How Many Ties Do You Need To Force Before You're Banned From Solaris?

45 replies to this topic

#21 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:12 AM

View PostKunato Developments, on 02 January 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

How about you bring a mech which is able to catch something instead of standing @ spawn with 40 tons of dps ballistics?

Asking someone to not play the meta and optimal strategy is utterly ridiculous.

Besides that though this is Division 1 where there are only two mechs that can potentially keep up with Arctic Wolves.

The IV-4, which after the incident with toLSON(); doesn't seem to be all that good against Arctic Wolves.

Or another Arctic Wolf, which is an incredibly risky playstyle and is easily countered by common varieties of cheese.

Edited by Alcom Isst, 02 January 2019 - 11:17 AM.

#22 Bloodwitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:41 AM

View PostAlcom Isst, on 02 January 2019 - 11:12 AM, said:

Asking someone to not play the meta and optimal strategy is utterly ridiculous.

I am not asking for anything. I am just saying that if you pick a mech which is unable to chase down a pir then it is 100%, without a doubt your own fault, not having a chance to win.

#23 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:02 PM

View PostKunato Developments, on 02 January 2019 - 11:41 AM, said:

I am not asking for anything. I am just saying that if you pick a mech which is unable to chase down a pir then it is 100%, without a doubt your own fault, not having a chance to win.

Oh you should expect run across tie-forcing light mechs, but you don't have to like it, and you can request PGI to make changes to their dead game mode and punish tie-forcing.

#24 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:51 PM

View PostKunato Developments, on 02 January 2019 - 11:41 AM, said:

The only mechs in div 1 that an run down an Arctic Wolf are Arctic Wolves. Sure we can drop in an Arctic Wolf and take down the offender, but then when the next drops turns out to be an Annihilator or Direwolf we either force a tie or get washed.

None of us are saying that's not a valid mechanic of the game, but it's a poorly designed one that encourages people to not play. You drop meta, fight meta, build up and get a good standing and then get washed by an oddball...and then get washed by a meta because you dropped a build chasing the oddball. No one wants to do that. That's why most of the leaderboard players don't play. It's not worth the risk.

#25 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 02 January 2019 - 05:44 PM

Yep, getting sick and tired of this one individual - we ALL know who it is - that just runs around the map in 4 divisions.

Player can't aim, won't fight, just ties. Drives me nuts and losing ELO to that is ridiculous.

It's at the point now I'll just stop playing once I get to a certain rank because who wants to come against that rubbish? Worst part is this individual plays a LOT in my timezone it seems...

Edited by justcallme A S H, 02 January 2019 - 05:46 PM.

#26 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:56 AM

Working as intended? A minor drawback from running the biggest and slowest builds.

#27 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:07 AM

View PostNightbird, on 03 January 2019 - 07:56 AM, said:

Working as intended? A minor drawback from running the biggest and slowest builds.

You really think “top tier players not playing” was what pgi intended? Because that’s what they got.

#28 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:40 AM

View PostMakenzie71, on 03 January 2019 - 08:07 AM, said:

You really think “top tier players not playing” was what pgi intended? Because that’s what they got.

It's not really PGI's fault if 'top-tier' players go, 'oh ****, it's a Piranha, I'm going to camp with my back to a wall the whole match'

#29 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:44 AM

View PostNightbird, on 03 January 2019 - 08:40 AM, said:

It's not really PGI's fault if 'top-tier' players go, 'oh ****, it's a Piranha, I'm going to camp with my back to a wall the whole match'

That’s not “not playing”. That’s playing one of only a few vslid strategies in an assault v light match. I’m talking about NOT PLAYING.

#30 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:45 AM

View PostMakenzie71, on 03 January 2019 - 08:44 AM, said:

That’s not “not playing”. That’s playing one of only a few vslid strategies in an assault v light match. I’m talking about NOT PLAYING.

If someone DCs or AFKs, then just find him and kill him? What's the problem

#31 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:58 AM

View PostNightbird, on 03 January 2019 - 08:45 AM, said:

I can’t explain the problem any more clearly to someone who can’t grasp the concept of never hitting the launch button.

#32 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:01 AM

Its like the people who run erl ice ferrets and cicadas in scouting, knowing everyone has brawl range mechs. And will run away for the entire duration of the match every time unless the enemy basically decides **** this and lets them kill them in the open. PGI wont do anything about those guys either

#33 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:07 AM

View PostMakenzie71, on 03 January 2019 - 08:58 AM, said:

I can’t explain the problem any more clearly to someone who can’t grasp the concept of never hitting the launch button.

Stop derailing the thread then.

View PostHazeclaw, on 03 January 2019 - 09:01 AM, said:

Its like the people who run erl ice ferrets and cicadas in scouting, knowing everyone has brawl range mechs. And will run away for the entire duration of the match every time unless the enemy basically decides **** this and lets them kill them in the open. PGI wont do anything about those guys either

*shrug* the people in brawl builds and camp spawn if they see someone with mid range isn't any better. Nor the people in slow mechs and camp spawn when they see a fast mech.

Edited by Nightbird, 03 January 2019 - 09:10 AM.

#34 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:21 AM

Its the same idea though, you take a mech that rock paper scissors the meta in that environment, and then you drag out the match to try to force your enemy to just give up out of frustration

#35 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:58 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 03 January 2019 - 09:21 AM, said:

Its the same idea though, you take a mech that rock paper scissors the meta in that environment, and then you drag out the match to try to force your enemy to just give up out of frustration

Exactly, it's funny how many camping assaults are belly aching here because the lights refuse to walk up to them to die LOL. Why don't you just go hunt them down like I do?

(directed to them, not you Hazeclaw)

#36 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:34 PM

View PostNightbird, on 03 January 2019 - 07:56 AM, said:

View PostNightbird, on 03 January 2019 - 08:40 AM, said:

View PostNightbird, on 03 January 2019 - 08:45 AM, said:

View PostNightbird, on 03 January 2019 - 09:07 AM, said:

Stop derailing the thread then.

View PostNightbird, on 03 January 2019 - 09:58 AM, said:

Why don't you just go hunt them down like I do?

I just had a chance to check out your player card and I got to say that's a lot of TALK. Just go hunt them down like you do? You don't even play. You got your 25 matches per division in, probably before any of the real players started diving in, and bailed to preserve your rank.

#37 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:49 PM

lol, cmon dude, stat shaming someone who's 5 times better than you is just funny

#38 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:52 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 03 January 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

lol, cmon dude, stat shaming someone who's 5 times better than you is just funny

It’s not stat shaming. It’s reincorcing my claim that the scoring mechanic in solaris discourages top tier players from playing. He got his 25 to place and bailed. He’s not going to risk the hit facing certain players when they’re just playing hide and seek and running the clock down. Like almost everyone else on the top of the leaderboard.

Edited by Makenzie71, 03 January 2019 - 12:53 PM.

#39 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:08 PM

Have you considered that some people don't enjoy Solaris gameplay, but will force themselves to do it for the rewards? Not saying Nightbird is like that, but I know many who are. The "meta" is very restrictive, and you absolutely must rebuild your mechs and adhere to a certain playstyle to do well, which is what makes me not play it, if there was more variability it would be much more interesting. Now you're complaining someone is using mechs/strategies that are meta breaking, and effectively forcing losses on you (ties with loss to elo is basically a loss). I get that it can be frustrating that you expect to play a certain way, and your opponent doesn't do what you want them to, but they're playing within the boundaries of what's possible in the game.

#40 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:15 PM

I avoid Solaris so bad players can play without me farming them. 9/10 players I meet have an ELO <1500, it's not fun for me, it's not fun for you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users