Countdown To Incubus Release Sept 18Th

98 replies to this topic

#61 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:58 AM

Why was it not shown side by side with the Piranha?

#62 Mechdocdie

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 33 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 September 2018 - 04:05 PM

Was wondering when the quirks would be announced, then noticed that they were posted as part of the comments to the patch notes when Tina posted this:
https://static.mwome...PatchQuirks.pdf

Not surprisingly for Clan Battletech there isn't much to see. Hardly worth posting...

#63 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 16 September 2018 - 04:16 PM

View PostLikeUntoBuddha, on 16 September 2018 - 08:58 AM, said:

Why was it not shown side by side with the Piranha?

Because every mech it was compared to also weighs 30 tons.

#64 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 12:19 AM

View PostJackal Noble, on 14 September 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

I was kidding with the posts, it was meant to be light hearted, even though I feel like some slight alterations would be great. I'm experienced enough in this game and to know that it's unlikely.
I do this sometimes with the new releases, on things that seem out of place if slightly. It lends to the over all performance and look of the mech down the road. That is why.
I was being a bit goofy, sure but do you really need to get that upset over it? Like really? over some light netiquette?
K have at it man.

I rescind my concern for the Incubus, I am sure it's hitboxes are going to be just as good as the Hellfire's if not better. Who on here as a Hellfire? Ummm I bet maybe 2 of y'all.

That's it. I adjusted the picture to show what I think the concept art conveys. Arms were moved in only about a 1/6th.
Posted Image

VS original
Posted Image

I have 3.... I've just never piloted them. Posted Image

#65 Alpha Vega

• PipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 43 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:50 AM

What quirks **** it is a straight damn mech and nothing else why say Quirks if there are none...

#66 wild knight

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 08:42 AM

Very disappointed it doesn't have at least some turn rate quirks or something. Its a battlemech, so therefore has advantages over an omnimech, but still its a frickin light lol.

#67 PobbestGob

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 197 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:45 AM

There's been another error with the hardpoints. Between this, the Vulcan hardpoint error, and the Hatamoto actuator error recently it's impossible to make an accurate theory craft for these Posted Image

Posted Image

#68 Slincer

Rookie

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 10:01 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image

Error in the mech stats posted in the quirk pdf OR error in the countdown to incubus page listing mech stats as pdf shows decel of 113 yet countdown screenshot shows decel of 91.66.

People have based their purchase off the stats posted in the pdf which have now been changed?

This change is across the board on all variants.

Edited by Slincer, 17 September 2018 - 10:19 AM.

#69 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 12:18 PM

There's no way people based their purchase off the pdf 3 days ago lol. If they did, they missed the pre-order bonuses and have nothing to lose asking for a refund.

#70 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 17 September 2018 - 01:19 PM

Funny how the premium hero variant has the best quirks of the bunch...not that 10% energy cooldown is a particularly strong quirk, but it's better than having literally nothing or having 10% missile velocity.

#71 Slincer

Rookie

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 01:54 PM

View PostNightbird, on 17 September 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

There's no way people based their purchase off the pdf 3 days ago lol. If they did, they missed the pre-order bonuses and have nothing to lose asking for a refund.

Funny because I know people who based the purchase on the stats mentioned in the pdf, so that kinda proves you wrong, doesn't it?

That's ok mate and yes people can ask for a refund, just a bit of a pointless change that looks like an error on their part that they probably haven't noticed.

And if you order mechs for preorder bonuses then LOL.

#72 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:07 PM

View PostFupDup, on 17 September 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

Funny how the premium hero variant has the best quirks of the bunch...not that 10% energy cooldown is a particularly strong quirk, but it's better than having literally nothing or having 10% missile velocity.

The hero is one of the worst variants of the bunch?

View PostSlincer, on 17 September 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

And if you order mechs for preorder bonuses then LOL.

No, you order for the geometry and hardpoints, which is available when the pre-order page is up...

#73 Slincer

Rookie

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:10 PM

View PostNightbird, on 17 September 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

No, you order for the geometry and hardpoints, which is available when the pre-order page is up...

For dual laser builds the hero is the best...

A lot of people don't order mechs until they hit the game or at least the notes on their mobility etc are posted...

Not to mention how often the geometry and hardpoints aren't truly represented by anything but the "countdown" information...

Edited by Slincer, 17 September 2018 - 02:17 PM.

#74 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 03:16 PM

Order based on geometry, hardpoints, get pre-order bonus... cancel if you really hate the quirks for some reason, though obviously quirks can change.

#75 Chris Lowrey

Design Consultant

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 318 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 04:47 PM

Hi everyone,

I've looked into these things and can provide some clarity.

For the missiles on the INC-5, yes this is a bug on the current internal build and it will be changed to it's advertised hard point count as described on the store page. If it has not been addressed by tomorrow's patch, expect it to be addressed at a later date.

As to the mobility changes, the mobility listed in the current in-game screen shots is correct, and in this case the documentation is incorrect. This one is on me. Allow me to explain:

Deceleration as an attribute is actually influenced by a 'Mech's weight. So naturally, what is displayed on the front end can vary from 'Mech to 'Mech even if they have similar mobility "settings" In the case of the Incubus the mobility granted to it is equal to that of the Inner Sphere 30 ton Javelin which shares similar weight and attributes.

In the process of prepping the quirk documentation for public release, something indirectly influenced the values prior to me finalizing the .PDF export which resulted in an incorrect value for both this 'Mech and a few others. This is something that I missed prior to me passing off the documentation to Tina.

As far as the initial release of the Incubus, the Deceleration value will remain consistent to the current settings on the Javelin which shares both it's tonnage and all other current mobility profiles. We will monitor it in this state and if any changes are needed to change that value, we will make them at a later date.

I apologize for the incorrectly displayed values, I'm in the process of correcting the cause of this so that hopefully similar errors will not effect future documentation releases.

#76 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 10:44 PM

View PostNightbird, on 17 September 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

It really isn't as thats just an artists impression and carries an appropriate warning to that effect. Posted Image

#77 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 10:53 PM

And there I was about complaining that the INC-3 is a straight downgrade from the INC-5. Thanks for catching the error. I would have hated it when I brought my new shiny INC-3 and everybody was like "awwww, look, it's the poor man's five".

#78 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:25 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 17 September 2018 - 10:53 PM, said:

And there I was about complaining that the INC-3 is a straight downgrade from the INC-5. Thanks for catching the error. I would have hated it when I brought my new shiny INC-3 and everybody was like "awwww, look, it's the poor man's five".

ironically my builds reflect that I thought the INC-5 was the downgrade as i didn't see the "non store" hardpoints. Posted Image

#79 Rizzi Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Wolf
  • Hero of Wolf
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 01:12 AM

Lol they forget to add quirks.... REALY NO QUIRKS ON MOST OF THIS???

#80 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 01:32 AM

why would it need any?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users