The Next I.s Light Should Be The Nexus And It Should Get 4 Ams.

46 replies to this topic

#41 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:25 PM

View PostNightbird, on 01 November 2018 - 09:05 PM, said:

Any thing with 15E points will do, or 8B + 7E.

Yeah that basically doesn't exist unless PGI gives a mech substantial inflation.

The Raptor can have 11E but is an omni with a locked 175xl. The Brigand has a 6E variant, also at 25 tons or 5E & ecm but nothing has the ballistic boating ability the fish has. There is also the Koto but it doesn't have those HPs.

#42 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:46 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 01 November 2018 - 09:11 PM, said:

Yeah but unlike the fish, it's slow. I want it too but it's more of an IS MLynx.

Also unlike the fish, it can jump.

So yeah, more of an IS MLX, but Nightbird didn't specify any speed requirement. :P

#43 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 November 2018 - 12:46 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 01 November 2018 - 09:46 PM, said:

Also unlike the fish, it can jump.

So yeah, more of an IS MLX, but Nightbird didn't specify any speed requirement. :P

Haha very true. TBH I don't think an IS light could really use as many lasers simply due to 3 slot dhs and IS XLs take extra slots too plus 14 slot endo & FF.

#44 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 06:01 AM

Well, good news: Small lasers only generate 1.1 heat per firing. Easy to cool on even the stock 10 DHS. Raptor doesn't have FF, so there is a reasonable amount of space.

#45 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 November 2018 - 08:08 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 02 November 2018 - 06:01 AM, said:

Well, good news: Small lasers only generate 1.1 heat per firing. Easy to cool on even the stock 10 DHS. Raptor doesn't have FF, so there is a reasonable amount of space.

I meant the 14 or so Night was looking for but yeah I could see the Raptor boating them. ER smalls just to have some range I guess. But no IS light has the Pirahna's combo of speed and firepower.

#46 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 02 November 2018 - 08:11 AM

Please do not bring AMS lights.... they are never helpful. AMS is woefully ineffective at stopping LRMS. Any good LRM boat will fire enough LRMS per salvo to cut through even 4 AMS while doing decent DPS. Any bad LRM boat is not worth countering because they are no real threat.

#47 WeskerWild

• PipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 09:35 AM

Ok I am just going to go back to what this started with you want a 25 ton IS mech with 4 AMS????

To the basics thats 2 ton just for the ams then you have ammo say to last the whole game maybe 3 tons (thats being tight) so thats 5 tons spent of a 25 ton mech!!!!

So how many people going to play a 25 ton mech with nothing but AMS and moving if lucky 100 - 120 kph, I am all for team play but thats just crazy.

BTW I am a light player mainly Commando and Jenners (keeping a dream alive Jenners).

My commando runs ECM and stealth armour a I let the team lock me wait for the "incoming missle" hit stealth and they have wasted all the missiles not just the ones that the AMS was lucky to hit, Rince and repeat this and the Lurmers are taken out of the game.

Lets not give the Light mech haters more to hate about them please lol

Edited by WeskerWild, 02 November 2018 - 09:36 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users