Clan Er Ppc, Your Thoughts?

36 replies to this topic

#1 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 05:35 AM

Hi guys, just wondering who uses Clan ER PPC in their builds for Medium and Heavy Clan Mechs? I feel it generates too much Heat for most Medium and Heavy Clan mechs unless you really put quite a few Heat Sinks in your build?

Just wondering who uses serious Clan ER PPC builds for Clan Medium and Heavy Mechs?

#2 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 05:55 AM

*waves*

2 ERPPC only on SHC-A, HBK-IIC-A, HMN-C, NVA-A, LBK-Prime, SMN-F
2 ERPPC + other weapons on SCR-C, EBJ-A, NCT-D, NTG-Prime, TBR-A (I should probably get the TBR-D instead)

Can't say how "serious" they are without knowing how you define serious in this video game we all play for fun.

#3 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 05:58 AM

Just wondering do you get a decent amount of wins with Clan Medium and Heavy Mechs, you know like at least a passing grade of 50% for your usage of Clan ERPPC oriented builds? I know player skill and experience may vary but do you feel it generates too much heat or too long a cool down?

Hope to get views from Seasoned players and Veterans.

#4 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:01 AM

View PostReposter, on 03 November 2018 - 05:58 AM, said:

Just wondering do you get a decent amount of wins with Clan Medium and Heavy Mechs, you know like at least a passing grade of 50% for your usage of Clan ERPPC oriented builds? I know player skill and experience may vary but do you feel it generates too much heat or too long a cool down?

Hope to get views from Seasoned players and Veterans.

Yes to the wins, and Clan ERPPC feels really good now with the dissipation. If it had 0.5 second shorter cooldown it would be perfect

#5 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:02 AM

Do you use Cooldown Skill Nodes currently and still feel it should have better cooldown?

#6 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:08 AM

View PostReposter, on 03 November 2018 - 06:02 AM, said:

Do you use Cooldown Skill Nodes currently and still feel it should have better cooldown?

Yes, I have max cooldown nodes already.

#7 DarthHias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:08 AM

Two Clan Peeps with a whole load of Heat Sinks do pretty well. I run that on the Huntsman, which is also a very good jumper and tanky enough.
Have also seen some good work done in a Shadow Cat, has ECM and MASC.

I can put out 500-600 dmg relatively often and I think I average around 400 with 1-2 kills per Quick Play match. It´s a different enough playstyle from Laser/Gauss Vomit or Dakka to be fun Posted Image

#8 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:15 AM

I win more than I lose and I kill more than I die with those 'mechs, on average. The Mediums have a better average K/D but a similar W/L.

#9 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:20 AM

So what type of suggestive playstyle is recommended with Clan ER PPC Mediums and Heavy Mechs, could you discuss this further? Do you just keep sniping or close in to finish off opponents at close range?

I am researching into Clan ER PPC, not sure what is viable at this point in time, please bear with me.

I have experimented with my Hellbringer Prime before, but did not like the results so using other builds currently.

#10 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:52 AM

View PostReposter, on 03 November 2018 - 06:20 AM, said:

So what type of suggestive playstyle is recommended with Clan ER PPC Mediums and Heavy Mechs, could you discuss this further? Do you just keep sniping or close in to finish off opponents at close range?

I am researching into Clan ER PPC, not sure what is viable at this point in time, please bear with me.

I have experimented with my Hellbringer Prime before, but did not like the results so using other builds currently.

Poptart, free trade all day is the usual style with 2 ERPPC on JJ mediums like Hunch IIc-A and Huntsman, or JJ Heavies like the Summoner.

#11 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:56 AM

I am not totally new to the game, but what does Poptart mean and how do you do it? Appreciate some form of elaboration, I am half noob half seasoned player.

#12 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 07:08 AM

View PostReposter, on 03 November 2018 - 06:56 AM, said:

I am not totally new to the game, but what does Poptart mean and how do you do it? Appreciate some form of elaboration, I am half noob half seasoned player.

First, you use a mech like this:
Posted Image

Then you use your Jumpjets to just barely clear terrain and shoot at targets while mid jump, landing your ERPPC shot on them, and falling safely into cover b4 they can return fire, or return fire effectively, thus constantly "free" trading.

#13 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 07:13 AM

Is a Summoner Poptart very viable... because you could open yourself to LRM boats spamming, so is it an advance technique or just a test of your luck kind of thing?

#14 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 07:15 AM

View PostReposter, on 03 November 2018 - 07:13 AM, said:

Is a Summoner Poptart very viable... because you could open yourself to LRM boats spamming, so is it an advance technique or just a test of your luck kind of thing?

It's slightly more "advanced" when it comes to the mechanics in this game, though it's not hard to do. You don't expose long enough to get LRM spammed, or really get shot by return fire all that well, especially if you jump properly. Most players in this game don't track well to begin with, nevermind attempting to track a mech jumping in a parabolic fashion.

#15 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 07:23 AM

I am on the fence with regards to Poptart technique with Clan ER PPC, I am not saying it would not work as I currently have no ideal mechs with JJ to work with it but I prefer using Artemis LRMs and ATMs as a general playstyle preference. I feel the Summoner build would probably get overwhelmed by Tier 3 players that use fast Lights or Mediums, but your mileage may very.

Thanks for the discussion though, it gets me thinking... maybe I might get a Poptart Test Mech in the near future for Clan Mechs.

#16 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:05 AM

View PostReposter, on 03 November 2018 - 07:23 AM, said:

I am on the fence with regards to Poptart technique with Clan ER PPC, I am not saying it would not work as I currently have no ideal mechs with JJ to work with it but I prefer using Artemis LRMs and ATMs as a general playstyle preference. I feel the Summoner build would probably get overwhelmed by Tier 3 players that use fast Lights or Mediums, but your mileage may very.

Thanks for the discussion though, it gets me thinking... maybe I might get a Poptart Test Mech in the near future for Clan Mechs.

With the way the heat dissipation changed since the patch, ERPPC poptarts are almost heat neutral, and they all go 81 kph+. There's also a psychological effect of losing to free trades that tends to stall pushes. Most people that get poptarted on tend to retreat to cover instead of pushing forward, especially when unable to shoot back. It's a playstyle that was hard to play against, which led to a big campaign to get the playstyle nerfed/neutered (linked ghost heat for gauss/ppc to gut Night Gyr Poptarting)

Most high end players that still remain in this game are proficient at the playstyle, but up until the latest patch, it was extremely rare to see since the nerfs of a year/year and a half ago.

Edited by Vxheous, 03 November 2018 - 08:14 AM.

#17 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:20 AM

I tried non JJ Clan Mechs with ER PPC before, I have trouble aiming sometimes... so how's you accuracy with a JJ Clan Mech? I doubt you can claim that you hit the Enemy mechs most of the time, right? Does having a better targeting computer make all the difference?

#18 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:22 AM

View PostReposter, on 03 November 2018 - 08:20 AM, said:

I tried non JJ Clan Mechs with ER PPC before, I have trouble aiming sometimes... so how's you accuracy with a JJ Clan Mech? I doubt you can claim that you hit the Enemy mechs most of the time, right? Does having a better targeting computer make all the difference?

I probably hit about 75-80% of the time that I shoot ERPPCs, so miss one shot out of every 4-5 I take. Targetting computer is there for higher velocity for the ERPPCs. Aim is universal, and less to do with ERPPCs and more to do your mechanics, mouse dpi, mouse sensitivity, etc.

Edited by Vxheous, 03 November 2018 - 08:24 AM.

#19 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:24 AM

75-80% is quite impressive... do you have good terrain knowledge, is it mandatory to know every map like the back of your hand?

#20 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:26 AM

View PostReposter, on 03 November 2018 - 08:24 AM, said:

75-80% is quite impressive... do you have good terrain knowledge, is it mandatory to know every map like the back of your hand?

I have very good terrain knowledge, comes from playing competitive and all the practice that goes with it. Is it mandatory to do well in quick play? No. Doing well in quickplay has more to do with understanding the team's positioning and how the nascar is going to go. Power positions on the map aren't going to help you if the rest of the team rotates away and leaves you behind, no matter how good that position is.

Edited by Vxheous, 03 November 2018 - 08:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users