Back In Black Sale Mc And Heroes. Extended!

91 replies to this topic

#21 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 November 2018 - 01:09 AM

View PostRex Gordan, on 16 November 2018 - 07:38 PM, said:

snip, stuff about too early Christmas gifts

then don't buy, firstly I don't believe PGI deserves it anyway.
But secondly there should also be a Christmas stocking stuffer event at Christmas time.
If memory serves me right then there was bonus MC attached to as well, just not necessarily a bonus Mech.

PGI has a lot more MC sales then in the past.

View PostxVoidxHammerx, on 18 November 2018 - 12:39 AM, said:

just purchased the 15$ package but haven't received my cipher ankle biter yet played a few games just curious if im supposed to be at some secret hidden window to redeem that any1 know?

Wait for them injecting the content? (of course that is if you redeemed the code in the time window and not like 5 minutes too early or such)

View PostAppogee, on 16 November 2018 - 08:48 PM, said:

I'm sorry, but no. After I see some solid development effort being expended on FP we can talk further about me spending more money.

Same

View Post-Ramrod-, on 17 November 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

There's just so much that needs to be done and they are NOT getting done.

Sigh, feeling you

View Post13loodwraith, on 18 November 2018 - 12:11 AM, said:

READ PATCH NOTES. WE just had a HUGE overhaul of the heat system. that amounts to Nothing to you?

ehh, a bump to heat dissipation and a nerf to heatcap should take about 5 to 10 minutes of changing 3 to 4 values in some xml files.
Like they acknowledged that they also did not put effort into changing the skilltree and stealth armor together with the changes, seems lazy to me.

I'm not saying the change is not big (to game play), but the actual work being put into it is nothing compared to actual content being created.
They just changed a few values of stuff that was already in place,sure "investigating" took some effort too, but then that change was in the works for months, still seems very slow to me.

Also please do tell how they can introduce a bug in a patch (was hotfixed) that just crushes fps when there are missiles in the game then all they did was change some heat and damage values to lasers?
Do they have interns going through random things and changing them for the lulz or something?

In this year we Got the ENTIRETY of Solaris mode released, the SOLARIS map, Bolt ons, near doubling of decals, a COMPLETE overhual of the supply cache system.

Yes, Solaris.
MANY people where asking for it /s
I'm sure the Solaris maps took months to make, not that they are rather basic, ehh?

Ohh Bolt-Ons, wonder how many people actually spend MC on them instead of using the free ones you get, much value there Posted Image

Ohh more stickers Posted Image

supply cache overhaul Posted Image
well they better, or face being sued in a few countries around the globe, as lootboxes are more and more considered gambling
Also I think no one ever asked for lootboxes in MWO to begin with

This whole section of things you mentioned might not be even in game and no no one would miss something of importance.

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO PLEASE YOU.

Well 3 months ago (is it 4 now?) Paul was asking for FAST changes to FP that could be made to improve the mode
There have been plenty of suggestions that made it to a list.

Still waiting for super complicated changes like "increase wait timer when ready to drop from 1 minute to 2"
I mean sure, please take your time, I'm sure players will wait for anything to happen for months on end so PGI can announce some stuff at MechCon (btw, just like making us wait like last year), not like there are other games coming out that are worth playing or spening money on.

And that was only really fast n easy changes, nothing that would save FP by itself, but at least would make it easier for the players who still play FP

Your experience is singular. SINGULAR. MWO doesnt revolve around you solely.

Yeah yeah, except the disappointment is getting more and more for many, and while steam stats aren't everything, they do show a trend

But hey, I was a white knight some 2 years ago too, PGI will whittle you don't, no worries.
Its like the only thing they really excel at.

I'm sure the goodwill is there at PGI, but stuff is just not happening outside meddling with values and systems that have been in place for years now.

Want me to spend money?
Make some commitment to actually developing (read coding) stuff in MWO, that includes performance improvements and bug fixes.
And create content that is not solely for the purpose of selling.

How about showing up with a general direction for MWO , or is this it?
1 or 2 maps a year, fiddling with balance, adding more ways for customers to spend money on shinies and making performance a bit worse with every patch?

P.S. PGI never felt the need to have a sale, after sale, after sale for half a year in the past.
It took years to convince them to have more MC sales than once a year and even longer to add MC to the gift shop.
Wonder what changed.

Edited by Peter2k, 18 November 2018 - 01:54 AM.

#22 Raythe 71

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 02:01 AM

just purchased the 15$ package but haven't received my cipher ankle biter yet played a few games just curious if im supposed to be at some secret hidden window to redeem that any1 know?

usually when they don't appear right away, they default into the injection cycle, which puts your purchase into your account in game at the top of the hour every hour. So wait until its 1 min pat the next hour, then play a game and see if it pops up after the match.

#23 Raythe 71

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 02:17 AM

View PostPeter2k, on 18 November 2018 - 01:09 AM, said:

How about showing up with a general direction for MWO , or is this it?
1 or 2 maps a year, fiddling with balance, adding more ways for customers to spend money on shinies and making performance a bit worse with every patch?

P.S. PGI never felt the need to have a sale, after sale, after sale for half a year in the past.
It took years to convince them to have more MC sales than once a year and even longer to add MC to the gift shop.
Wonder what changed.

Direction? the game has been released since 2013. It's an online battle arena, not an MMORPG. 12 v 12 death match. ANd it served as a base for the development of MW5.

how long do you expect the game to be around? this isn't some EPoch like WoW, nor does it have the same kind of incoming generation. Hell there is no monthly subscription. DO you expect to be playing this same Mechwarrior game 10 years from now? Honestly I can see it going into maintenance mode here shortly.

As for Balance, editing the xml files of course that isn't a lot of work. What is work with balancing is finding the right values. YOu think that **** takes only days? yeah, I'm sure The original developers for Starcraft and Starctaft 2 only spent a week figuring out all the numbers and values for all their static units to find a balance. Do you know the permutations for custom mech possibilities in this game? its insanely high. Honestly, for what they have, and how customizable mechs are, They making progress. Probably more so lately than in the games early days. Hmm wonder why that is. Couldn't have anything to do with some hesitancy over the fact that their sole product could possibly be smashed out from under them by a ******** lawsuit tying them up in courts for years.
You know what just do this:
Look at MWO when it launched in 2013.
Comapre its marketing, its value, and its content to now.
It's a huge difference. the game has come a long ways. Does it have its faults? yes. But I'll be damned before I get pissed at PGI for how they are managing it when I compare it to the NIGHTMARE that is Bethesda games.

If you're that bored or fed up with it, move on. no skin off your back.

#24 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 02:55 AM

Web store purchases are injected into accounts every hour on the hour. So if you bought something at 12:01am, other than the MC itself, it won't inject the bonus items into your account until 1:00am has occurred.

#25 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 03:15 AM

These kinda things are generally injected into accounts every hour, usually at about 10 past the hour

EDIT: Yeah everyone else has answered this already too but OH WELL

Edited by Audacious Aubergine, 18 November 2018 - 03:17 AM.

#26 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 November 2018 - 06:41 AM

I dunno if this will attract PGI's attention or get drowned in the salt, but the $7 reward says "ALL Clan Faction warhorns", but in both options (personal or gift) they're missing Clan Diamond Shark. Was this accidental? Or intentionally trying to keep the numbers to 6 and 6?

#27 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 08:56 AM

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO PLEASE YOU.

Probably he wants god mode... saw another topic about it and it is funny af! Posted Image

View Post13loodwraith, on 18 November 2018 - 02:17 AM, said:

how long do you expect the game to be around?

Well I started playing Project Entropia (PE) back in 2003... I just stopped playing it in 2017 after selling everything off.
But I didn't expect PE to last more then a year just like other "rce" games that started appearing around the same time.

Also I stopped playing MWO in late-fall 2013 just after the Publisher IGP sold the Khans mechs or actually it was probably just after IGP took a dump on MWT. Eitherway I figured IGP was mia and game was doa but returned later on and surprised PGI bought the publishing rights from IGP and that MWO was still going, and its still here and must be doing fine or the MechCons wouldn't happen.

However the forum is getting salty like PE forums about 5 years back and dotd forums about 2.5 years back. In both cases I left along with a big part of the playerbase as the devs stopped communicating and stopped getting any mods to do the moderating, or even just delete salty off-topic derailing troll posts without a bunch of people having to report the offensive posts.
Imo MWO forums appear to have stopped getting actively moderated about a year back.
The Salt is taking over, new players who visit the forums for playing tips just read how bad PGI is and how everything sucks and how no one will buy anything because no god mode or whatever crybaby excuses.

Its hard to attract new players with a very small handful of caustic acidic people posting their adverse extremest view over and over and just like PE and DotD forums their bs becomes a self-prophecy if/when the game (slowly) fails because the community appears full blown acidic with extra salt.

And to at least start to fix this issue PGI could at least fix block list.
Currently it automatically mutes and blocks the offensive player until logging out of MWO.
But upon logging back into MWO all the offenders on block list are unmuted.
Oh sure the offender is still on block list and still can't pm... Big Whoop-de-do.......

PGI could at least give option in settings: Keep the offensive players on block list muted upon relogging into MWO.
Why is this important? Because new players quickly learn to turn off all chat and voip and learn nothing, don't socialize, don't even know about TS/Discord channels, and they have no reason to stick around because it makes MWO feel like any single player game.

^Apologies for the ranting wall-o-text.

View PostC337Skymaster, on 18 November 2018 - 06:41 AM, said:

I dunno if this will attract PGI's attention or get drowned in the salt, but the $7 reward says "ALL Clan Faction warhorns", but in both options (personal or gift) they're missing Clan Diamond Shark. Was this accidental? Or intentionally trying to keep the numbers to 6 and 6?

Good catch.
IMO they should just let player pick any 6 warhorns especially for those who are die hard loyalists, they've done this with patterns and mechs etc so should be fairly easy for PGI to do now???

Edited by Akillius, 18 November 2018 - 08:56 AM.

#28 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 November 2018 - 09:20 AM

Honestly I can see it going into maintenance mode here shortly.

Then why spend money?

And how will PGI make money then?
MW5 is a single player game.

Aside from it being a niche anyway, usually sales don't go up but down after a while

how long do you expect the game to be around?

Basically as long as PGI can make money with it.

snip for lots of hard work being done being called balance

OR, they have literally everyone working on MW5 for a long time now and barely anyone else is left besides making stuff to sell.
Adding in MechCon and things move even slower.

Lastly, if they want to shut MWO down and do a new one (be it from ground up, porting or what have you) using MW5 as a basis, then they can also just say so, and not wait half a year for customers to stay around while nothing is actually released or even mentioned.

Edited by Peter2k, 18 November 2018 - 09:27 AM.

#29 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 November 2018 - 10:09 AM

View PostAkillius, on 18 November 2018 - 08:56 AM, said:

Good catch.
IMO they should just let player pick any 6 warhorns especially for those who are die hard loyalists, they've done this with patterns and mechs etc so should be fairly easy for PGI to do now???

I like this idea. :) Based on past events, loyalties, and my current inventory of 'mechs (what factions they belong to, etc), I could definitely use a mix-n-match setup wherein I could pick 6 of whichever warhorns I actually want, rather than getting 1 of each (which may still not include one **Diamond Sharks!** ahem...).

#30 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:20 AM

I gifted myself Romeo the flea and used to mc to buy the Black Widow Warhammer to give Romeo a girlfriend.

I will save the rest of the mc for the actual Black Friday .

#31 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:33 AM

View PostPain G0D, on 18 November 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

I gifted myself Romeo the flea and used to mc to buy the Black Widow Warhammer to give Romeo a girlfriend.

I have concerns about hooking up Romeo with Black Widow, cant possibly end well.

#32 Raythe 71

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 02:26 PM

View PostPeter2k, on 18 November 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

you just implied that because its single player it cant make money? just stop dude. you're embarrassing yourself.

#33 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 19 November 2018 - 12:36 AM

View PostPeter2k, on 18 November 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

Oh, thats easy: micro transactions and paid DLCs.

#34 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 20 November 2018 - 12:04 AM

PGI, how about putting those heroes on sale themselves?

#35 iamredleader

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 55 posts
  • LocationAmstelveen

Posted 20 November 2018 - 02:23 AM

Gifted myself some MC - nice warhorns for the collection! Every mech should always have a warhorn installed.

#36 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 20 November 2018 - 11:50 AM

Nice, thanks for the sales PGI!

The Ultraviolet, Deathstrike, and Top Dog WILL BE MINE!

Edited by GamerPro4000, 20 November 2018 - 11:56 AM.

#37 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 12:48 PM

There are somhow no more sales ingame whatsoever.

#38 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 20 November 2018 - 12:51 PM

<*checks about 20 Minutes Ago for the 50% Off (MC) Hero Mech Sale*>

Uhm... Why does there appear to be no Sale running? Wasn't it supposed to be up already? I'm confused. :(

<*shrugs and walks off, highly depressed*>

~D. V. "Something just ain't right here, like it isn't functioning." Devnull

(p.s.: Oh well... PGI's Staff is only a group of humans... I can't blame them for being vulnerable to Real Life and being derailed.)

#39 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 20 November 2018 - 01:17 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 20 November 2018 - 12:51 PM, said:

Uhm... Why does there appear to be no Sale running? Wasn't it supposed to be up already? I'm confused. Posted Image

Ya I check immediatly at 12pm but no sale. This looks like a job for Matt Newman!

#40 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 01:20 PM

DAMN IT! FIXED! Posted Image

Timezones are hard guys Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users