84 replies to this topic

#1 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 19 November 2017 - 01:58 AM

Independently of any speed limits, amount of legs or unimplemented technology (even though it would be available in our current timeline); Which mechs do you want to see added to this game?

You can participate in these polls. Anything with at least one non-experimental variant in any pre Jihad era should be included (Known exceptions listed below):
Exceptions: Icarus II and Grand Dragon didn't make it into the polls due to the 20 options per question limit.

Don't know the mechs? Either look them up at Sarna or for most lights, mediums and heavies you can also have a look at my Mechspecs page. Click on the mech image and you'll get redirected to sarna. Hardpoints and max engine ratings are estimations and PGI might go a completely different route.

Here are my most wanted 8 mechs:

Inner Sphere
Light
I'd like to see another 25t option besides the Commando, and the Nexus strikes me as perfect. Reasonable number of energy hardpoints and jump jets, except for one variant that does have ECM instead.
Medium
Tough decision, but I am going with the Raijin. I've always liked mediums with a mix between Energy and Missile hardpoints along with JJ. Two variants feature Triple Stength Myomer which is another thing I crave to be added to the game. And two variants even have ECM. I totally dig it's aesthetics even though hitboxes might not be the best. Sorry Men Shen, I love you too.
Heavy
Another mech that's probably never gonna make it into the game, but the No-Dachi has all I've ever wanted in a heavy mech (except jump jets). Again comes with Triple Strength Myomer, this time on all variants. Again a mix of Energy/Missile or pure Energy, but to mix things up it also sports a Sword. I don't think PGI will ever add melee weapons, but I haven't given up hope.
Assault
Difficult one, since this is the class I play the least, and know little of. I am gonna go with the Rampage since it's quick(ish) and comes with MASC.

Clan
Light
I'm getting my number one in the form of the Piranha in January, so I'll switch to the Locust IIC. Again I feel that the 25t bracket needs reinforments, and hardpoint wise this one will be another very strong addition to the game.
Medium
Now that we've got another good 40t mech, and with the 55t Black Lanner being announced, I'll switch to the 45t bracket and hope for the Shadow Hawk IIC, but wouldn't complain about the Mongrel/Grendel either.
Heavy
Even though It looks abysmal, I am going with the Black Python since it's actually pretty good. Something for Alex to dig deep.
Assault
Blood Asp. High weapon mounts and great aesthetics!

PS.: Another interesting single choice poll by Cato Zilks can be found here, and the most successful mech poll of all (MWO) times by Gas Guzzler can be found here

#2 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:41 AM

So many choices! Posted Image

If I had to pick 1 'mech per weight class, per faction;

IS
Light
Raptor - Fleshes out the 25 tonners, gives the IS a rival to the Piranha with a potential 11E Light, gives IS OmniMechs.

Medium
Komodo - Bring up the number of 45 ton options, adds a 2nd ECM 45 tonner, another monster with 11E.

Heavy
Black-Hawk-KU - Brings up the 60 ton range to 4 choices (equal to the other Heavy weight classes), another monster with a potential for 14E, gives IS OmniMechs.

Assault
Fafnir - The closest thing to rival the Kodiak or Mad Cat Mk II for high mounted Ballistic firepower, a 2nd ECM 100 tonner, potentially amazing shield arms.

Clan
Light
Hellion - Jump capable, comes with MASC, essentially a beefier Mist Lynx.

Medium
Rabid Coyote - Adds a BattleMech & ECM to the 55 ton options.

Heavy
Hellfire - Adds a 2nd 60 tonner, adds a BattleMech to the 60 ton range, MASC capable, up to 10 hardpoints (before any inflation).

Assault
Blood Asp - High torso mounts, adds a 2nd ECM Assault, great range of hardpoints capable of boating most weapons (by my count up to 6E / 4B / 4M).

Yes, I want IS to be able to boat more lasers. Yes, my Clan choices are based less on performance and more on variety.

#3 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,817 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 19 November 2017 - 03:53 AM

Well my picks, per faction.

IS

Lights: Wasp, a 20 tonner that can be add up to the line up JJ's and plenty of variants to choose from, and some with new tech.

Medium: Komodo,nice Energy boat and be the main rival to the Nova.

Heavy: Perseus, another 75 tonner but Orion Omni that mimics the gyr without JJ's, have ecm and pretty much every variant can be added into the game.

Assault: Fanfir 100 tonner highmounts, ecm alot of nostalgia behind it. Also could be a rival to the KDK and MDMKII.

Clan

Light: Incubus, 30 tonner with a wide variety of variants with diverse, have cockpit level shoulder mounts and a cool *** gun.

Medium: ShadowHawk IIC everything you like about the original Shadhawk but lighter and with tasty clam tech.

Heavy: Grizzly a good 70 ton battlemech with a wide variety of hardpoints and able to bring terrifying firepower on the field. need 3 more variants.

Assault: PhoenixHawk IIC: 80 tonner that will replace the gargoyle on the field, all highmounts, max engine, JJ's. And every variants at least different from one another.

#4 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:21 AM

Since we are having one of these threads again, my top picks are:

IS

Lights: Tarantula. I want to see a quad make it in game so that a certain particular forum user on this website has nearly a heart attack of the announcement. Posted Image In all seriousness, it would be a cool IS unique mech that might add something interesting to the mechanics of how this game works. Had experience with it way back in MW:2 and liked it ever since.

Mediums: Since this weight bracket is so flooded, and personally I'm not into most mediums in general I will have to say Clint. The only reason for this is because it's relevant in battletech. I know it would add nothing to the game in terms of anything new, but since we are getting the Black Lanner might as well fill in all of the older mechs that should have been in the game like the Crusader.

Heavy: Hands down the Toyama. After hearing how disappointing the Thanatos is in game, I believe this mech might become a good filler for what the Thanatos lacks. Good hardpoints, decent loadouts and a really well designed mech will make it my go to IS heavy mech if we ever got it in game. The only thing that it truly suffers from is lack of load out variety (only two canon variants exist). I'll be willing to let PGI bend the rules for this mech, but if only they allow the player base help design some of the variants that they will make.

Assault: Don't really have much of a personal preference here, so I voted Fafnir. Simply because my co-op buddy loves the design and I had good experiences with it in MW:LL. This will definitely be a c-bills mech for me however, since it'll be a giant bloated walking CT box in MW:O and might suffer the same issues like the Thanatos.

Clan:

Light: Firemoth. While we are getting the Pirahna, I would still like this mech to get in game even if it received a speed nerf during it's initial launch. It's one of the three missing mechs from MW:2 and has so much relevancy during the original clan invasion. I'm surprised we're getting the Black Lanner first before the Firemoth in all reality.

Medium: Don't really have much say in this category, so my vote is the Shadowhawk IIC. It's a decent clan medium with potential if used properly. Used it's IS counterpart quite a bit back before the clan arrival.

Heavy: This is quite obvious. The Rifleman IIC. If you need an explanation just go navigate to my signature. Probably the only mech now that I would pay out of pocket for the standard + hero add on.

Assault: This is going to be a tie between the Warhammer IIC, Phoenixhawk IIC and Stone Rhino. I want the Warhammer IIC to complete the MW:2 collection, the Phoenixhawk IIC since it offers some interesting things to the table, and the Stone Rhino if only it came with some of it's unique quirks like reinforced arms. If I had to choose from the three, most likely the Warhammer IIC is what I would want the most.

#5 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:44 AM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 19 November 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

Lights: Tarantula. I want to see a quad make it in game so that a certain particular forum user on this website has nearly a heart attack of the announcement. Posted Image

Only "nearly"? Posted Image

#6 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:13 PM

IS

Lights: Tarantula. I want to see a quad make it in game so that a certain particular forum user on this website has nearly a heart attack of the announcement. Posted Image In all seriousness, it would be a cool IS unique mech that might add something interesting to the mechanics of how this game works. Had experience with it way back in MW:2 and liked it ever since.

Don´t do that. Can you imagine the animation of future quad mechs after the recent circus mechs?

Edited by xVLFBERHxT, 19 November 2017 - 12:14 PM.

#7 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:48 PM

View PostxVLFBERHxT, on 19 November 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

Don´t do that. Can you imagine the animation of future quad mechs after the recent circus mechs?

Which is why the Scorpion is the perfect mech to add!

It canonically was a super-rough ride, heck there even was a whole saying about it in the TRO "Piloting a Scorpion is like strapping yourself to a raging bull... A ride will often toss the pilot about violently"

#ScorpionForMWO2018

#8 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:53 PM

Since we are having one of these threads again...

I am sorry! I get what you're saying. I just needed a platform to support my polls. Most people ignore the feature suggestions section, and the polls where simply way too much work to just let them rot down there. My apologies. I'll never do it again. I promise ;)

Btw: You guys don't need to come up with a favourite per faction per weight bracket. Entries like "Gimme the damn Tarantula" are perfectly viable as well =)

#9 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 01:07 PM

View PostMyke Pantera, on 19 November 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

Gimme the damn "Burrock"

Fine Posted Image

Edited by xVLFBERHxT, 19 November 2017 - 01:07 PM.

#10 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 01:08 PM

IS (and Periphery)-

Lights: My top picks would be the Raptor and the Toro. The Raptor is the practical choice, because it has the right combination of hardpoints and (probably) hitboxes to not suck eggs. The Toro, because I want to play my favorite Periphery state's signature 'Mech, and because the design is just seventeen different kinds of badass looking... even though it would probably be terrible in MWO. Other 'Mechs I wouldn't mind seeing: Razorback, Hollander, Flea, Brigand.

Mediums: If PGI ever got melee working, I'd want the Hatchetman. Since that's probably never going to happen, the Talos or the Marshal because... seriously, let's get some bloody Periphery 'Mechs in here already.

Heavies: Argus, Argus, and Argus. Dunno whether it'd be any good or not, but I really don't care, because it is hands-down my very most favorite 'Mech in the entire setting and I will love it no matter how bad it is.

Assaults: Would you believe I don't care? There aren't any personal favorites of mine that aren't already in.

Clan- All of the 'Mechs on my Clan wish list are already in the game or pending delivery, with a single exception: the Urbanmech IIC.

#11 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 19 November 2017 - 01:14 PM

View PostWrathOfDeadguy, on 19 November 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

... the Talos ...

Has been added to the poll!

Edited by Myke Pantera, 28 November 2017 - 11:31 PM.

#12 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 November 2017 - 01:41 PM

I hope we can get votes for more quality mechs.

IS Light
Nexus, 25t, good and plentiful hardpoints, fast, JJ, ECM (Raptor or Brigand as alternatives)
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Nexus

IS Med.
Lynx, 55t, great hardpoints, excellent mounts, good speed, JJ (Men Shen for IS omni Med though)
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Lynx

IS Heavy
Dragonfire, 75t, excellent hardpoints & mounts, good speed, ECM, good geometry (Toyama would also be epic or the Anvil would be good for 60 tonners)
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Dragon_Fire

IS Assault
Gunslinger, 85t, great hardpoints, good mounts, ECM, JJ (Fafnir, Sagittaire, Sunder or Thunder Hawk... I like assaults)
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Gunslinger

I am sorry! I get what you're saying. I just needed a platform to support my polls. Most people ignore the feature suggestions section, and the polls where simply way too much work to just let them rot down there. My apologies. I'll never do it again. I promise ;)

Btw: You guys don't need to come up with a favourite per faction per weight bracket. Entries like "Gimme the damn Tarantula" are perfectly viable as well =)

Reddit or a FB group are also good places to reach more people. The reality is the forums get lots of the same people.

#13 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:55 PM

I am sorry! I get what you're saying. I just needed a You guys don't need to come up with a favourite per faction per weight bracket. Entries like "Gimme the damn Tarantula" are perfectly viable as well =)

I know, it just makes me choose, rather than list the 50+ 'mechs I like the look of Posted Image

#14 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 19 November 2017 - 03:01 PM

I'd want a Stone Rhino if assaults weren't terrible in MWO and I didn't think pgi would butcher the arms and give it little stubby guns.
https://x1xreaverx1x...Rhino-322286533

#15 SeventhSL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 November 2017 - 03:40 PM

Fire Moth!!!! It's the only Mech left that I really want and isn't already in the game.

#16 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:57 PM

So we got (will be getting) the Fafnir. I expected it way earlier to be honest, but here it is. And it's ugly ^^ Most in-demand 100t IS mech. So what will be next?

Didn't expect PGI to go for another PGI original design, but the Sun Spider is actually worth adding, since the 70t clan bracket isn't exactly filled with potential suitors, as you can see here

Next one is probably an inner sphere light or a clan assault. My bet is on IS light. I'd be hoping for the Nexus, but given it's non-popularity this seems unlikely. Maybe an IS Omni-wave including the Raptor or simply fan favourite troll mech, the Hollander? As long as it's not the Owens...

#17 xRatas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 514 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:47 PM

I'd like to get Hatamoto-Chi, we need one decent samurai-looking robot for sure.
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hatamoto-Chi

#18 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:19 AM

View PostxRatas, on 08 January 2018 - 09:47 PM, said:

... we need one decent samurai-looking robot for sure ...

I agree, but for me it's the No-Dachi. Such a cool mech! It means we need melee and triple strength myomer first though. I'd really like to see that happen.

#19 KevinZhang

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:47 AM

I’m really wanting the Ragnarok and Ymir because they were some of the coolest designed mechs I’ve seen. The lava cannons and shields were super awesome and sets these mechs apart from any other assault.

#20 Dago Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:58 AM

As per every one of these I've ever seen the Thug, the Imp , The Charger and the Flashman are my wants.

The whole OST line of mechs would be nice as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users