Incursion And Conquest In Faction Play.

15 replies to this topic

#1 November Juliet

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 01:45 PM

Does anyone see the reason for domination. On polar? Incursion period? Conquest I can at least some what see on certain maps. Pgi keep incursion in quick play where it belongs. /rantoff

Edited by November Juliet, 18 November 2018 - 01:45 PM.

#2 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 18 November 2018 - 03:15 PM

I fail to see how incursion is more appropriate for QP. The mode encourages multiple waves and quick mechs. You are not getting that with QP.

With mode and map unknown what purpose does a Direwolf serve if going for an objective win?

#3 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 18 November 2018 - 04:03 PM

Domination is great for faction - forces people to get close and not spend 20 idiotic minutes on sniping.

Incursion is really annoying, and I wouldn't be too bothered if I never played it again. However, as much as I'm not a fan of base rushing, it does offer smaller teams a bit of hope when fighting against larger ones, and I can see the value in that. And being forced to defend against the possibility of a base rush can offer a refreshing change of pace sometimes. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing the victory conditions change - partial destruction of the base counts for nothing, make it an all-or-nothing prospect. If no on destroys a base, the tiebreaker is kill count.

#4 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 18 November 2018 - 04:15 PM

Incursion = bad, period.

Domination = sometimes fine, sometimes bad (Polar is bad - the walk from the DZ is simply too long for example).

Conquest = good. means enhanced teamwork required and strategy. This is what FP is about.

#5 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 18 November 2018 - 10:08 PM

Conquest works best.
Domination is ok.
Incursion is ok when both sides decide not to base rush... could be better with some simple improvements.

#6 Huitzilihuitl

• PipPip
  • Warrior - Point 4
  • Warrior - Point 4
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:37 PM

I love those combos!
JOIN ISMO!

#7 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 03:22 AM

3 modes should be available, siege, skirmish and conquest. Domination is a senseless mode that forces the game to be at a certain part of the map, assault is simply capwarrior online, incursion can gtfo like oh i won because i did more dmg on stationary objects than u did.

#8 S t P a u l y

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:43 AM

GET OUT OF THE CIRCLE

#9 Extra Guac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Chu-i
  • Chu-i
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:23 AM

Incursion would be a pretty good strategic game mode if the structures had 5 or 10 times more HP. You could still win the match by doing more base damage, but you wouldn't be able to take out the entire base with a quick medium rush.

Assault isn't too bad - matches are rarely determined by capping. The good thing about assault & domination is that they force the action... in skirmish there is actually more cheesy stuff that can happen, like getting a 1-kill lead and then avoiding combat to run out the clock. Assault & domination are less likely to take the full 30 minutes.

Edited by Deepfryer, 19 November 2018 - 11:24 AM.

#10 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:26 AM

@Deepfryer: Those HP increases were suggested months ago. Paul solicited the community for ideas and was never heard from again.

Edited by Spheroid, 19 November 2018 - 11:30 AM.

#11 Extra Guac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Chu-i
  • Chu-i
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:29 AM

Shrug

#12 JUGMAN

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 12:52 PM

Incursion is a bad mode in FP.

#13 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 01:52 PM

Incursion is just a bad mode.

It could be pretty cool with some adjustments though.

#14 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 27 November 2018 - 02:20 PM

Incursion is dreadful.

Assault is fine most of the time as both teams usually ignore the base cap. Ironically, Assault is often harder to 'rush' than Incursion even though it has no defenses.

Conquest is okay but the resource requirements needs be increased to allow a bit more fighting and use of drop decks.

Domination is mixed. Good that it forces fighting. Bad that most of the time, you end up circle-managing the timer so you can just fight.

Overall, fighting is more fun than standing in squares and circles. Therefore Siege and Skirmish (except on sniping maps) are the best modes.

Edited by Charles Sennet, 28 November 2018 - 03:43 AM.

#15 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 02:45 PM

I'm OK with both. Incursion needs base and turret HP doubled. Conquest needs 1500 points. Easy to make decent, and encourages different play styles.

#16 JUGMAN

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 12:11 PM

Incursion promotes base rushes with assassins and linebackers. Your choice is rush before you get rushed or roll the dice and come in Assault Heavy and brawl it out praying the other team doesnt base rush. Incursion is a bad mode that needs to be replaced.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users