Are The Weight Valves Permamently Disabled?

24 replies to this topic

#1 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 09 October 2018 - 01:54 PM

Posted Image

Look at this, late afternoon in North America and team blue exceeds the normal number of assaults by 100%.

Question one: Is NA primetime now suffering population problems?

Question two: why did the matchmaker not distribute those assaults in a more equal fashion. Everyday the ratio of tier 1 to lesser tiers increases(supposedly) so that all else being equal weight should become a more important sorting criteria. Yet in my screenshot team blue has more assaults than team red.

Should I post Jarl values to test the theory that there was a tier gap that overrode the weight disparity?

I cropped the image, the server was European so anyone with a ping under a hundred is most likely of that region.

Edited by Spheroid, 09 October 2018 - 02:09 PM.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 09 October 2018 - 02:00 PM

Both teams in this screenshot do have the same number of assaults.

Red: Banshee, Snova, MC2 x2, Anni, Fapnir

Blue: MC2, King Crap x2, Mauler, Anni, Fapnir

#3 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 02:06 PM

Those teams are very well balanced weight-class-wise.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,759 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 09 October 2018 - 02:17 PM

Did the team get caught in the valley, losing high ground, nascar without reason?

#5 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 02:29 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 09 October 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

Look at this, late afternoon in North America and team blue exceeds the normal number of assaults by 100%.

Question one: Is NA primetime now suffering population problems?

Question two: why did the matchmaker not distribute those assaults in a more equal fashion. Everyday the ratio of tier 1 to lesser tiers increases(supposedly) so that all else being equal weight should become a more important sorting criteria. Yet in my screenshot team blue has more assaults than team red.

Should I post Jarl values to test the theory that there was a tier gap that overrode the weight disparity?

I cropped the image, the server was European so anyone with a ping under a hundred is most likely of that region.

1. It has always happened pretty frequently where one weight class over represents on a team. Just depends on what people are playing when they queue up.

2. Both teams have equal number of assaults, heavies, mediums, and lights.

#6 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 03:21 PM

I had a match this week where we had one assault... and the red team had three.

#7 Garrek316

• Pip
  • General
  • General
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 04:00 PM

View PostKubernetes, on 09 October 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

I had a match this week where we had one assault... and the red team had three.

I take a wild guess here and say you played group queue.
And if not I would really like to see a screenshot of something like this happening in solo queue, because that shouldn't be possible.

#8 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 09:39 PM

A few months back they removes the 3/3/3/3 matchmaking completely. Now the matchmaker tries to put the same number of each weight on each team (in addition to tier balancing). If there is an uneven number number of a weight class queuing you could see two teams not matching up perfectly. For example if there is 5 assaults queued then you could see 2 on one side and 3 on another. However if there is an even number then the distribution will be even as well (12 assaults queued means 6 on each side).

If you have screenshots proving otherwise then there is possibly a bug and PGI needs to be made aware of it.

#9 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:05 AM

View PostForceUser, on 09 October 2018 - 09:39 PM, said:

A few months back they removes the 3/3/3/3 matchmaking completely. Now the matchmaker tries to put the same number of each weight on each team (in addition to tier balancing). If there is an uneven number number of a weight class queuing you could see two teams not matching up perfectly. For example if there is 5 assaults queued then you could see 2 on one side and 3 on another. However if there is an even number then the distribution will be even as well (12 assaults queued means 6 on each side).

If you have screenshots proving otherwise then there is possibly a bug and PGI needs to be made aware of it.

Solo queue still always matches weight classes 1:1. I have never seen a screenshot show otherwise.

#10 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:57 AM

Yea, its always equal weight classes. Which is a decent way to do it, but that does lead to things like a PPC Awesome on one side, while the other got a Deathstrike or something. Not all assaults are equal. But since that would be hard to balance for, it is what it is.

#11 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:39 AM

Also there is an event going and some people are trying to get parts of the event done via the most damage output possible, yet still sucking at it.

#12 warner2

• 1,101 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:02 AM

Epic failure to look at own screenshot

#13 Rafe Yomin

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:54 AM

View PostJman5, on 10 October 2018 - 03:05 AM, said:

Solo queue still always matches weight classes 1:1. I have never seen a screenshot show otherwise.

He's not saying that. He's saying that the weight restrictions have been lifted. In the past the matchmaker tried to get 3/3/3/3, and if it really found noone after a good while, it lifted those restrictions. Now that restriction gets lifted a lot sooner, or isn't even in play anymore, leading to more matches with still 1:1 weight class ratios, but with 6/4/1/1 of the weight classes. That was the change a few patches ago. ;)

#14 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:02 AM

View PostRafe Yomin, on 10 October 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

He's not saying that. He's saying that the weight restrictions have been lifted. In the past the matchmaker tried to get 3/3/3/3, and if it really found noone after a good while, it lifted those restrictions. Now that restriction gets lifted a lot sooner, or isn't even in play anymore, leading to more matches with still 1:1 weight class ratios, but with 6/4/1/1 of the weight classes. That was the change a few patches ago. Posted Image

You are right, but Jman was talking about me saying same weight class being off by one on one side in the same match being incorrect. I never really paid that much attention to it (never had a reason to since teams seemed equal whenever I checked) so I'll take his word for it unless I see something different :)

#15 Throe

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:32 AM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 09 November 2018 - 11:31 AM.

#16 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:17 PM

View PostGarrek316, on 09 October 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

I take a wild guess here and say you played group queue.
And if not I would really like to see a screenshot of something like this happening in solo queue, because that shouldn't be possible.

Nope, I only do SQ for QP. No screen shot, but I have no reason to lie.

#17 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:43 PM

View PostRafe Yomin, on 10 October 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

That was the change a few patches ago. Posted Image

IIRC, they don't have to patch to change that since it's a back-end thing.

#18 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:15 PM

View PostKubernetes, on 10 October 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

Nope, I only do SQ for QP. No screen shot, but I have no reason to lie.

not a case of lying, just misremembering. screenshots will help you remember and wil help pgi fix it if its a bug since they need the exact game to check and see why it broke.

#19 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:23 PM

At the peak of the KDK-3 literally half the match was in assaults. Just a google search shows a match where blue team had 7.Posted Image

#20 Stonefalcon

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,374 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:28 PM

There's only 20t difference between the two teams. I would put this victory down to agility. Blue team had a lot of slow assaults without JJs whereas reds had multiple with JJs. You just got caught with your pants down and smashed.

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users