Some Factors Why This Game Hemorrhages Players

25 replies to this topic

#21 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:58 PM

just adding in armor resistant to a particular type of damage would solve two of the biggest problems. ( TTK and high alpha mono builds) a lot better and more organically than the mess that is ghost heat

#22 Jackofallpots

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 219 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:08 AM

“One, Poochie needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Poochie's not onscreen, all the other characters should be asking 'Where's Poochie?'”

#23 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 11:59 AM

Biggest thing that holds the game's growth is the inability to play casually with friends. Group queue you and your newbie friends get smashed by veterans in fully skilled meta mechs. If you're even on at the right time to be able to find a match. FP is a similar problem. And solo queue is called so for a reason.

The other thing is the same reason it's awesome, the mechlab. Newbies can screw up builds either through ignorance or stubborn pride. They either don't know what all the stuff in the lab does or they believe they can make their favorite T5 build work in T1. Which provides them and their fellow players a bad experience in the crappy matchmaker.

And of course the matchmaker is junk. Because the way tiers are calculated is just a glorified XP bar. You shouldn't get ANY PSR for a win if you didn't do jack. It's as simple as that. BUT our population is low enough we can't fill tier 1 only matches. Let's be real about that. But if tiers were accurate the matchmaker could at least still fill each side with people of comparable skill tiers. It'd still probably suck because you can't stop low tiers from ramboing and crowing about their miniscule victory over that light in their heavy. It'd still be a closer match than what we've got.

Finally not enough mechs are viable. We can't all be running Deathstrikes and Sleipnirs . MORE needs to be done to shore up the underpeformers . More unique quirks. More agility. Just keep doing passes on several mechs every month. Hell they should be doing it twice a month, it's just some numbers on a page. They're not making enough money off mech sales because no one wants to buy barely viable mechs anymore. Most of the people making purchases based on Lore have moved on.

#24 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 12 June 2019 - 07:36 PM

In MWO team play is the key .. Not a game to play and win alone!Assaults here like Battleships or Aircraft carriers... Giant slow targets and easy prey for submarines , or lights in MWO without support fleet and cruiser and frigates like heavy and destroyers and covets like mediums.Most news thinking a mech is a overpowered soldier and can win alone a battle like in Halo or Battlefield... It's a fault.. Here no respawn and a early Lonesome hero dead ruined the teamplay.it's the wrong playground for heros and Lonesome wolf's

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 12 June 2019 - 07:44 PM.

#25 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:11 AM

View PostCaptain Overalls, on 01 November 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

Hello,

One the the greatest frustrations of mine after getting nearly two dozen of my board gaming friends to take a look at this game was that they all quit. Why? Here is their feed back, and mine.

1) The game is too short for the investment of load time and the many screens one must endure to finally be playing in a match.

Can't say I agree. Matches are significantly shorter than some games out there that much is true. But I'd say the game time is worth several times over for the load time someone has to go through. If the load times are really that much of an issue for you; maybe ask for shorter load times, faster matchmaking, or optimizations, or just a streamlined UI. instead of a longer game.

It's not universal among the MWO playerbase for thinking that that short games are detrimental. I'm willing to bet that there's a healthy percentage that prefers relatively short games that MWO quickmatch provides.

But if you're still not convinced, I'll try and point you in a different direction. Instead of dramatically increasing the health of mechs. Include a *Best out of three* mode. When a round ends, another begins. When a team wins three times. They win the game.

Edited by Livaria, 15 June 2019 - 10:32 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users