Critical Hit Destruction Bug

4 replies to this topic

#1 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 07:12 AM

Hi, there is a serious bug in the game right now where I'm seeing my lasers in one component criting out simultaneously every time.

For example, my firestarter has 2 small pulse lasers in the arm. If I suffer a crit hit that destroys an item it will always destroy both items together.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Build a firestarter, put 2 small pulse lasers in the arm and use it as a dummy.

2. shoot arm to crit out the laser.

3. Notice that they always both crit out simultaneously.

Whatever is going on, this is a pretty bad bug to have loose in the live server.

#2 Ricky Cheung

Lead QA

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:42 AM

Hi there, is there any specific way you are testing this? such as what weapons are you using to get the critical hits on the arms of the firestarter?

I quickly tried this internally and I am only seeing 1 out of the 2 small pulse laser being destroyed by a critical hit.

If there's certain way you are able to get the issue to happen 100% of the time, do let me know and I'll look into it further.

Here's a a link to a screenshot showing only 1 out of the 2 weapons got destroyed:
https://imgur.com/a/xI2nZZ1

Thanks.

#3 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 07:59 PM

Someone else pointed it out to me, and it seemed like it was happening every game whenever a weapon in my arm got crit. I'll try recording my matches and then I'll go back and see if they are double criting every time or if I was mistaken.

#4 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:24 AM

Now that Jman5 wrote it i had wondered why often similar weapons in one Mech Location be completely critted out.
I have multiple Missiles and Lasers in one location of my Thunderbolt 9S and often i lose either the Missiles or the Lasers but rarely a mix of them.

PS: Ofc b4 the Location is completely destroyed ^^

Edited by Thorqemada, 14 September 2018 - 09:43 AM.

#5 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:40 AM

What I see preferred to be crit in my mechs is ECM. Allways before the weapon in the same torso gets critted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users