#61 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 04 October 2018 - 06:36 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 04 October 2018 - 03:19 PM, said:

Unfortunately, I can't remove the headshot requirement entirely at this point and I am also unable to change the 500 Match score.

The event has been altered so that particular challenge is not required to "finish" the event.
however, it remains for those who may finish everything else but want that one last difficult challenge.
My sympathies to those with event completion OCD.

ALSO
on Decals, if you already own these decals there is no prize replacement feature.
I try not to give out decals for this reason but these just seem appropriate for this challenge.

Matt

LOL this is funny. I appreciate this comment more than all the events I have completed combined.
I knew a certain someone would ask for 499 if it were 500, and 9 days if it were 8.
The Tag requirement would be the hardest thing for me (other than headshots) but I intend to go without missle damage all week and will be piloting a Dual HGR Fafnir to get a headshot! GAME ON! (and 500 match score is easy for anyone who has played the game over a few months.

#62 Sable Dove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 06:37 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 04 October 2018 - 06:27 PM, said:

dropped to one but it only took 4 games in solaris div 1 with a quad ac10 anni.

Or just keep dropping in the fastest mech you have until you get an AFK for that easy headshot. Far more reliable than just praying for a headshot.

#63 Leve198777 Thy Potato Pope

• Pip
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 06:38 PM

I went to buy a pack, it's still full price, you have not reduced price yet on mech packs

#64 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,790 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 06:45 PM

View PostSable Dove, on 04 October 2018 - 06:37 PM, said:

Or just keep dropping in the fastest mech you have until you get an AFK for that easy headshot. Far more reliable than just praying for a headshot.

i suppose thats acceptable...

...for a scrub.

#65 Sable Dove

• Knight Errant
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 06:53 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 04 October 2018 - 06:45 PM, said:

i suppose thats acceptable...

...for a scrub.

Whatever gets me the headshot fastest so I can go back to playing the way I prefer.

#66 Zebbi

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 07:02 PM

Anyone know why the mech pack prices are not on sale as the Harvest event says?

Is the event working at all?

Was kinda hoping to buy one at the sale price :(

Edited by Zebbi, 04 October 2018 - 07:02 PM.

#67 Rip X

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 07:05 PM

I dunno about this Tag Damage thing. 10 matches I have a total of 24 tag damage. At this rate that will be over 200 matches to finish this part of the event.

Ok I just got 7 Tag Damage in a match. I saw lots of missiles hitting the targets I tagged. Looks like it is only counting how many targets I tagged that took damage from missiles. 500 Tag Damage is wayy too much.

Edited by Rip X, 04 October 2018 - 07:24 PM.

#68 process

• Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 07:09 PM

I would just like to thank the Orion pilot who overheated in front of me for the headshot. Posted Image

#69 SoulRcannon

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 07:18 PM

Having played around with it for a few matches, I suspect the tag objective for the missile aspect of the event is not tracking the damage dealt by the weapon system assisted by the tag, but is tracking instances in which the tag assisted in dealing damage. If this is the case, if its not tracking damage but tracking tag assists, 500 is waaaaaaay too high a number for this objective.

#70 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 07:52 PM

I think the TAG damage challenge is broken. If you hold a TAG on an enemy and 100 missiles hit, it counts as 1.

#71 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 04 October 2018 - 07:54 PM

View PostBlackhawkSC, on 04 October 2018 - 07:52 PM, said:

I think the TAG damage challenge is broken. If you hold a TAG on an enemy and 100 missiles hit, it counts as 1.

It seems to be coded to count how many times you get a TAG assist rather than the amount of damage that you assisted with.

#72 Sable Dove

• Knight Errant
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 07:55 PM

Could we at least get the wording changed on FOX 1 FOX 2 AWAY? From "Use a Tag to Assist in 500 Damage" to "Use a Tag to Assist in missile damage 500 times" since it's very obviously not based on actual amount of damage done.

Also, 500 seems a bit high, considering you're usually lucky to get 10 in a match.

Edited by Sable Dove, 04 October 2018 - 07:56 PM.

#73 Iron Lemur

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 08:44 PM

View PostFupDup, on 04 October 2018 - 07:54 PM, said:

It seems to be coded to count how many times you get a TAG assist rather than the amount of damage that you assisted with.

+1 on this. I laid out 200-ish damage with holding tag, and got 5 Tag credits for the event.

The grind is real.

#74 AnHell86

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 106 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 04 October 2018 - 08:45 PM

FULL HEAD ARMOR! :)

It's great that challenges are more difficult.

#75 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 09:16 PM

When are the sales starting!? :o

#76 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 10:52 PM

View PostZephrym, on 04 October 2018 - 11:22 AM, said:

I believe that the hit boxes of disconnected mechs are scrambled making head shots nigh on impossible. Afk, overheaters and targeting/luck are your best options. Z.

Definitely not true on the dc bit as I might have got a few that way. ;)

#77 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 04 October 2018 - 10:54 PM

Yea, it certainly seems the tag one is bugged, and if not, then it's like 10x more time consuming than every game in there. I'm getting like 5 per game, so that means I'll have to play 100 games to get it. If that's intentional, fine, whatever. But it seems like a bug.

#78 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 11:03 PM

View Postkapusta11, on 04 October 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

I can already see a bunch of flamer Novas trying to overheat dual HGauss mechs.

in all fairness though in most cases its a highly effective tactic as even paying attention to heat you can't use most of your armament... if you're stupid enough to fire too much yeah you're an easy headshot target. More seen in sub 12 man fights as in 12 man your friends just nail the flamer fast. ;)

View PostHumble Dexter, on 04 October 2018 - 01:10 PM, said:

I suggest swapping the "get a headshot" requirement, to a "be head shot once" requirement.

This compensates for receiving a headshot instead of aggravating it, while being no less then every bit as rare to pull off.

that takes zero skill though. ;)

View PostGamerPro4000, on 04 October 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

Try using light machine gun mech with 6 or more ballistic hard points to inflate damage and score numbers while wrecking components. Other build a streak boat and inflate damage numbers to get a 500 score.

AMS also adds very nicely.

#79 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 11:35 PM

View PostSable Dove, on 04 October 2018 - 03:35 PM, said:

True enough. I'm hoping that now that the Faf is out for C-Bills, they can nerf heavy Gauss with fewer complaints.

Why on earth would you nerf them? There are plenty of weapon systems/combo's you might but as long as you're not in a slow assault mech you can easily keep out of where they're most deadly. The mix of requirements - crit/weight/ammo - is a huge limiter.

One amusing thing is even getting a lot of kills in a dual HGR only mech your score will generally be awful as you do such precise damage, similar to a gauss only build except there you have more ammo to waste and a far better optimal.

#80 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 11:49 PM

View PostDaggett, on 04 October 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

This particular challenge is clearly aimed at the best players (hence the name "Super Star Challenge") and is therefore not required to get the full 'pick-your-price' stuff. If you don't think: "No problem", then the challenge is just not meant for you. For example in my non-meta, non-cheese Bushracker i do 500+ MS on average, and 700+ MS happens quite regularly while having a huge impact on the match in terms of W/L. So from my perspective the challenge is still too easy, i will probably fulfill it within my first two matches. I disagree. If you take a build tailored to do headshots and learn the cockpit locations you can easily net at least a headshot per evening without being a burden to your team. As mentioned above the challenge is not aimed at you if you think it's too hard. The players this challenge is aimed at will easily get 10+ headshots during the event's week. Headshots in MWO are 99% dedication and training. Also as far as i know, you wont get a headshot from AFK mechs.
Posted Image

Or LBX .... ;)

Anyone mind confirming when the sale is up if the Keeper is included in the in game sale... pretty please. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users