Solaris 7 Season 3 And Champion Mech Challenge Events

62 replies to this topic

#21 Be my Guest

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:10 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 16 October 2018 - 07:46 PM, said:

Honestly, what would fix Solaris is removing the map chooser and making it random. the guys that basically destroy people's will to play it always force the maps into ones they KNOW their mech is good on, and never using the rest. that or make it that you CAN'T block a specific map if you have 3 times, so it HAS to be a choice later, ie making those 8 LB5 Dire whales have to do Ishiyama instead of always going for Borean, Coliseum or The Jungle, which'd actually give literally ANYONE else a chance in hell of doing Division 1 matches in something different (that or completely **** their accolades for the match because, frankly, their playstyle is boring as hell to the crowd)

Exactly what I think. I dont understand why it is so difficult to realize, that 3 Maps are mid to long range and only 1 and a half maps are for brawling. As long as you can choose the maps in the current way a player has always the possiblity to end up in a mid to longrrange map. Therefore all brawling builds are useless.

Also in Solaris the stupidness of the skilltree is evident. A pilot of a fully skilled Mech musst be very bad, to not beat a pilot of a unskilled Mech of the same Variant. IMO in the current state the outcome of a Solaris match is at least 80% determined by other factors than the pilotskill.

Edited by Be my Guest, 17 October 2018 - 05:58 AM.

#22 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:36 AM

View PostJep Jorgensson, on 16 October 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

And PGI says cheating, hacking and fraud never happens. Yeah right!

Yesterday, in the crunch to get 25 done in division 2 before the patch, I encountered the same player twice...when dropping in a queue of 3 players... both times he raced thru map eliminations, then upon startup says "I have to go now, enjoy the kill" and let's me march over to kill him. Now once...sure.. its a fluke to get a player who legitimately has to leave...maybe the boss calls you to a meeting...you realize you're about to miss the bus, the baby grabs your whiskey, the dog comes in chewing on a bee, etc... but then a second time... thats not a fluke...that's two accounts trying to sync drop so one can win and one can lose. Because even the loser can at least get something after 25. I also encountered someone who had like 60 ish wins and 300+ losses... same division... now you only NEED 25... and really if you're losing THAT often chances are you're not going to be even the top 500 to get a warhorn...so why keep playing that division... unless....its your account's job to lose to certain players and the only time they'll fight and possibly win is if they didn't sync drop correctly.

#23 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:43 AM

View PostBumbaCLot, on 16 October 2018 - 08:12 PM, said:

Just FYI, less than 2-300 people finished the 25 games last season in some divisions.
I did all 7 in about 16 hours or less (175+) and had 1 division top 500, 4 under 2500, and 2 in the 4000s, and I was rewarded with top 500 in every division. So I assume anyone who finshed 25 matches got top 500 rewards and to me that meant 445k GXP skill points, enough to level 6.25 mechs fully.
Now I could wait until this event ends, see what the new meta emerges, and skill 7 mechs to do it again, or I could use it for the faction play mechs I won't use in Quick Play (ERLL type mechs, etc).
So all I have to say further is check the archived leaderboards to see how few people finished 25 matches and if you can stomach it, it may be worth your while in 3 months.

Between two accounts...one top 100, 11 top 500s. Of course I only bothered to look at what the division reassignments were going to be just before the patch hour came up, so several mechs i did well with in certain divisions... have now been bumped up to a higher one. where they're not going to do as well as what's already in those divisions. So now I have solaris specific builds that I won't need unless they get moved to a different division again next season. I have taken at least to saving the skill node patterns for certain mechs that i only reconfigured to hit the 25 and otherwise won't waste the bays on to keep dedicated solaris mechs.

#24 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:15 AM

2 minutes wait time is so stupid. I can't believe someone thought it's ok to make players wait for that long to play ONE lousy game.

#25 anfadern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:25 AM

I like Solaris 7 game mode.
Wish more casual players would drop though.
Posted Image

#26 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:01 AM

View PostLaser Kiwi, on 16 October 2018 - 09:54 PM, said:

This game does not lend itself to the 1 v 1 format, in fact no FPS games really excel at that. The only thing i'm interested in is to see the effect the slight annihilator armour reduction has on T1 games, other than that I'd rather go to work and use the money to buy MC.

Also a the start of the event, i'll fight some elite guy who will tear me to pieces, the next fight will be someone new who will claim i'm cheating as i callously dismember their mech and wonder why they can't shoot, its not an entirely enjoyable experience either way.

the effect IMO is that the ANH-1A has it's time to shine. It's the only one left with decent armor, and if you take 4x AC10, you can stagger fire them 2x2 and do better DPS than 6x AC2 on the ANH-2A.

#27 Rotteck Koempel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 282 posts
  • LocationRamboTier

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:26 AM

Solaris????

NEVER!!!!!

#28 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:28 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 17 October 2018 - 04:15 AM, said:

2 minutes wait time is so stupid. I can't believe someone thought it's ok to make players wait for that long to play ONE lousy game.

It's ok, you can post this on the forum every time you have to wait. Kids these days. I used to have to wait 5 minutes to make a move in Civ. May still have to, but I don't play the most civs on huge maps anymore or at all.

#29 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:00 AM

I am actually having a lot of fun in Div 4 so far, now that the JM6-DD isn't in there anymore I've seen a huge variety of mechs come up. My Zeus has done quite well so far this season, though I've had a few close matches against assassins, banshees, other zeuses, and even a hellbringer once (didn't respect the guy enough so I didn't bother twisting, my mistake!).

22-3 right now, with the 3 losses being Lurm God, who is pretty good. I think I'm 2-3 with him this season.

#30 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:21 AM

View PostGartenlaube, on 16 October 2018 - 10:30 PM, said:

Is it still broken that even with a win but against a really really low ranked player you LOOSE elo? Elo never should work like that.

I was told since you don't gain anything you are just seeing the loss you had the match before.

#31 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:06 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 17 October 2018 - 07:00 AM, said:

I am actually having a lot of fun in Div 4 so far, now that the JM6-DD isn't in there anymore I've seen a huge variety of mechs come up. My Zeus has done quite well so far this season, though I've had a few close matches against assassins, banshees, other zeuses, and even a hellbringer once (didn't respect the guy enough so I didn't bother twisting, my mistake!).

22-3 right now, with the 3 losses being Lurm God, who is pretty good. I think I'm 2-3 with him this season.

I did well with my Zeuses in Div 4 last season... the flaw with those turret jagers is that most players are going five or six autocannons.. and to do that, and have enough ammo to kill a div 4 mech...requires an XL (6 guns) or LFE (5 guns). So... you simply shoulder check it. Very often I killed them that way, if not I just maneuvered enough that they ran their ammo bins dry trying to hit me, and then I just farmed them for 700+ damage blowing off 1 shoulder, most of the ct, most of the head, a leg, both arms, and usually i'd try to collision kick the balls for the last point. Bumping them up to Div 3 means now they have to face REAL assault mechs... IS Highlanders have armor quirks out their ying yang, and are more agile than most heavies.

Edited by Dee Eight, 17 October 2018 - 08:07 AM.

#32 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:08 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 17 October 2018 - 08:06 AM, said:

I did well with my Zeuses in Div 4 last season... the flaw with those turret jagers is that most players are going five or six autocannons.. and to do that, and have enough ammo to kill a div 4 mech...requires an XL (6 guns) or LFE (5 guns). So... you simply shoulder check it. Very often I killed them that way, if not I just maneuvered enough that they ran their ammo bins dry trying to hit me, and then I just farmed them for 700+ damage blowing off 1 shoulder, most of the ct, most of the head, a leg, both arms, and usually i'd try to collision kick the balls for the last point.

I ran a Jagermech in Div4 last season (can't beat em, join em) with 6 AC2 and LFE, and had enough ammo to kill anything I ran into, as long as I placed my shots carefully. I just went 40 KPH.

#33 Mafarrico

• PipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:19 AM

View PostSkull Rucker, on 16 October 2018 - 05:54 PM, said:

I enjoy Solaris.

I Would like to see an LFG for Solaris 2v2s, a single bucket, with division assignments derived from a dynamic “battle value” based on chassis + loadout.

And more skill point or gxp in rewards.

There should be auto team matching on 2 vs 2.

#34 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 10:56 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 17 October 2018 - 06:01 AM, said:

the effect IMO is that the ANH-1A has it's time to shine. It's the only one left with decent armor, and if you take 4x AC10, you can stagger fire them 2x2 and do better DPS than 6x AC2 on the ANH-2A.

I take 2 ac10's and 2 lbx's they naturally stagger on the anh anyway, just hold down the trigger, also the second ac10 volley fires a few milliseconds before the 2 lbx volley due to quirks so theoretically you increase your chance of a crit sans breach. Div one though i'm 2-0-1 in a IVIV, though after 20 matches in various divisions i was literally pining for some terrible team play in the solo queue. having said that i think i'll give it a crack and maybe i'll grow to enjoy it more.

#35 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:40 PM

View PostMafarrico, on 17 October 2018 - 09:19 AM, said:

There should be auto team matching on 2 vs 2.

That's an awful idea. It's a competitive mode. Use LFG if you don't have any friends or use faction chat. Same to the other guy who said something similar. Here's an idea, why don't you two become friends?

View PostJonathan8883, on 16 October 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

Did they fix 2v2 where you don't have to use the never-used "friends" function to find games?

Did they fix it so you can get in multiple queues at once instead of having a bunch of empty queues and having to guess which ones will have someone show up?

Nope? Oh well. Pass.

Bumped so you can make a friend.

#36 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:46 PM

View PostJep Jorgensson, on 16 October 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

And PGI says cheating, hacking and fraud never happens. Yeah right!

I know the UI stinks, but did you know you can go to the right panel that is minimized, go to the bottom, and observe games? If you and D V Null are convinced a substantial amount of players are cheating why not go record them?
Or is it the fact that you aren't a top player that losses hurt your ego too much? I know why I lost most of my matches last season, and I played anyway. Because I was there to get rewards, and boy did I get a lot of them.
And if I want to play competitively this season, I know how to now, as I learned a bit from playing and watching others.
Or I could just sit back and claim hacks and think I was the best without anything to back it up.
It's always players who aren't comp level claiming hacks. Don't you think the best players and the active ones are most likely to know who is cheating and who isn't?

#37 Mafarrico

• PipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:26 PM

View PostBumbaCLot, on 17 October 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

That's an awful idea. It's a competitive mode. Use LFG if you don't have any friends or use faction chat. Same to the other guy who said something similar. Here's an idea, why don't you two become friends?

Bumped so you can make a friend.
I
I have no idea why you got triggered, I said nothing about removing the the current group option, just adding another...

#38 MavadoG

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 21 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:42 PM

*spoiler, reoccurring complaint* I really want to like the Solaris game mode.... but I spend more time waiting in queues and loading screens than playing.... maybe a good time to take a break from MWO for a bit (rather than play every day like I usually would) *shrugs*

#39 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:56 PM

View PostBumbaCLot, on 17 October 2018 - 01:46 PM, said:

I know the UI stinks, but did you know you can go to the right panel that is minimized, go to the bottom, and observe games? If you and D V Null are convinced a substantial amount of players are cheating why not go record them?
Or is it the fact that you aren't a top player that losses hurt your ego too much? I know why I lost most of my matches last season, and I played anyway. Because I was there to get rewards, and boy did I get a lot of them.
And if I want to play competitively this season, I know how to now, as I learned a bit from playing and watching others.
Or I could just sit back and claim hacks and think I was the best without anything to back it up.
It's always players who aren't comp level claiming hacks. Don't you think the best players and the active ones are most likely to know who is cheating and who isn't?

You misunderstand, he isn't claiming hacks, hes claiming that people are gaming the system by organizing wins and losses in a beneficial manner, nothing to do with good players and whether they hack or not. Also plenty of players have gone a long time in this game getting good scores before getting the cheat ban so the answer to your last question is "no"

#40 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 11:19 PM

Completed the (solo part of the )event in less than 20 minutes . But since the solaris ranking / ELO is still dumb / unchanged as seen in that picture , I wont be participating this season . I didnt sync or do any funny business in it , that score is from normal solaris play , fighting against most of the guys from that frist page .

1v1s should be more rewarding than they are atm . I know PGI is looking at "time invested" . Solaris outside of the events can take much more time to find an opponent than just doing quick play. Therfore I do believe that rewards should be increased . And instead of being gifted random RNG supply caches , can we instead work towards a bolt on of our choice or something along those lines. Hell , it doesnt have to be a bolt on , it could be a fully equiped solaris mech , or something .... Either way , as someone who likes 1v1s Solaris feels very underwhelming atm .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users