Fall Harvest Event And Sale

201 replies to this topic

#41 Mechwarrior8985372

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:58 PM

Was very not interested in last weeks event, reward for time was not good i say.

This event rewards for time, very good. I say no reductions ! event was good without change !

People want things for free, things are not supposed to be free good things should require good time commitment to get!

If you no have time to play, you dont get the rewards it is simple ! the rewards are to get us to play the game more so people get matches quicker !

I also like that events make us play differently. Difference makes new, makes interesting. 2 headshots and 500 match score are fine ! remake them requirement !

If I give last event 1 / 10 i give this event 9 / 10

#42 Mechwarrior8985372

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:11 PM

Also Solaris 1v1 would be good place for people to do the headshots should make it 5 headshots so ppl play solaris ! =)

#43 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:15 PM

View PostDaggett, on 04 October 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

This particular challenge is clearly aimed at the best players (hence the name "Super Star Challenge") and is therefore not required to get the full 'pick-your-price' stuff. If you don't think: "No problem", then the challenge is just not meant for you.

Well, sure it's aimed at the best. And, I don't mind there being a really hard Challenge. I just thought it would be worth the slight adjustment on Match Score to allow just slightly lesser players having a chance at being able to acquire Rewards and resources that would permit them catching up to those that are the best. Why let the pool of those that are the best become stagnant, eh? They should have new blood incoming to keep them on their toes. :)

View PostDaggett, on 04 October 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

Also as far as i know, you wont get a headshot from AFK mechs. Posted Image

Not 100% True, interestingly enough. If you can find where the Head Hitbox went to, you can still get one. You might feel horrible enough after to not want to Report them, though. :P

View PostReichKaiser, on 04 October 2018 - 04:11 PM, said:

Also Solaris 1v1 would be good place for people to do the headshots should make it 5 headshots so ppl play solaris ! =)

Uhm... Unless that one was a totally separate Challenge, then I would have to disagree. No reason to make a Super-Unrealistic Challenge, frankly. :wacko:

~Mr. D. V. "just had a couple extra thoughts to communicate here" Devnull

#44 ArcRoyale

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:27 PM

Uh... shouldn't there be a 4th sale on this sale?

#45 Mo125

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:28 PM

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see the updated sale prices on the web pages. Am I missing something?

#46 Shanrak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:39 PM

Use a Tag to Assist in 500 Damage

What counts as a tag assist? I was tagging stuff left and right in my last match, including shooting the target with lasers, but I only got 2 tag damage in the end. Do they have to be shot with lurms to count?

#47 Sable Dove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:41 PM

View PostShanrak, on 04 October 2018 - 04:39 PM, said:

What counts as a tag assist? I was tagging stuff left and right in my last match, including shooting the target with lasers, but I only got 2 tag damage in the end. Do they have to be shot with lurms to count?

Pretty sure yes (SSRMs might count too). Can't be your own either.

#48 Lord Vain McPayne

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:42 PM

How does the tag damage challenge work? I can't seem to do more than 7 tag damage each map despite holding targets for a bunch of missiles hitting target? It feels like I am only getting credit for the number of times I tag a target, and not the resulting damage that is being done.

#49 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:44 PM

View PostNightbird, on 04 October 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

Can you move all the weight class victory challenges into one challenge so you don't kill the FP queue? People in FP can just skip that one to complete the event.

Apparently you can win in FP Invasion and have it count towards weight class win for EACH mech you drop in. Please fix misleading text in announcement.

#50 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:48 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 04 October 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

Well, sure it's aimed at the best. And, I don't mind there being a really hard Challenge. I just thought it would be worth the slight adjustment on Match Score to allow just slightly lesser players having a chance at being able to acquire Rewards and resources that would permit them catching up to those that are the best. Why let the pool of those that are the best become stagnant, eh? They should have new blood incoming to keep them on their toes. Posted Image

While i agree that an additional, less hard challenge would not hurt anyone, i'm pretty sure that the 200mc and 2mil cbills will not help anyone becoming better at the game. Posted Image

View PostD V Devnull, on 04 October 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

Not 100% True, interestingly enough. If you can find where the Head Hitbox went to, you can still get one. You might feel horrible enough after to not want to Report them, though. :P

Yeah. I just can't remember that i ever guessed right where the hitbox could have went.

BTW, i usually don't report AFK mechs unless they announced going AFK in chat/voip or did something similar obvious. I usually assume that the player had a disconnect and that it's not his/her fault, and therefore no reason to report.

#51 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:02 PM

Tournament Supports get just bonus C-Bills?

#52 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:05 PM

Mech Packs at the online store are not showing the discounted pricing, just so you know.

#53 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:11 PM

View PostShanrak, on 04 October 2018 - 04:39 PM, said:

View PostSable Dove, on 04 October 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

Pretty sure yes (SSRMs might count too). Can't be your own either.

View PostCornvelious Daniel, on 04 October 2018 - 04:42 PM, said:

How does the tag damage challenge work? I can't seem to do more than 7 tag damage each map despite holding targets for a bunch of missiles hitting target? It feels like I am only getting credit for the number of times I tag a target, and not the resulting damage that is being done.

Okay, everyone... Here's some Quick Tips regarding the "Tag Damage" Action during a Match...
  • You must hold the TAG on the Target while the Damage is being done, preferably for as long as safely possible.
  • ANY Lock-On Missile Weapon works. You may use any mix of 'Streak SRM'/ATM/LRM that you wish.
  • MRM and Non-Locking SRMs do NOT count, and therefore can not help with this item.
  • Ballistics & Energy Weaponry also do NOT count, as far as I know. You won't find their Damage being part of that total either.
  • AMS will KILL your Lock-On Missiles, causing it to be really hard to get your "Tag Damage" total completed.
...and now I'll wish you all luck while people bring out their AMS barrage to block all your nice Missile Weaponry. :P

Also...

View PostDaggett, on 04 October 2018 - 04:48 PM, said:

While i agree that an additional, less hard challenge would not hurt anyone, i'm pretty sure that the 200mc and 2mil cbills will not help anyone becoming better at the game. Posted Image

Eh, you DO present an idea though. Maybe our friendly Matt Newman could squeeze in a 13th Challenge which asks for "350 Match Score in just 1 Match" and "a Solo Kill" for good frosting, and then slap a happy chunk of Rewards onto it? :)

~D. V. "Sadly, I must file 'Tag Damage' under 'Good Luck With That One'!" Devnull

[Edit by Post Author for an error with emoji.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 04 October 2018 - 05:12 PM.

#54 Sable Dove

• Knight Errant
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:14 PM

View PostDaggett, on 04 October 2018 - 04:48 PM, said:

Yeah. I just can't remember that i ever guessed right where the hitbox could have went.

It's the cockpit...???

Like, it's hard to find because hitboxes, and hard to hit because MWO hitboxes, but I've always had the head still be on the cockpit.

#55 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:22 PM

View PostSable Dove, on 04 October 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

It's the cockpit...???

Like, it's hard to find because hitboxes, and hard to hit because MWO hitboxes, but I've always had the head still be on the cockpit.

In general, yes. But as far as i know disconnected mechs seem to have their hitboxes displaced, the cockpit hitbox then is no longer where it is supposed to be.

#56 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:26 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 04 October 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

Headshot requirement reduced to 1

If I still preform 2 head shots can I get double the rewards?
Cause I'm all for hard challenges. I don't need anyone holding my hand.

Edited by BrunoSSace, 04 October 2018 - 05:29 PM.

#57 Sable Dove

• Knight Errant
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:31 PM

View PostDaggett, on 04 October 2018 - 05:22 PM, said:

In general, yes. But as far as i know disconnected mechs seem to have their hitboxes displaced, the cockpit hitbox then is no longer where it is supposed to be.

I mean, the Hunchback did used to have an invisible hitbox floating in the air to the right of its right arm that counted as left torso, so I can believe it.

#58 C64 Warrior

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:45 PM

none of the sales appear to be active in the store

#59 turdburglir

• PipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 23 posts
  • LocationBest Coast, USA

Posted 04 October 2018 - 06:26 PM

View PostC64 Warrior, on 04 October 2018 - 05:45 PM, said:

none of the sales appear to be active in the store

still not reflecting the sale as of 7:25PM PST. kinda bummed, was gonna fill out my origins IIC collection.

#60 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,811 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 06:27 PM

View PostIron Lemur, on 04 October 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

While I generally don't complain about event difficultly (which I tend to find a bit on the easy side).... 2 head shots? Seriously?

dropped to one but it only took 4 games in solaris div 1 with a quad ac10 anni.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users