The Next I.s Light Should Be The Nexus And It Should Get 4 Ams.

46 replies to this topic

#21 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 October 2018 - 06:06 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 31 October 2018 - 05:42 PM, said:

The Osiris was wanted by the same people who wanted Thanatos, Uziel, Hellspawn... you get the idea. It was never going to be more than an average Mech, and it became redundant the day it was released.

Being a jump capable 25t energy boat the Nexus fills a niche and could be nice, though I prefer the Brigand for that role.

Well the Osiris I think suffered the same fate the Nightstar did. PGI's interpretation ended up with bad hitboxes, etc and has thus fallen by the wayside. For some the hope was that it would be a good 30 tonner to bolster the IS's light roster if the Javelin didn't work out.

I used to be teamNexus over any other light but the Brigand really is the better mech overall. The Brigand's ecm variant has JJ and 5E hps where the Nexus's only has 3 but slightly faster speed because it has a 175 instead of the Brig's 150. With MWO mech lab that won't matter as the Brigand will be as fast as a Commando but have different HPs, JJ, etc. Plus it's a pirate mech which is just pure fun.
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Brigand

Edited by TheArisen, 31 October 2018 - 06:07 PM.

#22 InvictusLee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 31 October 2018 - 06:58 PM

Ohh man. I used to love Brigands. Every now and then I'll drop by Mech Corps, jump in the pods, and run a brigand.
They even have this fun game where everyone is a brigand, and everyone can one shot eachother.

#23 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 01:18 AM

View PostFLG 01, on 31 October 2018 - 05:42 PM, said:

The Osiris was wanted by the same people who wanted Thanatos, Uziel, Hellspawn... you get the idea. It was never going to be more than an average Mech, and it became redundant the day it was released.

Hey hey hey! While I can't stand to play my Uziel most of the time, my Osiris performs extremely well. Maybe it's because the enemy doesn't expect much from them, but the Osiris (OSR-4D & OSR-3D) is one of my best Light 'mechs.

#24 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 01 November 2018 - 01:23 AM

I'd go for a Brigand also guys, but they are in 3065 which will be very far from MW5 timeline.
The nexus would be a best option for both MWO and MW5(MW5 will take place up to 3049 and we can expect a DLC)

#25 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:54 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 31 October 2018 - 04:45 AM, said:

Lights aren't the ones that need AMS. They can move into cover faster.

AMS on a light a light mech with multi AMS isn't for the light mech it's for the team.

The speed and mobility as well as the ECM allows freedom of movement to place the AMS where it's needed.

Also here is another fun fact about AMS.

An AMS mounted on a friendly mech 200m in front of you will protect you twice as much as it protects the mech that has the AMS on it.

Edited by Lykaon, 01 November 2018 - 09:00 AM.

#26 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:58 AM

Next IS Light should be a Raptor and I will accept nothing else.

#27 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:59 AM

View PostNovember11th, on 31 October 2018 - 04:44 PM, said:

My question is; What makes it special? Phiranna can already do 4 ams and its still garbage. Hilarious, but still garbage.

Give me a specter or ghost instead with true invisibility features and ill sing your praises.

In faction play the PIR-A is clan as is the Supernova -A therefore what makes "it" special is I.S. can bring a quad AMS to defend against what is arguably the best LRM platform in use.

However I am in the camp of 2 AMS is enough 3 is plenty and the best tactic to handle LRMs is fast skirmisher blitz attacks that leave no time for LRMs to dish enough damage before they are underrun and forced to fight close quarters.

So I second the Spectre or Ghost as I also feel you will have more success actively attacking an LRM platform rather than depending upon AMS to keep the rain off.

Edited by Lykaon, 01 November 2018 - 09:02 AM.

#28 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:01 AM

View PostArmored Yokai, on 01 November 2018 - 01:23 AM, said:

I'd go for a Brigand also guys, but they are in 3065 which will be very far from MW5 timeline.
The nexus would be a best option for both MWO and MW5(MW5 will take place up to 3049 and we can expect a DLC)

We're technically in 3068 so there should be no issue there. Also the Brigand has ton of variants. Also the Nexus is from 3055 because it's based on the Jackrabbit from the Amaris civil war era but was re-designed by Comstar.

#29 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:18 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 01 November 2018 - 09:01 AM, said:

We're technically in 3068 so there should be no issue there. Also the Brigand has ton of variants. Also the Nexus is from 3055 because it's based on the Jackrabbit from the Amaris civil war era but was re-designed by Comstar.

Not to mention they equipped it with a C3i computer, i.e. tech we do not have in MWO (and I doubt it will be in MW:5). Replacing a slave C3 is one thing, but C3i is integral to the Nexus's design.

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 01 November 2018 - 01:18 AM, said:

Hey hey hey! While I can't stand to play my Uziel most of the time, my Osiris performs extremely well. Maybe it's because the enemy doesn't expect much from them, but the Osiris (OSR-4D & OSR-3D) is one of my best Light 'mechs.

The Osiris is clearly the best of the IS MW:4 units but still rather average. ...and redundant. I like the Osiris well enough that I would put one in my hangar, but I don't find any use for it.

View PostLykaon, on 01 November 2018 - 08:59 AM, said:

So I second the Spectre or Ghost as I also feel you will have more success actively attacking an LRM platform rather than depending upon AMS to keep the rain off.

The Spector would be a good unit, basically a WLF-GR with JJ. I just feel that a jumping 25t energy boat like the Brigand would add a tad more to the game.

#30 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:23 AM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 08 November 2018 - 02:52 PM.

#31 Jables McBarty

• 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:31 AM

View PostThroe, on 01 November 2018 - 09:23 AM, said:

You're going to bring 4 AMS with only 1 ton of Ammo? Sure, you'll shoot down a lot of missiles, but you won't do it for very long.

*3 tons of ammo (which I think is reasonable). It's in the build, but I'll edit post to make it clear that's what I meant :)

#32 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:33 AM

View PostLykaon, on 01 November 2018 - 08:59 AM, said:

In faction play the PIR-A is clan as is the Supernova -A therefore what makes "it" special is I.S. can bring a quad AMS to defend against what is arguably the best LRM platform in use.

However I am in the camp of 2 AMS is enough 3 is plenty and the best tactic to handle LRMs is fast skirmisher blitz attacks that leave no time for LRMs to dish enough damage before they are underrun and forced to fight close quarters.

I like the Specture too actually. It's just there's only the Commando at 25 tons and the Brigand would be an excellent JJ equipped laser boat with lots of variety in it's variants..

#33 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 10:55 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 31 October 2018 - 04:45 AM, said:

Lights aren't the ones that need AMS. They can move into cover faster.

They don't need it for themselves, they need it to troll the enemy.

But actually; AMS attacks LRMs..
SRMs..
Streaks.
NARC.
ATMs..
and MRMs.

So just because they can dodge LRMs, doesn't mean that's the real reason to have it.

#34 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:25 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 01 November 2018 - 09:18 AM, said:

The Osiris is clearly the best of the IS MW:4 units but still rather average. ...and redundant. I like the Osiris well enough that I would put one in my hangar, but I don't find any use for it.

I dunno, redundant feels pretty harsh.

It's the best choice for 4-6 energy @ 30 tons because it's faster than the Javelin or Urbanmech and isn't hardpoint starved like the Spider.

#35 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:06 PM

Sure, give another trash tier light to IS, it's not as if we have enough spiders and jenners.

#36 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,837 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:04 PM

Looking over it at mechlist the Nexus be a nice light to have to replace the commando in tye 25 ton spot.

https://mykepantera....ghts/Nexus.html
Decent amount of energy hp's to boat enough lasers for a fight jj's that's a nice addition, and pretty sweet ecm variant if you like that stuff.

#37 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:39 PM

View PostNightbird, on 01 November 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

Sure, give another trash tier light to IS, it's not as if we have enough spiders and jenners.

Which Light would you recommend, and what do you think about the Brigand?

#38 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:05 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 01 November 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

Which Light would you recommend, and what do you think about the Brigand?

Any thing with 15E points will do, or 8B + 7E.

#39 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:10 PM

Raptor comes close with 11E points. :x

#40 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:11 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 01 November 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:

Raptor comes close with 11E points. :x

Yeah but unlike the fish, it's slow. I want it too but it's more of an IS MLynx.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users