29 replies to this topic

#21 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 05:27 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 09 October 2018 - 05:12 PM, said:

I seriously doubt their license to the IP allows them to create a whole new scenario/era.

they already did create their own era. look at faction play. theyre using civil war technology during the clan invasion era. and the clans win tukayyid every time.

#22 MadcatX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 06:16 PM

View PostBombast, on 09 October 2018 - 04:12 AM, said:

Second, I don't think even the Mechwarrior fanbase has enough blind, fat, indiscriminate whales to get to beyond Jihad.

I take offense to that. I'm not blind!

#23 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 09 October 2018 - 06:40 PM

View Postkuma8877, on 09 October 2018 - 02:52 PM, said:

If they are brave enough to pursue a platform change for MWO to Unreal, anything is possible. The talent pool (engineers) for that engine is much much larger than for Cryengine and it's also a platform designed to facilitate multiplayer games where CE is designed to facilitate single player experiences. Heck, they could pull talent from the now defunct Heavy Gear Arena game to get started (there was some good work done there).

thats Guys find better Companys for her talent and career ...its the sadly reality ...good Talents leaves PGI with her harsh uncreative Leading Dev Team thats loves to go false ways, and have nothing marketing and Quality Managment..see Glassdoor Career Portal and the comments to PGI and her Leading Devs...unrealistic Ideas and Timelines only one Problem from PGI

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 09 October 2018 - 06:41 PM.

#24 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,016 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:33 PM

OP I just want a fun game again

I would give all my hero mechs back if we could inject some fun into this game

#25 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 09:50 PM

View PostKhobai, on 09 October 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

they already did create their own era. look at faction play. theyre using civil war technology during the clan invasion era. and the clans win tukayyid every time.

I kind of wish they'd just go straight up alternate universe for super funsies.

#26 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:02 PM

Posted Image

#27 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 09 October 2018 - 11:36 PM

View PostKingCobra, on 09 October 2018 - 04:50 PM, said:

I'm not going to argue with you about what was possible with Cryengine go develop a game using the CryEngine SDK sandbox like I did and you will know what MWO could have been from the beginning with the $5 million USD startup money + the money they have made since. Here is a link watch https://www.cryengine.com/

And just for contrast, look at what's possible with Unreal4 engine 2018:

I hope they use that to it's full potential in MW5..

But that's not the point of this topic..

I was thinking, there is only so much of the BT universe and mechs to milk..

Going beyond, and creating their own things would be a good thing for PGI and the players, no?

PGI could finally come out from under the heel of cannon and us lore freaks, and we could all have something.. new.

#28 kuma8877

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 691 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:43 PM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 09 October 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

thats Guys find better Companys for her talent and career ...its the sadly reality ...good Talents leaves PGI with her harsh uncreative Leading Dev Team thats loves to go false ways, and have nothing marketing and Quality Managment..see Glassdoor Career Portal and the comments to PGI and her Leading Devs...unrealistic Ideas and Timelines only one Problem from PGI

All of the most negative reviews on GlassDoor were during the IGP era and the "great split". Most of the most recent are much more neutral (moving on in their career or some such) or have some positives to say amongst the less negative. It's not nearly as bad there as it used to be... they could easily attract talented individuals if MW5 does decent to good (it's a cool IP and mechs are coming back in style). And there's a lot more people to choose from on the Unreal side of the industry.

Edited by kuma8877, 11 October 2018 - 03:45 PM.

#29 Wil McCullough

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:18 AM

View Postkuma8877, on 11 October 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

All of the most negative reviews on GlassDoor were during the IGP era and the "great split". Most of the most recent are much more neutral (moving on in their career or some such) or have some positives to say amongst the less negative. It's not nearly as bad there as it used to be... they could easily attract talented individuals if MW5 does decent to good (it's a cool IP and mechs are coming back in style). And there's a lot more people to choose from on the Unreal side of the industry.

The recent positive reviews sound like shills tbh. I mean, would you take the time to leave a glassdoor review saying your "hard work does not go unnoticed" with a con of "there's ot"?

Sounds like dream game industry job and there must be hundreds of developers knocking on the door for a position. Considering they can't even attract a coder to work on ammo switching for YEARS because the previous coder left, i highly doubt the reviews. Also, most people who leave reviews tend to be upset. Your workplace environment has to be ridicuously, deliriously amazing for employees to be impressed enough that they take the time to write a glowing review about how awesome you are.

#30 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:36 AM

In the moment PGI search software engineers -audio and ...gameplay programmers...last the basic staff to make a game and she must search thats guys ?which guys make MW5?guys with cryengine experience search PGI short before they says MW 5 comes...thats looks like ...we not found enough guys for the cryengine now we make a unreal 4 game and hopes to find more programmers for it..and a big wave of leading teammates leaves PGI after the transverse Disaster.

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 12 October 2018 - 03:50 AM.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users