Hot-Fix Scheduled For 16-Oct-2018

48 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 12:53 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,

A Hot-Fix is scheduled to occur today, October 16th at 3:00PM PST (22:00 UTC), to address the following fixes:

- Fixing performance issues caused by Missile weapons.
- Fixing an issue where the default camo pattern of the Champion chassis 'Mechs have only one color channel functional.
-Fixing an issue where users may crash when leaving a group or social window.

If you patch up and log into the Game Client any time from after the patch today(16th) until tomorrow(17th) at 5PM PDT (0:00 UTC), you will receive 1 Day of active Premium Time. (injected at 5 PM tomorrow)

Verson: v1.4.186.0
Size: 8MB

#2 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 12:57 PM

Main page shows comments - -1

#3 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 16 October 2018 - 12:57 PM

Keep the Awesome heavy PPC bug. Three of them are Awesome on the Awesome that is anything but a barn door.

#4 Hellfire666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 12:59 PM

Here I was thinking this was another hidden mechanic to nerf high alphas!

High alpha burns don't do any good when your frame rate is so low you can't keep it on target! Genius really!

#5 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 01:01 PM

This patch is the best lately. I really like the new heating system.

#6 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 October 2018 - 01:05 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 16 October 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

-Fixing an issue where users may crash when leaving a group or social window.

After 2 months this is finally being fixed? Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder when all the other bugs are getting fixed though. Posted Image

#7 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 690 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 16 October 2018 - 01:14 PM

I like these quirks Posted Image - https://imgur.com/a/ypLYJCt

Edited by -Ramrod-, 16 October 2018 - 01:14 PM.

#8 BARRY SHlTPEAS

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 80 posts
  • LocationBrown Sea Buccaneer

Posted 16 October 2018 - 01:24 PM

Thanks for fixing these bugs. My preference obviously would have been for them not to be there in the first place, and I'm still dubious about releasing an overhaul to the heat system with some of the operations skill tree not behaving as intended. Not to mention flamers and stealth armor "under the microscope" which I suspect is newspeak for "we don't really know how this is going to pan out".

However, I'm not a game developer so I doubt I could do much better, and the Champion looks pimp as ****, so GG?

Also have you noticed a bug in the UI in game? It relates to the chassis you are piloting when spectating after your death. I watched someone earlier in a "UrbanMech Marauder MAD-IIC-B" I assume this isn't a new feature that allows Urbie pilots to strap an assault 'mech to their backs.

Edited by Verticorda, 16 October 2018 - 01:30 PM.

#9 Daurock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 16 October 2018 - 01:31 PM

View PostVerticorda, on 16 October 2018 - 01:24 PM, said:

... Such as flamers and stealth armor "under the microscope" which I suspect is newspeak for "we don't really know how this is going to pan out".

On the PTS servers, those weapons and equipment were pretty much unicorn status. Tack on a healthy dose of "PTS servers aren't entirely indicitave of live servers" and I think it's reasonable that a few peices of niche equipment won't be well understood until after the global changes go live.

Hell, you could take that a lot further, and ask whether the global change is a boon more to bralwers, who can make more dps out of the heat changes, or the laser mechs, which gain a larger amount of dissipation, both raw and percentage wise.

One way or another, this patch is gonna usher in a new meta, IMO.

#10 Gen Lee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 232 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 01:39 PM

View PostBarkem Squirrel, on 16 October 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

Keep the Awesome heavy PPC bug. Three of them are Awesome on the Awesome that is anything but a barn door.

That isn't a bug. That's a new quirk, called HSL increase or whatever (Heat Scale Limit). Should be called Ghost Heat Limit (GHL). They are bringing out some new quirks for mechs that desperately need some love, such as the Awesome. Only problem is, we're hearing that it only affects PPCs for the Awesome 8Q...which means the quirk won't work for other PPC types. I would rather the quick work for all of them, kinda like how the Awesome 8Q's PPC quirks have been beneficial for all PPC types. At least, we've been told it will only work for regular PPCs.

Edited by Gen Lee, 16 October 2018 - 01:42 PM.

#11 Kyoptik

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 01:43 PM

Yeah until the missile issue is fixed games where anyone fires an LRM boat are utterly unplayable on low to mid range computers...

At least it should be solved quickly, but a shame this wasn't caught onto beforehand, PGI...

#12 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 October 2018 - 01:45 PM

already wondered why my victor-9S didnt overheat anymore.... lol. cheers guys. love it

#13 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 02:11 PM

If you've logged in today from after the patch until tomorrow at 5PM PDT (0:00 UTC), you will receive 1 Day of active Premium Time.

#14 CanadianCyrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 275 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 02:12 PM

Maintenance mode! It's coming!

Edited by Funzo, 16 October 2018 - 02:13 PM.

#15 Gurney Hallack

Rookie

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHot Springs, AR (U.S.A.)

Posted 16 October 2018 - 02:21 PM

Not Cool to me.. Thought there would be only 1 Down time today. Now Suddenly BOOM... Another?!?! NOT happy right now... Got on got the first patch done (Only took maybe 15 min) Then go to play, login... BOOM... Servers Down for Maintenance (AGAIN). Way to KILL my Won Premium Time PGI... Posted Image I want back in my mechs!

#16 NUMBERZero1032

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 148 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 16 October 2018 - 02:24 PM

HSL = Heavy Small Laser
Please find new acronym. Ghost Heat Limit please.

#17 UPnADAM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 381 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 02:29 PM

View PostGurney Hallack, on 16 October 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

Not Cool to me.. Thought there would be only 1 Down time today. Now Suddenly BOOM... Another?!?! NOT happy right now... Got on got the first patch done (Only took maybe 15 min) Then go to play, login... BOOM... Servers Down for Maintenance (AGAIN). Way to KILL my Won Premium Time PGI... Posted Image I want back in my mechs!

THey are giving you a free day calm your ****

#18 Sengir79

Rookie

• The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 02:29 PM

View PostGurney Hallack, on 16 October 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

They said everyone who logged in will be receiving a day of premium time to make up for it, so slow your roll

#19 TheFallOfTheReaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 339 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 02:30 PM

Clear comms for patch day, clear comms

#20 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 03:36 PM

Good thing this was quick-fixed, now FPS are back to normal, which makes the game playable again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users