#1 Oop_Ack

• Pip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 01:26 PM

Hi all,

Here is a 3d printed Catapult CPLT-BB2
It has IMPs (Improved Missile Pods) which has slide in rack mounted missiles and/or heatsinks inserts.

Enjoy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 EchoHotel

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 15 posts
  • LocationStranded In Iowa

Posted 22 October 2018 - 02:03 PM

Super cool, i wish I could do 3d modeling but I can't make heads or tails of the software. So what are your plans for painting and embelishing? Acrylic cockpit windows? Led "Lasers"?

Edited by EchoHotel, 22 October 2018 - 02:05 PM.

#3 Oop_Ack

• Pip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 10:26 AM

View PostEchoHotel, on 22 October 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

Super cool, i wish I could do 3d modeling but I can't make heads or tails of the software. So what are your plans for painting and embelishing? Acrylic cockpit windows? Led "Lasers"?

I have the LRM-15 with (Artemis) C1 nose and dual uAC-20; then Gauss pods with the Brawler nose.
I am hoping to paint the Brawler with dual uAC-20 pods.

#4 Agent Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 437 posts
  • Locationbottom left of canaduh

Posted 28 October 2018 - 12:45 PM

Where can I acquire the stl for the new pods. I havnt done the Butterbee yet

#5 Oop_Ack

• Pip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 07:51 AM

View PostAgent Cooper, on 28 October 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

Where can I acquire the stl for the new pods. I havnt done the Butterbee yet

I am still working on the two other updates.
Hope to have them finished shortly.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 07:59 AM

Its awesome to see. But just a heads up; PGI's been rapidly deleting threads that feature 3D printed mechs. Apparently public display of them causes an issue, as why would you by Catalyst tabletop figures when you can print your own?

#7 Mark Nicholson

3D Artist

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 08:31 AM

View PostKoniving, on 29 October 2018 - 07:59 AM, said:

Its awesome to see. But just a heads up; PGI's been rapidly deleting threads that feature 3D printed mechs. Apparently public display of them causes an issue, as why would you by Catalyst tabletop figures when you can print your own?

Do you mean the threads that link to a service that is attempting to profit from selling 3D model files created by or derived from the work of the PGI art team?

Aside from being illegal, on a more personal level selling these model files for profit is an insult to the artists who put their time, effort, and skills into creating these 'Mechs for your enjoyment in this game.
We completely understand the enthusiasm and desire for 3D printed 'Mech models; we feel the same way. However, the reality is that we do not own merchandising rights for the MechWarrior franchise and we are not legally permitted to meet the demand for official MWO merchandise.

For anyone interested in 3D printing MechWarrior Online models for personal use and enjoyment, we ask that you please do not support any services which attempt to exploit and profit from the work of others by providing models created by or derived from the work of the PGI art team.

Any future discussions, references, or links to services that offer such services for profit will be moderated.

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 08:38 AM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 29 October 2018 - 08:31 AM, said:

That could be it -- but one I saw didn't have that (instead it had like three or four showing off painted 3D printed mechs and talking about how to paint them) and like 20 minutes after seeing it, it was gone. Though nothing says such couldn't have happened in 20 minutes.

But I basically got the impression that between that and some other discussion and a some player did PSA about 3D printed mechs being for private use and that public displays including sharing on the forums was some sort of issue.

Glad to hear that isn't the case.

#9 Oop_Ack

• Pip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:27 AM

I have always enjoyed the Catapult from the Start and the SniperCat was the best until it was nerf-ed. Since then the Catapult has been a target.

I have LOVED the design and flexibility.

I have come up with five versions

LRM boat (MWO version)
Butterbee mk2 (with IMPs) above
SniperCat (beta / early version in MWO) with dual Gauss Pods and 4 Lasers
Brawler (not finished) with dual uAC-20 Pods and 4 Lasers
Heavy Scout (posted earlier) with dual Armored Plates dual rAC-5 (mid body) and 4 Lasers and VERY Fast.

Last which is going to be fun to do
the "FrankenCat"

Edited by Oop_Ack, 30 October 2018 - 06:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users