Russ Makes An Interesting Tweet In Regards To The Warhammer Iic And Mechcon.

298 replies to this topic

#41 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 25 November 2018 - 01:18 AM

View Postx Deathstrike x, on 25 November 2018 - 01:08 AM, said:

Currently I would also bet its early access to MW5.

That'd be bit crap for IS loyalists though...

#42 Dogstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 25 November 2018 - 01:25 AM

A lot of IS loyalists have a clan account too even if it isn't played much

#43 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 02:02 AM

View PostImperius, on 25 November 2018 - 12:06 AM, said:

Yeah they should have seen that coming. Sorry but gamers don’t game on phones over pc and consoles....

Well they do when they don't have gaming type PCs or consoles, which is the situation for a lot of Asians. Although the Chinese have internet cafes full of rows of gaming PCs. But you can't take the internet cafe home.

But many if not most only have a mobile device as their only gaming apparatus, and mobile is extremely pervasive in Asia.

Blizzard's intention is not unexpected. They already made a lot of money from Heartstone, which remains a popular game on mobile. But he should have realized he was speaking in front of a PC gaming audience and should have announced the mobile game during another convention.

A bit of factoid. Over 51% of gaming industry revenues are now in mobile, the rest split half and half between PC and console. The mobile share is expected to grow over 70% in the next few years.

Edited by Anjian, 25 November 2018 - 02:04 AM.

#44 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 02:04 AM

Early adopting anything is a terrible idea . I am pretty sure i wont regret whatever i am "missing out " on . Who has the time to wait 4 months for anything or assume nothing is going to change ?

Maybe my computer blows up in 6 days 3 hours and 52 minutes from now

or I slip and fall off a building next week screaming and soiling my shorts before my brains go splat at 3 AM in the morning so feral cats have time to feast on my juicy fat carcass .

Maybe I become a tier 1 disgruntled player in 3 months but unlike them instead of moaning on the forums , I actually play some other game .

There is plenty of virtual goodies for us to buy right here and right now in the mech store and on discount .

Edited by Pain G0D, 25 November 2018 - 02:05 AM.

#45 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 03:23 AM

View PostVxheous, on 24 November 2018 - 10:24 PM, said:

Not true, you can get a refund for mechs delivered as well, as long as you haven't played them or modified them in any way.

Not true. I played and modified the Uziels.. judged them utter crap even modified, and told CS such. They refunded my uziels, removed them from my account, and that was it. I wouldn't have one in my account now had they not given away that "champion" one as an event prize a few months ago.

#46 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 03:33 AM

My prediction is the surprise will be a bonus variant with ballistic hard points much as the Marauder IIC had an extra variant for its early adopters which had missile hardpoints.

#47 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 25 November 2018 - 04:02 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 25 November 2018 - 03:23 AM, said:

Not true. I played and modified the Uziels.. judged them utter crap even modified, and told CS such. They refunded my uziels, removed them from my account, and that was it. I wouldn't have one in my account now had they not given away that "champion" one as an event prize a few months ago.

That's even better, the people I knew that got refunded was just told not to modify their mechs.

#48 Nema Nabojiv

• 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 25 November 2018 - 04:31 AM

Wait, am I the only one who thinks that anyone who bought any kind of mechpaks during the last few years are entitled to some kind of mw5 discount?

#49 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 November 2018 - 04:52 AM

My guess is it's a bonus hero variant.

#50 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 04:53 AM

That would be insane. Locking early access behind a limited time mech pack ore-order that wasn't announced? I know Russ drinks a bit and PGI aren't the best decision makers, but I have to assume they know where this would be going.

#51 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 05:11 AM

No less insane than the psr/tier system with a formula guaranteed to advance even the crappiest players to Tier 1 eventually... just average 101 match score or higher every game and you'll get there.

#52 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 07:09 AM

View PostNema Nabojiv, on 25 November 2018 - 04:31 AM, said:

Wait, am I the only one who thinks that anyone who bought any kind of mechpaks during the last few years are entitled to some kind of mw5 discount?

i think ive given them enough money to buy 5 games. id hate to see some noob spending $20 on their first mech get something as good as free early access to mech 5. and what of all the founders who put down a lot of money on as of yet unmet promises.

Edited by LordNothing, 25 November 2018 - 07:10 AM.

#53 Dogstar

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 25 November 2018 - 07:42 AM

View PostBombast, on 25 November 2018 - 04:53 AM, said:

That would be insane. Locking early access behind a limited time mech pack ore-order that wasn't announced? I know Russ drinks a bit and PGI aren't the best decision makers, but I have to assume they know where this would be going.

No they really are not even a tiny bit prescient. The thing to remember is that they _just don't care_

they don't care about quality - which is why they aimed for a 'minimally viable' product
they don't care about your opinions - which is why they ignore the forums and use twitter - it's difficult to have a comprehensive discussion in twitter
they don't care about balance - which is why they keep trying wacky ideas
they don't even care about keeping the game going - just so long as they get a few MW5 sales out of the player base
they don't care if you play the game because they don't like players in the first place
and they don't care about players because 80% don't pay and the remainder just keep buying mech packs regardless of quality

#54 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 25 November 2018 - 08:32 AM

The comment is hardly without precedent. The timing is a near carbon copy of that of the original King Crab reward which was an exclusive time based add-on to Resistance I.

My prediction is the Bane. Its the only item the community would regret not having access to for a finite amount of time. A high mounted ballistic boat a with non-locked engine would create a very strong though temporary P2W situation that many would crave.

Posted Image

Edited by Spheroid, 25 November 2018 - 09:00 AM.

#55 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 25 November 2018 - 09:02 AM

That sucker would appear to be as wide as the Nightstar.

#56 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:29 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 24 November 2018 - 04:50 PM, said:

Buy, don't like the 'surprise', get a refund...

Tempting.

Yea, that's what I just did. 20 dollars to find out a "surprise"

#57 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:31 AM

View PostNema Nabojiv, on 25 November 2018 - 04:31 AM, said:

It's not like you donated money. You bought digital goods. They don't owe you anything. Plus it's a really bad business strategy to offer a discount to the people most likely to buy your game anyway. But it wouldn't be unreasonable to hope for some kind of bonus items for buying MWO mechs.

#58 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:58 AM

Eh, why not? If it's a worthless extra 'mech like the MAD-IIC-8 I'll just ask for a refund...

#59 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:07 AM

It isn't going to be anything better than bonus variants.

Only a fool would make it MW5 access or an entirely new mech, without telling people ahead of time to guarantee a huge flood of preorder sales. Oh wait, that's modus operani for who we're dealing with here. Yeah they would totally announce that it's access to an MW5 beta AFTER the adopter's period is over. This company has the business sense of a rock.

#60 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:10 AM

I already decided on preordering it so I'm excited to see what it is. Easily baited? Yes, indeed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users