98 replies to this topic

#41 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:04 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 13 September 2018 - 10:54 PM, said:

Posted Image

My OCD afflicted self wails in terror upon this laser hardpoint asymmetry.

OMFG fix this and fix the arms. Y u do dis?

#42 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:30 AM

Arms are fine as far as I'm concerned. The reason is probaly the 3rd ballistic hardpoint on the left. Still triggers me. I'd rather have the Bs asymmetric than the Es.

#43 Daemonara

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 92 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:34 AM

I think the upper body looks alot wider than the concept, otherwise it's a beautiful mech.

#44 WarmasterRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:14 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 13 September 2018 - 10:54 PM, said:

Posted Image

My OCD afflicted self wails in terror upon this laser hardpoint asymmetry.

You made me look! Damn, now I’m infected, it bugs me too now! D:
PGI please, the energy hardpoint, it must go all out on the feng shui! :P
Harmonious! SYMMETRIC !

#45 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 14 September 2018 - 05:11 AM

uh... the torso hardpoints for energy ARE symmetrical. Also, the arm mount's firing off in a diff direction because the weapons are being fired independently of the Torso mounts.

#46 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 05:13 AM

View PostWill9761, on 13 September 2018 - 10:20 PM, said:

I find it funny that the Incubus Mech, is named after male demon, but the IS designation is called the Vixen (yes I know it is a fox), which mean a spiteful or quarrelsome woman. Posted Image

Oh, those silly Spheroids.

Ok, I see it now. The mech does looks like woman (especially with those heels). If that was the clan's intentions, it should have been called, the "Succubus". Posted Image

THATS WHAT I BEEN SAYING SINCE I FIRST SEEN THIS MECH in the TROs. at the time I didn't know clans called her the Incubus so it was and will always ne the Vixen for me. than I got the I think clan falcon source book and seen it was call the incubus and I was disappointed in the clans. Asked my self the same thing and will call it the vixen to this day.

#47 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,819 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 14 September 2018 - 05:57 AM

View PostThe Boneshaman, on 14 September 2018 - 05:13 AM, said:

THATS WHAT I BEEN SAYING SINCE I FIRST SEEN THIS MECH in the TROs. at the time I didn't know clans called her the Incubus so it was and will always ne the Vixen for me. than I got the I think clan falcon source book and seen it was call the incubus and I was disappointed in the clans. Asked my self the same thing and will call it the vixen to this day.

Probably it's a trap. Posted Image

#48 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:11 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 14 September 2018 - 05:11 AM, said:

uh... the torso hardpoints for energy ARE symmetrical. Also, the arm mount's firing off in a diff direction because the weapons are being fired independently of the Torso mounts.

That's true for the other variants. But look closely, both torso lasers are lined under the left ballistic hardpoints. Those on the other variants are different.

#49 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:14 AM

The Arms! Fix them you must!

#50 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:18 AM

View PostJackal Noble, on 14 September 2018 - 09:14 AM, said:

The Arms! Fix them you must!

What to fix they're just like what is shown in the concept art. You're really spamming at this point, and be more constructive or something.

#51 Kell Aset

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:04 PM

Arms are too skinny compared to the legs, also those "feet" are just too damn fat.
Btw I was wondering, when we will get some new maps?

#52 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:39 PM

Okay, I don't get why PGI used the Incubus Hero -- instead of a Standard Variant -- in the Scale Comparison. It ends up being visually deceptive in trying to compare that one with other Mechs in the Scale Comparison Images. Also, where's the Side Profile Images? Having only the Front Profile on each Scale Comparison Image does NOT tell the whole story. :(

~D. V. "This is throwing my 'sights' off..." Devnull

#53 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:48 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 14 September 2018 - 09:18 AM, said:

What to fix they're just like what is shown in the concept art. You're really spamming at this point, and be more constructive or something.

Oh wow come at me bro, but harder try. See below, primarily the arms are fine for the most part as far as scale goes they are just out farther on the model on the horizontal axis then they appear to be. Looking at the shoulder pauldron from there is a 45 degree angle line from the bottom line of the pauldron to the outer vertical edge is where the outside of the arm reside on the model. On the concept art the arms outer line is in farther and lend to a more sleek looking mech vs the way that the model looks a bit harried. Yes that they are out too far is my opinion just well it’s my opinion that it looks kind of silly, strictly from an aesthetic standpoint.

View PostJackal Noble, on 12 September 2018 - 10:23 PM, said:

What the heck is up with the model? Why does it look so wide and derpy?

The chest, even with the added girth of the missile launchers looks 1/6-1/8 to wide. It's almost like the chest overall is bloated in size relative to the rest of the mech lending to a T-shape looking mongrel rather than a sleek humanoid look like it should have.

The arms look super weird and bad. On the concept art, the pauldrons extend out and cover the upper arm actuators. The arms are again about 1/6 to 1/8 out too far.

It just looks bad from an aesthetic standpoint. Isn't that what this is about? Aesthetics, despite the games engine showing it's age terribly day by day, patch by patch.

So please grab the modeler give him/her an extra croissant and coffee or a helping of poutine, and ask them to do a quick rehash politely. pretty please?

That can't possibly be from the camera, can it? Please don't Hellfire/Nightstar the Incubus.

Edited by Jackal Noble, 14 September 2018 - 12:49 PM.

#54 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:43 PM

You know what I didn't come at you in a aggressive way, I just pointing out you spamming this thread over and over. But since you don't want anyone calling you out for it fine be a ***** about. I don't see the point wasting my time just trying read through this thread and some guy keep spamming the same thing over and over.

Go on, whatever little point fall on deaf ears bud.

#55 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:57 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 14 September 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

You know what I didn't come at you in a aggressive way, I just pointing out you spamming this thread over and over. But since you don't want anyone calling you out for it fine be a ***** about. I don't see the point wasting my time just trying read through this thread and some guy keep spamming the same thing over and over.

Go on, whatever little point fall on deaf ears bud.

I was kidding with the posts, it was meant to be light hearted, even though I feel like some slight alterations would be great. I'm experienced enough in this game and to know that it's unlikely.
I do this sometimes with the new releases, on things that seem out of place if slightly. It lends to the over all performance and look of the mech down the road. That is why.
I was being a bit goofy, sure but do you really need to get that upset over it? Like really? over some light netiquette?
K have at it man.

I rescind my concern for the Incubus, I am sure it's hitboxes are going to be just as good as the Hellfire's if not better. Who on here as a Hellfire? Ummm I bet maybe 2 of y'all.

That's it. I adjusted the picture to show what I think the concept art conveys. Arms were moved in only about a 1/6th.
Posted Image

VS original
Posted Image

Edited by Jackal Noble, 14 September 2018 - 02:02 PM.

#56 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:38 PM

View PostJackal Noble, on 14 September 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

I was kidding with the posts, it was meant to be light hearted, even though I feel like some slight alterations would be great. I'm experienced enough in this game and to know that it's unlikely.
I do this sometimes with the new releases, on things that seem out of place if slightly. It lends to the over all performance and look of the mech down the road. That is why.
I was being a bit goofy, sure but do you really need to get that upset over it? Like really? over some light netiquette?
K have at it man.

I rescind my concern for the Incubus, I am sure it's hitboxes are going to be just as good as the Hellfire's if not better. Who on here as a Hellfire? Ummm I bet maybe 2 of y'all.

That's it. I adjusted the picture to show what I think the concept art conveys. Arms were moved in only about a 1/6th.
Posted Image

VS original
Posted Image

I don't see any sign of light heartness from what I seen you post on this thread. Idc if you need to call out things go ahead, but if I constantly see "Fix Arms" over and over you just being plain obnoxious, even if it meant to be non serious.

And no I'm upset over stupid things I just call you out on your spamming, with the same thing over and over it's the same **** I general see on reddit or youtube. Go ahead have your internet fun, whatever do what you like.

Not bother with that asinine statement there, since it your little joke.

And I'll checkout your little photoshop fix later.

#57 Star Colonel Silver Surat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:49 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 14 September 2018 - 05:57 AM, said:

Probably it's a trap. Posted Image

For what it's worth (and since it's wikipedia, not much): "many tales claim that the incubus is bisexual" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incubus

#58 laguzmage

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:04 PM

Only clantech can make the spider look chunky

#59 leony

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 15 September 2018 - 04:58 AM

View PostCato Zilks, on 12 September 2018 - 03:09 PM, said:

I think that by not showing the lower leg and the design having high knee caps, we may be thinking the mech is more squat than it actually is. Need more pictures.

Posted Image
Posted Image

And what happened to the scale side torso pictures?

Edited by leony, 15 September 2018 - 05:00 AM.

#60 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 15 September 2018 - 06:20 AM

View Postleony, on 15 September 2018 - 04:58 AM, said:

And what happened to the scale side torso pictures?

I'm wondering about that too. My post is just up the page. :(

~D. V. "Already asked this question before you..." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users