

#84 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:35 PM

Ironically every single player in FW, every single one, was 'QP trash' originally.

What makes them good FW players or FW veterans is they put in the effort to group up and play as a team.

It's a game. Play and have fun. However FW strongly rewards teamwork and brutally punishes QP mentality. That's the game. If you want to play as a team, well, do what everyone else (tens of thousands of players) has done and group up. If not, either accept you'll be smashed regularly by those who do or do something else.

#85 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 09:23 PM

This Thread is like the anti-advertisement for Faction Play. Call out pugs by name to deliberately humiliate them? Deliberately team kill to (somehow) instill discipline? Urgh.

I understand it’s frustrating when teams don’t act as you want them to, and wanting them to improve, but these attitudes on display are really repugnant, and kind of alienating to anyone new wanting to try the format.

#86 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 03 November 2018 - 04:56 AM

Is it though? If you enjoy screwing over your teammates and getting screwed over by your teammates, needlessly running away from the enemy (nascar), then quick play is for you.

If you're tired of all that and you want to play with a much less selfish attitude, and expect your teammates to have your back FP is for you. It does however mean that FP type gameplay requires a lot more trust between teammates. Some FP players get frustrated when people bring the selfish screw you as long as I live attitude from qp into fp because they play the mode for the very reason to avoid that sort of behaviour. I think that's fairly understandable.

#87 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 11:18 AM

You'd be surprised at the number of players in FP that will repeatedly solo yolo into the enemy team by themselves, even after demonstrating that they have comms and can understand English... usually through yelling 'I know what I am doing' and perma-deading themselves in no time.

Keeping people out of FP until they are ready will increase their enjoyment of the game. Until then, learn in the sewage that is QP.

#88 S O L A I S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 390 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 November 2018 - 01:23 PM

View PostMaddermax, on 02 November 2018 - 09:23 PM, said:

This Thread is like the anti-advertisement for Faction Play. Call out pugs by name to deliberately humiliate them? Deliberately team kill to (somehow) instill discipline? Urgh.

I understand it’s frustrating when teams don’t act as you want them to, and wanting them to improve, but these attitudes on display are really repugnant, and kind of alienating to anyone new wanting to try the format.

Team killing from what I have seen usually gets anonymous interwebs people to dig in further into disruptive, anti-social, and trolly behaviour.

As far as an anti advert, sure. Team orientated folks who enjoy the strat of managing a deck will usually figure out how to be successful and are generally open to learn. Then there are the quick play heros who will argue with a BCMC/Evil group on why it makes sense for him to take a light first to attack Sulpherous because 'not all of us play the game the same way'.

People vent on these forums but a lot of the folks responding are people I play with. We don't as a rule dish out discipline, and I don't really know any units that do as PGI has been known to crack down on groups of people thumbing their nose at the ToS and CoC.

The best way as a group or team to deal with yolo artists and other i do what i want in team game players? Ignore them. Mute them, and people that are on comms and listening are what you focus on.

The other thing that happens though if you look at both sides of this coin, is we get aggravated enough that we just fill up a twelve man, which then people complain that we are too strong and ruining the game, so either way it is a lose, lose for community.

#89 Isaiah Kell

• PipPipPip
  • Hero of Davion
  • Hero of Davion
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 07:09 AM

Company Name: Beat Down Mechacycle Club [BTDN]

Unit Size: 21 Members

Hierarchy: Patch Holders, Prospects, Associates and Hangarounds

Unit Focus: Community Warfare/FACTION PLAY, Solaris, Comp Play.

Playtimes: US TIME ZONE IN EVENINGS EVERY DAY. Euro and Oceanic players welcome as well!

Roles to Fill: We are looking for pilots who want to play well in an organized fashion

Comms:
Discord: Beatdown: https:discord.gg/kTP7dsP

New unit, but experienced leaders.

Teamwork is OP

O7. Respect.

How to Join:

Come to comms: Beatdown: https:discord.gg/kTP7dsP

That's it. Easy as pie.

We are just trying to be a relevant FP unit, an alternative to GN-X/EVILDSx/KDCM... Join them if you want it easy, join us if you want a challenge. Bring C-Bills.Posted Image

View PostJ O K E R, on 03 November 2018 - 04:56 AM, said:

Is it though? If you enjoy screwing over your teammates and getting screwed over by your teammates, needlessly running away from the enemy (nascar), then quick play is for you.

If you're tired of all that and you want to play with a much less selfish attitude, and expect your teammates to have your back FP is for you. It does however mean that FP type gameplay requires a lot more trust between teammates. Some FP players get frustrated when people bring the selfish screw you as long as I live attitude from qp into fp because they play the mode for the very reason to avoid that sort of behaviour. I think that's fairly understandable.

I Couldn't Say it Better. Now, FP = bring 12 badasses or lose

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users