Trick Or Treat 4: Update! Phase 2 An Additional 24 Hours Starts Soon!

126 replies to this topic

#41 Doktorbike

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 21 October 2018 - 04:54 AM

View PostBrunoSSace, on 19 October 2018 - 11:23 PM, said:

Loot bags are my favorite events. Will be completing all of these bags. Would like to open some supply crates if you have any of them to give out pgi?

The supply cache's are free to open, you earn various amounts towards getting one depending on how well you play, you always get something towards the cache win or loose. There is a bar at the top center of the in game home screen that shows how far along you are.
This was changed a few patches back. You no longer need to be the one selected or need a key to open them. You also now win everything contained inside the cache when you get one. If you haven't received any yet then you need to play some more & that's it.

#42 Password1234

• PipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 05:56 AM

View PostL1NuXN3rd, on 20 October 2018 - 02:43 AM, said:

With the Mech Customization sale this is awesome!

On a side note: the unlock for the Sherman pattern one shot is not a discount but an INCREASE! LOL! Went from 75 to 1250!

Most likely you have the one shot camo for that pattern and the higher price is the "upgrade" to the chassis pattern

#43 Greers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 October 2018 - 06:53 AM

Looks like I don't really understand the event. It states:
  • Earn 1 Loot bag for every 50 Match score (up to 25)
  • Earn 1 loot bag per 100 Match score (up to 100)
I had a match score of 347 and got 1 bag. Why? Do I only get 1 per match as long as I'm above 50 (for the first 25 matches) or 100 (for the following 75) match score? And can I earn only 100 bags in pahse 1 and 100 in phase 2?

Sorry, it's my first Halloween event and I'm confused by the description.

#44 Forgeling

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 07:17 AM

Which prize mech sells for the most cbills if i don't want to keep it?

#45 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:03 AM

View PostGreers, on 21 October 2018 - 06:53 AM, said:

Looks like I don't really understand the event. It states:
  • Earn 1 Loot bag for every 50 Match score (up to 25)
  • Earn 1 loot bag per 100 Match score (up to 100)
I had a match score of 347 and got 1 bag. Why? Do I only get 1 per match as long as I'm above 50 (for the first 25 matches) or 100 (for the following 75) match score? And can I earn only 100 bags in pahse 1 and 100 in phase 2?

The 50 MS bags are limited to 25 total. After you earn all of those you will only earn bags for breaking 100 MS.
If you normally break 100 MS, then your first 25 matches you'll earn one bag for breaking 50 MS and one for breaking 100 MS.
You can earn a total of 125 bags per phase. Since both overlap, you can wait with grinding the bags till phase 2 starts.

View PostForgeling, on 21 October 2018 - 07:17 AM, said:

Which prize mech sells for the most cbills if i don't want to keep it?

Check their C-bill price in store, divide by 2

Edited by Horseman, 21 October 2018 - 08:04 AM.

#46 Forgeling

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:13 AM

View PostHorseman, on 21 October 2018 - 08:03 AM, said:

That's not consistant, though. the sell price for several mechs is not proprtionate to their purchase price.

#47 Greers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:15 AM

View PostHorseman, on 21 October 2018 - 08:03 AM, said:

The 50 MS bags are limited to 25 total. After you earn all of those you will only earn bags for breaking 100 MS.
If you normally break 100 MS, then your first 25 matches you'll earn one bag for breaking 50 MS and one for breaking 100 MS.
You can earn a total of 125 bags per phase. Since both overlap, you can wait with grinding the bags till phase 2 starts.

Thank you. I can't remember any match where I got less than a 50 score, though :)

#48 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,591 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:38 AM

View PostDarkFhoenix, on 20 October 2018 - 02:30 AM, said:

Only two mech prizes ? That would kinda kill the mood if someone already owned both ? I wonder if they are the least popular variants to minimize that .

better then nothing or?

#49 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:58 AM

View PostForgeling, on 21 October 2018 - 08:13 AM, said:

That's not consistant, though. the sell price for several mechs is not proprtionate to their purchase price.

Can you give an example? You obviously have to count the engine and weapons loadout, and of course you lose any personal upgrades like FF and Endo.

#50 Igor Mortice

Rookie

• The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 5 posts
  • LocationFort Worth Texas

Posted 21 October 2018 - 02:21 PM

Can't wait to get some loot bags!

#51 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 03:02 PM

I'm not "looking a gift horse in the mouth", but, I notice the Arctic Wolf variant has ECM, but the Hell Spawn variant does not.
Is this normal?

And to be very clear about this (just like Nixon), thanks for the event and prizes.

Peace

EDIT: After closer review, I discovered the HS has jump jets, but the AW does not.
I'm unsure if that is a fair trade off of equipment , but I can understand certain pilots preferring JJ vs ECM.
The larger issue is the sustained DPS of these two mechs.
Based upon a few test builds in Smurfy (thank you Smurfy), The AW has essentially double the sustained DPS when they are equipped with their maximum damage output weapons.
On top of that with these load outs, the AW is aprox 20KPH faster.

I guess my question to other players is, why did PGI select these two specific chassis since the AW is the hands down better value?
Are they intentionally trying to increase the use of Clan tech, or is it more simple than that?
For example: Two things you might see on Halloween: 1. some Hell Spawn or 2. a pack of Arctic Wolf's, otherwise known as a Werewolf in a parka)
*** Really sorry about that one - just trying to figure out why these two dissimilar chassis.

Edited by Peace2U, 21 October 2018 - 05:47 PM.

#52 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:03 PM

@Matt, thanks for making the daily ones run over two days. I hope this will be the future format, it just works really well for all the time zones.
Great event. Keep it up.

#53 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 22 October 2018 - 12:04 AM

Overall this is a nice event time tempting me to spend more time that I actual have for MWO.

#54 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 12:41 AM

View PostPeace2U, on 21 October 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

I'm not "looking a gift horse in the mouth", but, I notice the Arctic Wolf variant has ECM, but the Hell Spawn variant does not.
Is this normal?

And to be very clear about this (just like Nixon), thanks for the event and prizes.

Peace

EDIT: After closer review, I discovered the HS has jump jets, but the AW does not.
I'm unsure if that is a fair trade off of equipment , but I can understand certain pilots preferring JJ vs ECM.
The larger issue is the sustained DPS of these two mechs.
Based upon a few test builds in Smurfy (thank you Smurfy), The AW has essentially double the sustained DPS when they are equipped with their maximum damage output weapons.
On top of that with these load outs, the AW is aprox 20KPH faster.

I guess my question to other players is, why did PGI select these two specific chassis since the AW is the hands down better value?
Are they intentionally trying to increase the use of Clan tech, or is it more simple than that?
For example: Two things you might see on Halloween: 1. some Hell Spawn or 2. a pack of Arctic Wolf's, otherwise known as a Werewolf in a parka)
*** Really sorry about that one - just trying to figure out why these two dissimilar chassis.

The most simple answer to that is , some folk prefer IS mechs and some folk like Clan mechs . Yes clan mechs in the same weight are more expensive but that only means something if you wanted to sell your prize . A player who only collects IS mechs won't care about the value or quality compared to its clan prize counterpart . I FP mainly clan jade falcon and this account is a clan account with 77 clan mechs and 3 IS mechs for those annoying cross faction events . Even if the IS mech prize was a fafnir , I would have still chosen the Arctic wolf

I think this is the first event where you get to choose only from two mechs. Usually it's either more choices or one choice . It's also no big deal if you miss out , you can easily buy your own with your loot bag winnings .

Edited by DarkFhoenix, 22 October 2018 - 12:48 AM.

#55 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 03:56 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 19 October 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

Yes they overlap
and yes you could wait until Phase 2 started and go loot bag farmer Mode!
However, you could miss out on some sweet sweet Decals.

I already accidentally missed the decal for the first day because with all the overlapping events on the website's front page, the fact there was a decal only available for 48 hours slipped by me. Any chance we could earn these another way, or make them available in-game for MC for a week after the event? Or do I have to wait another year for a chance at it?

#56 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 12:34 PM

View PostHenktheTank, on 20 October 2018 - 04:14 AM, said:

Would it be for future events to make the matchscore higher? at the moment you have alot of people just running in and die in the first 30 sec since you don't need to do alot for 100 matchscore.

Thing is that if you put the match score too high it will also have adverse effects.. double the match score and thats around how much damage you have to do to get a bag for that match..

at 150 MS you need at least 300 damage.. now before a tangent starts of how someone thinks thats easy hold on and think about this for a second.. I'm going to direct your attention to the end of match screens and how often teams get potato'd and more than half the team cant beat 200 damage..

in the reality of setting the bar too high it will only begin to encourage use of meta-tryhard builds like the ultraviolent, any gauss vomit, the dakka spaminator(anni), or just straight up lurm[Redacted] in supernovas or anything else that keeps hurling [Redacted]tons of lurms at the enemy..
I think u get the idea that everyone would have to drop average builds they enjoy and just about every light and medium. And instead play nothing but heavies and assualts that can survive longer and do ridiculous amounts of damage..

Do you have any clue what kind of havok shifts in build deployment does to the MM and the match quality? remember how bad Lurming got during that event in recent weeks? Who really cares if someones just out there zerging.. people can bring just about anything they want and still have a resonable chance of getting the MS needed while enjoying the match..

At 200 MS though you'd really see entire teams out there failing to get a loot bag in a match and thats not fun! When stuff becomes un-fun people will just walk away for a while until the events over and they can play a normal mech without fear of all the lurms and meta tryhards, or they will leave and never come back.. Player retention is important.. Events will encourage derpyness alot of the time.. But there has to be balance to how much derping is happening to ensure a level of player retention.. Meta tryharding and lurm spam are just as derpy as someone zerging..

But in the end you have to throw the players a bone here and there.. This event is a easy rewards just go out and PLAY PLAY PLAY event.. Its basically a gimmie to the community to have fun and bring players back into the game.. you've got to keep the level at the spirit of the event and not make it gungho like all the other events that can add player frustration and burnout..

Edited by draiocht, 22 October 2018 - 03:44 PM.
inappropriate language

#57 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 22 October 2018 - 01:03 PM

View PostJadePanther, on 22 October 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

Thing is that if you put the match score too high it will also have adverse effects.. double the match score and thats around how much damage you have to do to get a bag for that match..

at 150 MS you need at least 300 damage.. now before a tangent starts of how someone thinks thats easy hold on and think about this for a second.. I'm going to direct your attention to the end of match screens and how often teams get potato'd and more than half the team cant beat 200 damage..

in the reality of setting the bar too high it will only begin to encourage use of meta-tryhard builds like the ultraviolent, any gauss vomit, the dakka spaminator(anni), or just straight up lurm[Redacted] in supernovas or anything else that keeps hurling [Redacted]tons of lurms at the enemy..
I think u get the idea that everyone would have to drop average builds they enjoy and just about every light and medium. And instead play nothing but heavies and assualts that can survive longer and do ridiculous amounts of damage..

Do you have any clue what kind of havok shifts in build deployment does to the MM and the match quality? remember how bad Lurming got during that event in recent weeks? Who really cares if someones just out there zerging.. people can bring just about anything they want and still have a resonable chance of getting the MS needed while enjoying the match..

At 200 MS though you'd really see entire teams out there failing to get a loot bag in a match and thats not fun! When stuff becomes un-fun people will just walk away for a while until the events over and they can play a normal mech without fear of all the lurms and meta tryhards, or they will leave and never come back.. Player retention is important.. Events will encourage derpyness alot of the time.. But there has to be balance to how much derping is happening to ensure a level of player retention.. Meta tryharding and lurm spam are just as derpy as someone zerging..

But in the end you have to throw the players a bone here and there.. This event is a easy rewards just go out and PLAY PLAY PLAY event.. Its basically a gimmie to the community to have fun and bring players back into the game.. you've got to keep the level at the spirit of the event and not make it gungho like all the other events that can add player frustration and burnout..

Players that bad don't deserve to be rewarded. [Redacted] Imagine... people actually bringing the meta instead of garbage mechs, driven with a steering wheel!

Edited by draiocht, 22 October 2018 - 04:54 PM.
inappropriate reference, Quote Clean-Up

#58 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 22 October 2018 - 01:22 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 22 October 2018 - 01:03 PM, said:

Players that bad don't deserve to be rewarded. [Redacted] Imagine... people actually bringing the meta instead of garbage mechs, driven with a steering wheel!

While I totally agree with you, PGI has to keep the match score that low in order to motivate the unwashed masses to try to play Solaris. I am sure it would be embarrassing if practically nobody played Solaris, during a Solaris event (and Solaris is actually the fastest way to grind these loot boxes with the match score requirement so low). Heck, with some of the players/builds I have run into this season a 50 match score isn’t a total gimme!

Edited by draiocht, 22 October 2018 - 04:56 PM.
Quote Clean-Up

#59 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 22 October 2018 - 01:24 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 22 October 2018 - 01:03 PM, said:

Imagine... people actually bringing the meta instead of garbage mechs, driven with a steering wheel!

Maybe, but ........

.......sorry blacked out from boredem there for a second.

#60 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 22 October 2018 - 02:11 PM

View PostDarkFhoenix, on 22 October 2018 - 12:41 AM, said:

I think this is the first event where you get to choose only from two mechs. Usually it's either more choices or one choice . It's also no big deal if you miss out , you can easily buy your own with your loot bag winnings .

Last year we got to chose between a Hunchback or Stormcrow in the (S) version that was sold via Steam earlier.
But: Later the non (S) versions of these mechs were added at player request, so you're still kinda right. Posted Image

EDIT: Had (C) in mind, but it was the (S) version with Phranken camo as default.

Edited by Buenaventura, 22 October 2018 - 03:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users