How Many Ties Do You Need To Force Before You're Banned From Solaris?

45 replies to this topic

#41 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:16 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 03 January 2019 - 01:08 PM, said:

Have you considered that some people don't enjoy Solaris gameplay, but will force themselves to do it for the rewards? Not saying Nightbird is like that, but I know many who are. The "meta" is very restrictive, and you absolutely must rebuild your mechs and adhere to a certain playstyle to do well, which is what makes me not play it, if there was more variability it would be much more interesting. Now you're complaining someone is using mechs/strategies that are meta breaking, and effectively forcing losses on you (ties with loss to elo is basically a loss). I get that it can be frustrating that you expect to play a certain way, and your opponent doesn't do what you want them to, but they're playing within the boundaries of what's possible in the game.

As i said before, it’s a mechanic that annoys me, but it’s part of te game. Failing to kill your opponent happens, ties happen, most of our complaint here isn’t when a tie happens due to the players’ failure at taking down their opponent...we’re complaining about when the tie happens by one of the player’s design. When it’s intentional. But even then, they made the game in a way that this can happen, and as a result it WILL happen. My point here is that it’s a mechanic that will, and has, driven players away.

#42 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:27 PM

Just as annis full of 2s have driven many players away. You can try to record video of facing this opponent and send to PGI, it MAY be considered a violation of TOS per https://mwomercs.com/conduct under the Non-Participation/avoiding section. Otherwise it's just on par with other ****** tactics, like ranging in scouting, objective rushing with fast mechs, etc.

#43 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:33 PM

simple fix (well, perhaps not THAT simple) would be to add a scoring system, as they do in real fights (boxing, mma, etc)

In the event a match does not end with mech destruction, you go to the score boards.

Now the only way you get a draw is if both mechs survive and have identical score post match, which would probably make ties a lot less common.

Of course, before any of that you need to come up with a scoring system, which is a huge can of worms in this scenario.

More than any of that.... people still play S7?

#44 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 03 January 2019 - 03:10 PM

View PostNightbird, on 03 January 2019 - 07:56 AM, said:

Working as intended? A minor drawback from running the biggest and slowest builds.

Except I use a number of mechs in the 70-80km/h region. The 140km/h light that just runs around is always going to be able to tie.

#45 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 05:45 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 03 January 2019 - 03:10 PM, said:

Except I use a number of mechs in the 70-80km/h region. The 140km/h light that just runs around is always going to be able to tie.

Except I've never seen that happen. I have seen plenty of 'meta' assault pilots hide in spawn though, even some in the top 5 on the leaderboards.

#46 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:14 PM

Div 1 maybe.... But this user is even doing it in Div 4.

Hence most mechs are at least going 65-70 base speed... I mean mine go faster and it's still nigh on impossible to catch someone that actively avoids you at 140km/h. You can get a few shots over time even with 400m range. Who's going to bring 500m+ to Solaris in the event you get this single individual who cares not for winning be simply wasting time.and going for the the match?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users