6 replies to this topic

#1 UnofficialOperator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:27 PM

Saw some guy with really good stats crushing it with Black Lanner in T1 game after game. Unfortunately can't remember his name.

#2 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:38 PM

I've seen them used to limited success as light (or light medium) hunters, where their speed lets them keep pace and their armor somewhat compensates for their limited firepower, but I really struggle to see them as a legitimate threat beyond that.

#3 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:58 PM

Using it with ecm, an erppc, 4ersml and 2lmg. Can do some good but need to pilot it peekaboo style hit and run. Look like it cannot soak damage.

#4 Raptor007

• PipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA, USA

Posted 04 February 2019 - 06:45 PM

This is my favorite build, after filling out the Survival skill tree:

Posted Image

I started with the hero BKL-BL, swapped out the torso omnipods for AMS and extra armor, and swapped the right arm for better hardpoints. Every possible point of armor is allocated, with lots of it in the rear so I can dash away safely.

It's good at hunting lights, outmaneuvering other mediums, harassing heavies, and tearing up the rear of assaults. The 3 medium pulse make it pretty easy to land hits on the run, and the 5 machine guns chew through structure pretty quickly.

Most importantly, it's a lot of fun to play! Posted Image

#5 Raptor007

• PipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA, USA

Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:58 PM

I've been doing even better with this one:

Posted Image

You can build it from any Black Lanner chassis, no hero required. It uses the most omnipods from BKL-Prime or BKL-A, so those are the easiest starting points. Again omnipods are selected for maximum torso armor, AMS, and improved hardpoints. This one has ECM instead of the hero's head-mounted laser. I filled out most of the Survival, Operations, and Sensors skill trees, and enough of Firepower to get all of the Laser Duration reductions.

Without the pulse lasers this build is less good at hunting lights, but it's a little better at everything else. The ECM helps you sneak around behind the enemy lines, and those 4 heavy medium lasers deliver a nasty blow to rear armor, with a couple machine guns to help you turn red into dead. You'll need to play a little more evasively, ducking away while waiting for the heavy lasers to recharge.

Edited by Raptor007, 05 March 2019 - 11:01 PM.

#6 Loodacris

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 12:24 PM

I run 11 x ER small Lasers +ECM+LAMS on mine and love it. 55 damage @ 200m every 3 seconds makes it an excellent hit and run striker. Heat management a burn time isn't too bad to boot when you compare it to say, 6 X heavy medium lasers.

#7 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 11:31 AM

View PostRaptor007, on 04 February 2019 - 06:45 PM, said:

This is my favorite build, after filling out the Survival skill tree:

Posted Image

I started with the hero BKL-BL, swapped out the torso omnipods for AMS and extra armor, and swapped the right arm for better hardpoints. Every possible point of armor is allocated, with lots of it in the rear so I can dash away safely.

It's good at hunting lights, outmaneuvering other mediums, harassing heavies, and tearing up the rear of assaults. The 3 medium pulse make it pretty easy to land hits on the run, and the 5 machine guns chew through structure pretty quickly.

Most importantly, it's a lot of fun to play! Posted Image

Think you (or someone running the same build) killed me with this build. MGs crit multiplier actually makes this dangerous build mid to late game. The biggest benefit to the Black Lanner is that it has more armor than lighter mechs with similar load out without losing much speed. As long as you treat it the same as its smaller cosines, you will succeed in infuriating brawlers like me in the late game shout 'Why wont you die you little..."

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users