Fall Harvest Event And Sale

201 replies to this topic

#101 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 05 October 2018 - 07:28 AM

I hope PGI fixes the tag challenge issue today since its not the weekend yet. It is the only challenge I have left to complete this whole thing.

#102 Anton Fetladral

• PipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 08:57 AM

I think the event is bugged? Looks like it's counting number of TAG events, rather than TAG damage. 500 is an extreme grind if that's working as intended. Probably a bug?

#103 DarthHias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 08:58 AM

Just changed to 50 and I got those Posted Image
Was quite easy with a Tag/Atm Maddog

Edited by DarthHias, 05 October 2018 - 08:59 AM.

#104 McGosy

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 09:07 AM

TY for changing to 50 TAG dmg^^
°L° 7

#105 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 05 October 2018 - 09:08 AM

Well, Everyone... I was about to have posted a message to Matt Newman about the problem with the "TAG Damage" item. But it appears that they fixed the underlying technical requirement, albeit that the text for that portion of the "Fox 1 Fox 2 Away" Challenge still needs updating to reflect the action needed. It should read something more like "Assist with Missile Damage by holding a TAG on the Target 50 Times", or perhaps "Use a TAG to Assist in 50 Damage-Causing Hits", which would be a short-but-apt description. Let's hope he reads this and gets whoever has to fix that on updating the text. Heck, just so he can see it easily, I'll ping him here...

View PostMatt Newman, on 04 October 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

I believe in you! You can do it!

...because for a short bit, I was really feeling a lack of ability to believe in myself. :mellow:

~D. V. "Glad for the underlying fix... Can we get the text fixed too?" Devnull

#106 Bloodwitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 09:36 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 04 October 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

Headshot requirement reduced to 1

The bads won again...

#107 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 05 October 2018 - 09:43 AM

How sad is it when the first challenge you complete out of em all is the supposedly hardest 'super star'?

#108 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 09:55 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 05 October 2018 - 09:43 AM, said:

How sad is it when the first challenge you complete out of em all is the supposedly hardest 'super star'?

Not sad at all... That means your Skill Level must be rather high up. You got the one that will be much harder for others only because of that. :D

As for me, I haven't been able to touch it yet after multiple drops. I've been getting lousy teams and such, which has negated any Skill which I might personally have. :(

~D. V. "Mileage varies only because of Skill... Other players will have far different experiences!" Devnull

#109 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 10:12 AM

FOX 1 FOX 2 AWAY: "Use a Tag to Assist" the fix has been made so the requirement should now register.
How this challenge works:

You must tag an enemy opponent while damage is dealt to that target by you or your friendlies.
You will receive 1 tag damage per a certain time tick and cooldown, so the tag damage number does not depend on the damage which the friendlies have dealt in total while you are tagging.

#110 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 05 October 2018 - 10:25 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 05 October 2018 - 09:55 AM, said:

Not sad at all... That means your Skill Level must be rather high up. You got the one that will be much harder for others only because of that. Posted Image

As for me, I haven't been able to touch it yet after multiple drops. I've been getting lousy teams and such, which has negated any Skill which I might personally have. Posted Image

~D. V. "Mileage varies only because of Skill... Other players will have far different experiences!" Devnull

Getting lousier teams makes it easier to get higher match scores. If my team is all good, it will be very hard to get the damage done that I need to make a 500 match score. If my team is terrible, I have to do 1k+ to carry to victory, so I'm more likely to get that higher score.

#111 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 10:40 AM

@Tina Benoit: Thank you for the fixes and additional clarification on mechanic! <3

#112 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 10:40 AM

Was getting a bit frustrated since I don't play gauss much, couldn't get a HS then I headshotted 2 madcats in a row :D feel good mang

#113 Warschnuffel

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 62 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationMünster

Posted 05 October 2018 - 10:46 AM

Yeah but still ... ppl now playing weird builds to farm that ... :>

#114 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 05 October 2018 - 11:00 AM

Headshots are hard to come by, guess I'll grab my pulse heavy lasers and look for those standing on hill tops who are not paying attention. Other items, nice. Thank you, and for my fellow players, see you in game because without you I could not win any good prizes.

#115 Bloodwitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 11:05 AM

View PostTina Benoit, on 05 October 2018 - 10:12 AM, said:

FOX 1 FOX 2 AWAY: "Use a Tag to Assist" the fix has been made so the requirement should now register.

It's working, confused it with tagged LRM damage. Thanks for clarification!

#116 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 11:09 AM

What does the "FOX 1 FOX 2 AWAY" mean? While we are at it, what does bridesmaid mean in the context of MWO archivement it's binded into?

#117 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 05 October 2018 - 11:11 AM

FOX - https://en.wikipedia.../Fox_(code_word)

Bridesmaid is like in the saying, always a bridesmaid, never a bride. Like, your assisting, but never getting that killing blow.

Edited by Eisenhorne, 05 October 2018 - 11:12 AM.

#118 Bloodwitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 11:15 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 05 October 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

FOX - https://en.wikipedia.../Fox_(code_word)

Bridesmaid is like in the saying, always a bridesmaid, never a bride. Like, your assisting, but never getting that killing blow.

You big fat nerd...

#119 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 11:40 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 05 October 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

Ah yes, sayings are difficult to know about foreing lanquage.

#120 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 11:53 AM

View PostTina Benoit, on 05 October 2018 - 10:12 AM, said:

You must tag an enemy opponent while damage is dealt to that target by you or your friendlies.
You will receive 1 tag damage per a certain time tick and cooldown, so the tag damage number does not depend on the damage which the friendlies have dealt in total while you are tagging.

First off, thank you for the clarification for those who can use it. :D

However, it so happens that the phrasing is still a little confusing to someone that naturally speaks/reads/writes in English, because it's their primary language. This will also cause problems with online translator apps. In order to word the following...

Use a Tag to Assist in 50 Damage

...properly into something that makes sense to others, it would work better if it reads...

Use a Tag to Assist in 50 Successful Hits

...because you're not actually asking for the Actual Damage Value itself anymore, but instead the 'Count Of Instances' in which Damage strikes an Enemy's Mech while the TAG is marking it. So, is there any chance we can have that wording updated please? :o

~Mr. D. V. "trying to help make the definition visible from the surface" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users