Are The Weight Valves Permamently Disabled?

24 replies to this topic

#21 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:51 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 09 October 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

Posted Image

Look at this, late afternoon in North America and team blue exceeds the normal number of assaults by 100%.

Question one: Is NA primetime now suffering population problems?

THERE HAS NEVER....EVER......EVER.... BEEN ANY SORT OF TONNAGE MATCHING in the quick play solo queue. It matches tiers of players per side, and weight CLASSES of mechs per side. That is all it has ever done. In the example image you provided, its working exactly as intended... each team got exactly the same classes of mechs... alpha lance had a pair each of lights and mediums, bravo got a pair each of heavies and assaults, and charlie lance was all assaults.

View PostEisenhorne, on 10 October 2018 - 05:57 AM, said:

Yea, its always equal weight classes. Which is a decent way to do it, but that does lead to things like a PPC Awesome on one side, while the other got a Deathstrike or something. Not all assaults are equal. But since that would be hard to balance for, it is what it is.

I'd rather a PPC awesome actually 500 meters from the enemy over a LRM Mean Baby sitting 1000m away in the back.

#22 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:54 PM

View PostFupDup, on 09 October 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

Both teams in this screenshot do have the same number of assaults.

Red: Banshee, Snova, MC2 x2, Anni, Fapnir

Blue: MC2, King Crap x2, Mauler, Anni, Fapnir

Thankfully we can end discussion easily after first post because OP can't count...

And yes tonnage window is out the door. PGI clearly stated this months ago with MM changes. I've seen as man as 8 assaults either side.

And as for GroupQ screenshots - they don't count.

#23 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:56 PM

View PostMoldur, on 10 October 2018 - 11:23 PM, said:

At the peak of the KDK-3 literally half the match was in assaults. Just a google search shows a match where blue team had 7.Posted Image

And that's a screenshot of group queue, which uses a different matchmaker formula than solo queue.

#24 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:05 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 10 October 2018 - 11:54 PM, said:

Thankfully we can end discussion easily after first post because OP can't count...

And yes tonnage window is out the door. PGI clearly stated this months ago with MM changes. I've seen as man as 8 assaults either side.

I have a end match screencap from october 2016, and while both alpha lances were 120 tons, the bravos were 245 blue vs 240 red and charlie were 360 blue vs 345 red. So...not sure when you're remembering from... but i'd consider 2 years as more than just "months" ago.

#25 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:18 AM

Paul's match maker update which threw the 3/3/3/3 out the window.

It can now be 1/4/4/3 for all it matters, long as it's 12 mechs the match maker WILL balance weight classes.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users