Bug Causing Heat Management To Become Almost 0.

45 replies to this topic

#1 lovely-alfajores-0acb13

• Pip
  • The Moonwalker
  • The Moonwalker
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:09 PM

Is anyone else experiencing a bug where your heat management becomes practically 0.0 ?

I was just playing a game on Rubellite Oasis with my Sun Spider (SNS-A). It literally has a heat mgmt of 2/2, and in training mode my heat generation barely goes up at all. But when I played on Ruby today, it was unbearably slow, so much that it impacted gameplay to the point I could not fire back without blatantly overheating. This is NOT the first time it has happened either. I've had this problem on other maps as well. What the heck is going on!? Is it even a bug? Does it have something to do with the map?

Edited by eewoo, 13 September 2018 - 03:10 PM.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:12 PM

Always take a screenshot of your matches, especially the questionable ones. The end game have have timestamps/IDs that would allow PGI to pull what records there are to review.

If you did take a screenshot, post in the thread below as well as send in a ticket.

https://mwomercs.com...68673-heat-bug/

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 13 September 2018 - 02:12 PM.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 10:22 PM

if you had open components there is a chance you lost some heat sinks.

#4 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:44 AM

Thats the heat bug happening. Its been reported for a long time now, prob a feature.

#5 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:46 AM

I can cofirm this. Yesterday in a match a ShadowCat in our team had near nonexistant heat managment. He was running double ER PPC and he was generating so much heat per shot and he was barely cooling off. He was last alive so we were all spectating and he was even on voice chat complaining in bewilderment.

#6 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:14 AM

Is there any trends or points of consistency with this?

I had it happen last night in a Mauler on River City (4UAC5 build). Fired twice (firing 2 x 2), heat shut me down then took forever to get back to restart, then any firing again (even just 1) shut me down. Mentioned my wtf moment to others and many brought this so called bug to my attention. Based on their comments it seems that this is happening randomly with no particular mechs or builds being a particular trigger; I had been unaware that this was a thing.

What could be causing such an affect? I mean like, how is it even possible from a programming error perspective? Seems too weird to be legit...until it happens to you...and then it is just baffling.

#7 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:24 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 13 September 2018 - 10:22 PM, said:

if you had open components there is a chance you lost some heat sinks.

SunSpider comes with an XL350 engine, which means 10 engine heat sinks that can't be critted or destroyed. I have experienced the exact same thing the OP describes all day yesterday in a SunSpider with 4xATM9 as well. Previously same bug occured on a Catapult with 2xERML+4xLRM10. You can't lose enough heat sinks to turn your heat dissipation rate to only 1% heat loss every 2-3 seconds. It is a bug, plain and simple.

#8 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 04:41 AM

Sidetorso destruction gives a severe decrease in Heat Dissipation...if you run Clan-XL or IS-LE.
Clan-XL is less bad than IS-LE afair but still very noticeable.

#9 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 15 September 2018 - 04:44 AM

Yeah, but this is not sidetorso destruction. This is just solid coding.

#10 East Indy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationPacifica Training School, waiting for BakPhar shares to rise

Posted 15 September 2018 - 06:15 AM

I'm pretty sure I've seen this happen. High heat, then really stuck at the top end because dissipation was so slow.

Could a bug be causing c-XL/IS-LFE torso destruction to register prematurely?

#11 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 07:38 AM

View PostThorqemada, on 15 September 2018 - 04:41 AM, said:

Sidetorso destruction gives a severe decrease in Heat Dissipation...if you run Clan-XL or IS-LE.
Clan-XL is less bad than IS-LE afair but still very noticeable.

On a very first shot in a fully fresh mech? Don't think so ...

View PostEast Indy, on 15 September 2018 - 06:15 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure I've seen this happen. High heat, then really stuck at the top end because dissipation was so slow.

Could a bug be causing c-XL/IS-LFE torso destruction to register prematurely?

Speed isn't affected, so its not torso destruction.

#12 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:46 AM

exit the client completely after you experience it and restart it and the bug magically goes away. I figured that out months ago, told PGI in an email, nothing has happened, not even them admitting it shouldn't be doing that.

#13 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 15 September 2018 - 10:12 AM

it's a feature meant to represent dice rolls. You roll badly and boom 2/3 of your heatsinks don't work

#14 jjm1

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:48 AM

From earlier today. There is all kinds of things wrong with this match. See if you can spot them.

I will blame that Firestarter, it set fire to the game logic.

#15 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:11 PM

View Postjjm1, on 15 September 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

From earlier today. There is all kinds of things wrong with this match. See if you can spot them.

I did noticed it started after you got hit by the Firestarter's Flamer, obviously must trigger some sort of code error link to AC heat.

#16 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:32 PM

View Postjjm1, on 15 September 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

Doesn't explain why shots are simply going through stationary targets. I think we are once again looking at some deep issues with game code.

View PostSteel Raven, on 15 September 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

I did noticed it started after you got hit by the Firestarter's Flamer, obviously must trigger some sort of code error link to AC heat.

I can safely say its not exclusively flamer related. On my LRM Catapult it the bug triggered well before I was hit by anything, let alone flamers.

#17 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:46 PM

Im surprised that PGI didn't even look into fixing this bug since it was mentioned a dozen times on the patch feedback section. Shame on you PGI. The bug is there.

#18 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:11 PM

Had it happen on HPG in a stock Warhawk Nanuq I’ve owned since they came out. Every uAC10 double tap nearly pegged the meter and it took forever to dissipate. Then I had it on a Night Gyr Prime with the stock loadout every time I fired PPCs in chain. I also had it happen on a Grasshopper 5J on Canyon last night, firing rainbow ER lasers and a single SRM2.

#19 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:49 PM

Huh... Thought it was just me. I was running an uncritted Sunspider last night with just an ER PPC and UAC-20 as its main weapons and toward the end of the match I could not stay cool for love nor money. My heat simply would no dissipate and even just the PPC was taking 10 seconds to drop the heat it had caused. Maybe I'll run that build more and video cap to see if there really is a bug or maybe a single ER PPC with 4 additional heat sinks is supposed to cause more heat than the engine can vent... Would not be entirely surprised.

#20 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:53 PM

Just had a thought - wouldn't it be funny if this was yet another hidden heat feature on certain maps to try and lengthen time to kill? A gradual increase in ambient temperature which reduces the effectiveness of heat sinks as the match goes on...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users