Blood Asp Headshots (Solved)

9 replies to this topic

#1 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 11:22 AM

I get headshot like once per year.

But my "Blood ASP" assault was headshot 3 times in ~one week, and the third time was after I added more head armor.

Could you check if there's an issue with the size or location of the cockpit of the Blood ASP ?

Edited by Humble Dexter, 27 November 2018 - 07:59 AM.

#2 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:14 PM

Did you get killed by the same person?

#3 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:02 PM

It was by 3 different players in 3 different games, over a ~week.

Update : I just got headshot a 4th time but this time in another mech, compared to getting headshot ~once in the whole first 10 months of 2018 (excluding Solaris)... so maybe there's just a Black Friday sale on headshots this week Posted Image

Edited by Humble Dexter, 22 November 2018 - 04:52 PM.

#4 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 11:35 PM

Well my guess is people have figured out what window to aim for... some windows are well known to a LOT of players... some to a few. Everyone knows about the atlas left eye, but what about the bottom window on the battlemaster for example ? Or the annihilator where its the small rectangular window under the big square one.

#5 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 04:54 PM

That's a good point, but since the Blood ASP was the last mech to come out for Cbills, it should be less likely to be headshot then my older better known mechs, instead of being a whole lot more likely.

Anyway I fixed the issue by adding more head armor, and since it tends to get headshot, that's head armor is like adding extra armor to the center torso :)

#6 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 06:51 PM

Got headshot for the 5th time in ~2 weeks...

Maybe this is the result of having put out a second headshot event, even after the complaints about the first one.

And more of a duel gauss problem, then a cockpit hitbox size problem.

#7 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 02:24 AM

It's dual heavy gauss mechs. It wasn't practice for the most time to go for heatshots, you'd need two - three consecutive shoots before with gauss/ppc. Now with dual Heavy gauss you only need one hit and if you miss it's 50 damage to the CT.
I'm literally fishing for headshots all day with heavy gauss now.

Sleipnir, victor and mostly (ECM) fafnir. Also some maulers, so many dual heavy gauss mechs in the game right now.

Edited by Toha Heavy Industries, 25 November 2018 - 02:26 AM.

#8 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 07:58 AM

Got headshot again...

I went straight from getting headshot ~once in 10 months (outside Solaris), to getting headshot twice per week... That's a TWENTY fold increase in headshots.

So it's about a 2x25 pinpoint damage weapon, combined with an increase in the amount of players using it, and has nothing to do with the Blood ASP's cockpit size... but that's still a problem in itself.

#9 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 09:20 PM

In Solaris, I always aim right for the cockpit window if given the opportunity.

#10 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 02 December 2018 - 07:16 AM

'Tis simple - from my understanding, aimbot etc. is known to target the centre of a location; aim for CT and it's very close to the Head? Similar with any mid torso set cockpit like marauder, madcat etc . . . meaning a slight movement may well be putting your cockpit window right into the path of the aimbot shot just after firing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users