Quickdraw Spectator Bug

quickdraw spectator name

3 replies to this topic

#1 Gristle Missile

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 275 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:17 PM

I don't know if this is just with the IV4 or all variants, but once you die and spectate other mechs, it shows the name of the mech as "Quickdraw" then the proper variant ex: Quickdraw - 0000

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 18 October 2018 - 07:00 AM

View PostGristle Missile, on 17 October 2018 - 07:17 PM, said:

I don't know if this is just with the IV4 or all variants, but once you die and spectate other mechs, it shows the name of the mech as "Quickdraw" then the proper variant ex: Quickdraw - 0000

It seems that improper mech name display when spectating is a new bug for this patch. However, it's not an Academy bug, so this kinda shouldn't be posted in this subforum. This should have been in the Patch Feedback subforum.

#3 Gristle Missile

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 275 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 04:31 PM

my bad - I ctrl+f-ed bug and go here

#4 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 18 October 2018 - 04:45 PM

View PostGristle Missile, on 18 October 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

my bad - I ctrl+f-ed bug and go here

More people do that than I care to count. It's because it says "bug reports" here, so when you are looking/focusing on that, you tend to not see the "academy" portion.

Get it all the time at work. My credit machine says "Do not remove card" and then "remove card", and so many people see "Remove card" in the first step before they see the "do not" portion... and then we have to start all over again.

It's a matter of too similar of words/phrases/sentences being used too close together.
(Hint: There is a reason I brought it up as a polite reminder, rather than a reprimand. Was just trying to nicely point it out is all.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users