201 replies to this topic

#121 Adarven

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 05 October 2018 - 01:17 PM

Finished :D Hardest part was headshot :))))

#122 Corned Beef Hash

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 04:47 PM

Not to be against the spirit of the challenge..... but does anyone know if a team kill headshot counts? I'd consider sacrificing myself if it counts.

#123 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 05 October 2018 - 05:45 PM

I found out how to do the tag challenge efficiently guys!

The most i got was 12 tags in 1 match.

1)Get a fast mobile mech with 1 tag

2)Let your friendly LRM boat choose a target they wish to rain lrms on (keep your eyes open for enemy red squares with missile icons on them) and that will be the target you want to focus on tagging.

3)With the tag on the enemy, let the friendly LRM missiles hit the enemy (if the enemy receives 50+ damage from that hit you will get 1 tag point registered)

4)RINSE AND REPEAT!

PRO TIP: Some times you can get multiple tags counted from 1 enemy mech if a friendly lrm boat has direct line of sight of the enemy and has locks attacking, tag the enemy any way and wait for the first volley of lrm to hit the enemy mech and then turn off the tag to register 1 tag completion point. Now re-tag the same target again for the next volley of lrms to hit for another 50+ damage and turn off the tag again to register another tag completion point. Keep repeating this method and depending on how many hits the enemy mech needs to take to die is most likely how many tags completion point you will get for killing that mech during the match.

If this tip helped you, please like this post so other mwo players can see this easier.

I AM DONE WITH THIS EVENT SO GOOD LUCK AND GOOD HUNTING!!!

Edited by GamerPro4000, 05 October 2018 - 08:57 PM.

#124 Decency

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 08:34 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 05 October 2018 - 10:12 AM, said:

FOX 1 FOX 2 AWAY: "Use a Tag to Assist" the fix has been made so the requirement should now register.
How this challenge works:

You must tag an enemy opponent while damage is dealt to that target by you or your friendlies.
You will receive 1 tag damage per a certain time tick and cooldown, so the tag damage number does not depend on the damage which the friendlies have dealt in total while you are tagging.

You guys might have changed this but it's definitely still broken. I sat there for 2-3 minutes reigning LRMs nonstop on a potato assault with TAG held the entire time and ended up with 17/50. Please don't include this challenge in future events, it's terrible.

Edited by Decency, 05 October 2018 - 08:34 PM.

#125 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 10:10 PM

View PostGamerPro4000, on 05 October 2018 - 05:45 PM, said:

I found out how to do the tag challenge efficiently guys!

The most i got was 12 tags in 1 match.

1)Get a fast mobile mech with 1 tag

2)Let your friendly LRM boat choose a target they wish to rain lrms on (keep your eyes open for enemy red squares with missile icons on them) and that will be the target you want to focus on tagging.

3)With the tag on the enemy, let the friendly LRM missiles hit the enemy (if the enemy receives 50+ damage from that hit you will get 1 tag point registered)

4)RINSE AND REPEAT!

PRO TIP: Some times you can get multiple tags counted from 1 enemy mech if a friendly lrm boat has direct line of sight of the enemy and has locks attacking, tag the enemy any way and wait for the first volley of lrm to hit the enemy mech and then turn off the tag to register 1 tag completion point. Now re-tag the same target again for the next volley of lrms to hit for another 50+ damage and turn off the tag again to register another tag completion point. Keep repeating this method and depending on how many hits the enemy mech needs to take to die is most likely how many tags completion point you will get for killing that mech during the match.

If this tip helped you, please like this post so other mwo players can see this easier.

I AM DONE WITH THIS EVENT SO GOOD LUCK AND GOOD HUNTING!!!

OR bring a streakcrow with a light tag in the head and do it all by yourself. My best game yesterday was 13 tag damage.

#126 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 05 October 2018 - 10:42 PM

View PostDecency, on 05 October 2018 - 08:34 PM, said:

You guys might have changed this but it's definitely still broken. I sat there for 2-3 minutes reigning LRMs nonstop on a potato assault with TAG held the entire time and ended up with 17/50. Please don't include this challenge in future events, it's terrible.

No, that's working as intended. You get credit for ONE Tag Assist per target. So while you hold the tag lock and rain LRMs on it, that's one point, not one point per damage done.

#127 Zephrym

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 04:36 AM

Would it be possible to add the Champion to the list of available chassis for the event's camo selection when released?

#128 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 06 October 2018 - 05:05 AM

View PostZephrym, on 06 October 2018 - 04:36 AM, said:

Would it be possible to add the Champion to the list of available chassis for the event's camo selection when released?

PGI is unable to do that. The currently active Event will end before that Mech is released, and the Injection System is physically unable to recognize a Mech that's not in the game yet. It basically boils down to the item identifiers not being present until the Mech is added to the Live MWO Game. So, you therefore won't be able to pre-queue and hold something like that. Sorry. :(

~D. V. "That option is outside PGI's Technical Abilities." Devnull

#129 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 737 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 06 October 2018 - 06:57 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 05 October 2018 - 09:43 AM, said:

How sad is it when the first challenge you complete out of em all is the supposedly hardest 'super star'?

Actually the sad part is not that one. The sad part is watching a grown man desperately trying to impress a bunch of strangers with his alleged uber zkillz

#130 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 737 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 06 October 2018 - 07:01 AM

Thank you for changing the requirements to 11 challenges done. I will still try to do the head-shot thingy but I'm happy I'll still get a color when I fail to complete it :)

#131 Zephrym

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 08:56 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 06 October 2018 - 05:05 AM, said:

PGI is unable to do that. The currently active Event will end before that Mech is released, and the Injection System is physically unable to recognize a Mech that's not in the game yet. It basically boils down to the item identifiers not being present until the Mech is added to the Live MWO Game. So, you therefore won't be able to pre-queue and hold something like that. Sorry. Posted Image

~D. V. "That option is outside PGI's Technical Abilities." Devnull

Well the Champion ships on the 16th October and the 'pick a prize' must be claimed prior to the 31st October so it would be a possibility as the dates clearly show. All it would require is a tweak on the 16th. With a sound bit of coding, PGI would be able to autofill the options from a database of 'live and current' mechs. But that's just crazy talk! :)

#132 Taymorr

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 78 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Occupation Zone

Posted 06 October 2018 - 10:00 AM

Forcing us to get a head shot makes this event impossible to get all 12. Usually PGI does a great job at making the event complete able but not this one. Completed everything but the head shot and 500 match score, even after over 12hrs of play. The 500 match score should be more like 425 or 400 also.

#133 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 06 October 2018 - 11:15 AM

View PostTaymorr, on 06 October 2018 - 10:00 AM, said:

Forcing us to get a head shot makes this event impossible to get all 12. Usually PGI does a great job at making the event complete able but not this one. Completed everything but the head shot and 500 match score, even after over 12hrs of play. The 500 match score should be more like 425 or 400 also.

The match score one is easy, pick a build that spews out tons of spread damage (i.e. laser vomit, dakka, MRMs, etc.) and then just play for a while. You'll get it soon enough, especially if using something like a laser vomit Hellbringer.

#134 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 October 2018 - 11:25 AM

Forcing us to get a head shot makes this event impossible to get all 12.
Solaris. Lucked out and got a disco opponent.

The 500 match score should be more like 425 or 400 also.
Vomit around 800-900 damage - LRMs or Streaks are helpful for this - and you're good.

#135 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 06 October 2018 - 11:44 AM

View PostPraetorGix, on 06 October 2018 - 06:57 AM, said:

Actually the sad part is not that one. The sad part is watching a grown man desperately trying to impress a bunch of strangers with his alleged uber zkillz

You know what the actually actually sad part is? ... When a supposedly grown up man desperately tryes to show how smart he is, while completely missing someone else's point.

Edited by PhoenixFire55, 06 October 2018 - 11:44 AM.

#136 StonedThoughts

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts
  • LocationGer/NRW

Posted 06 October 2018 - 12:36 PM

Hey there, little question...
I got the Tournament Supporter thing so I should get some extra C-Bills from the challenges right? Just asking because it seems I just got the 1mil per challenge so far...

greetings and good hunting everyone
o7

#137 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 01:58 PM

View PostStonedThoughts, on 06 October 2018 - 12:36 PM, said:

Hey there, little question...
I got the Tournament Supporter thing so I should get some extra C-Bills from the challenges right? Just asking because it seems I just got the 1mil per challenge so far...

greetings and good hunting everyone
o7

The tsp bonus gets added at the end of the event.
There will be a champion event and lootbag event in the 2nd half of oct.

Not sure if we will be able to add the champion camo to select for this event but will check next week.

#138 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 03:48 PM

Why are people worried over the goal with the tag element ? All its worth is a couple useless cockpit items, and potentially if you're a tsp owner, 250k cbills after the event is over. Just don't chase it. Its really that simple.

#139 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 03:57 PM

No it doesn't. As others have said, run a fast mech and check drop zones for afks... there's usually one every other game and eventually you'll be the one who finds it. I got mine, an afk victor, an hour ago. Used a piranha ciper with 9 er micros and 6 mg's. Really the one with the components is the only valuable goal to chase as its the one giving out 1500MC of good sounding warhorns.

Edited by Dee Eight, 06 October 2018 - 03:59 PM.

#140 Mechwarrior8985372

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 03:58 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 06 October 2018 - 01:58 PM, said:

The tsp bonus gets added at the end of the event.
There will be a champion event and lootbag event in the 2nd half of oct.

Not sure if we will be able to add the champion camo to select for this event but will check next week.

So no Solaris event for end of Solaris season next weekend ?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users