Wait For Mech_Con!

53 replies to this topic

#21 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 02 December 2018 - 02:33 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 02 December 2018 - 12:26 AM, said:

It's not just that they announced nothing, it's that they did so in such a haphazard and unprofessional manner after hyping us up for months about goodies coming at Mech_Con.

And, to wit, they didn't have anything to announce for MW5 other than their delayed release date, so...yeah.

I get your point but, honestly, that's also no new and surprising behaviour from this company.

#22 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 02:38 AM

Actually what we truly got from the first day of mech con was some interesting (debateable) world campionship macthes and an insight into the difficulty of making MW5. In Russ`s own words he talked about the challenges and the difficulties.

Thats great but as a paying customer of MWO since some of the earliest days, what are you doing to incentivise me to stay and spend in this game? Hell MW5 looks fairly ok but its always the multiplayer aspect of games that sell it to me these days. Very few single player story driven games hold my interest (unless your name is Elder Scrolls). However turn MW5 into a multiplayer experience similar to MWO and hell yes we have a new stable platform to launch from!

Come on PGI you have it within you, dig deep and make it happen! You will be rewarded if you do a good job.

Edited by HGAK47, 02 December 2018 - 02:38 AM.

#23 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 December 2018 - 03:23 AM

View PostMechaBattler, on 01 December 2018 - 09:27 PM, said:

Damn. That's a ways away. They better be optimizing the **** out of it. :I

View PostYeonne Greene, on 01 December 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

• A demo of MW5 gameplay, which is of a quality that we saw last year and is somehow less visually impressive than what they showed us in 2016

I'm hopeful Posted Image

Except Every Time Russ Torso Twists It Gets Faster

strange bug to have in something you show off, seems like it should be obvious something is not right

View PostYeonne Greene, on 01 December 2018 - 09:45 PM, said:

Are you implying the game has moved forward 1 year at all?

shrugs

When I'm bitterly pointing out that MWO hasn't gone in any direction this year I'm always reminded by someone how difficult game dev is and how difficult and time consuming balancing is

Frankly, in retrospect, this years MechCon feels just as empty as the whole dev cycle for MWO this year

Edited by Peter2k, 02 December 2018 - 03:27 AM.

#24 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 02 December 2018 - 09:20 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 01 December 2018 - 08:54 PM, said:

Give me Diablo Immortal over this.

Do you guys not have sim pods?

#25 Humpday

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 09:34 AM

I just watched B33fs stream from yesterday, yeah its pretty bad.
I left the game for CoD Blackops 4, and Red Dead, pretty much waiting for new content to come out for MWO, looks like nothing is on the horizon except more mechpacks and a Sept release date of MW5...like wtf!? Basically a whole year till it releases. I was expecting a beta, or a Feb release date.

Haven't played in a couple months, just check in from time to time to see if anything new has come around. And I used to play this game A LOT, like A LOT A LOT...

EDIT: that goes without saying, I've also stopped funding MWO as the money goes no where. Ive bough a lot of mech packs man... I gather they'll probably scrap MWO by 2020 especially considering how fast the population is falling off.

Edited by Humpday, 02 December 2018 - 09:37 AM.

#26 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,715 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:05 AM

I can't even

#27 SFC174

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 695 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:36 AM

Sad, just sad. Normally I'd say something like "everyone cancelling their WHM-IIC orders should get PGI's attention". But I really don't believe that anymore.

There is a rot, a malaise inside this company. I can't be sure exactly what it is, and I don't want to get banned for speculating. But I do firmly believe that there are some personnel issues at very high levels that can probably only be dealt with using qualified professional help.

I'll keep playing until the lights go off or I can't stand the wait time. But I'm done spending $$$.

#28 Dogstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:59 AM

There's on thing this proves beyond a doubt.

Russ and co are complete clowns.

They don't care about anything except getting whatever money they can screw out of this franchise with the absolute least amount of effort possible.

There will be no MW5 because they are so incompetent that they will not release it before they run out of money, and they probably realize that which is why they're not doing anything other than polishing their CVs for the next job.

Anyone still buying mechpacks at this point is an idiot because they are simply not going to be worth playing once there's no more than a couple of hundred players online at any time. I'll be surprised if MWO lasts long enough for anyone to receive the Corsair.

There's some damn fine people working at this company - support is excellent, concept artwork is top quality, but everything else seems to be totally below par or incompetent.

Edited by Dogstar, 02 December 2018 - 11:01 AM.

#29 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 12:05 PM

From Russ today on twitter. "I mean it’s awesome stuff but not really trailer or recordable items - more info today though!"

Reply "Cool okay at the QnA"

Looking forward to hear about new stuff.

Edited by XX Sulla XX, 02 December 2018 - 12:14 PM.

#30 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 12:16 PM

Simply put after watching the stream yesterday ... i just feel sad for PGI. I'm not upset this game is dying and that MW5 is meh ... i generally feel bad that all these people wont have a job,only money they will be getting after this is donations.

#31 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 01:07 PM

So no new maps in the works.

#32 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 02:33 PM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 02 December 2018 - 01:07 PM, said:

So no new maps in the works.

They still announced nothing, even at the Q&A...which was also cut short.

#33 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,930 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 02:46 PM

its ok, next mech con is only 12 months away. maybe pgi will have something by then. it would be hard for pgi to come up with an even more disappointing announcement at this point.

#34 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 02:53 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 02 December 2018 - 02:46 PM, said:

its ok, next mech con is only 12 months away. maybe pgi will have something by then. it would be hard for pgi to come up with an even more disappointing announcement at this point.

What? They will announce the delay of MW5 till the spring of 2020. Go ahead, tell me that's not a reasonable expectation.....

Or, if the somehow manage to get MW5 out in 2019, they will announce major changes to it......due in 2020.....

OY VEY.............

#35 BlackDeathLegion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 03:23 PM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 01 December 2018 - 11:10 PM, said:

This was like if your a kid and its Christmas morning and your drunk dad comes in and mumbles something about being a better dad and passes out instead of giving you toys.

+10000 Amen!
LMMFAOMF!!! HAHAHAHAH :D

#36 4rcs1ne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 474 posts
  • LocationKnoxville,TN

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:52 PM

In addition, for me anyways, even the new mech announced was a huge disappointment. It doesn't really bring anything new to the table.

I was really hoping it was an IS omnimech. An IS omnimech would have undoubtedly brought something new to MWO.

#37 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:47 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 01 December 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

• Promises to listen to the community more for balance and FP in 2019

They took reps from emp, eon and jgx to talk to Chris about balance for over an hour and a half. Apparently half the time was spent by Chris talking. Telling them about the balance philosophy of various aspects of the game. Sounded like they had to listen to a extended command chair post in person. Then DATA spent a load of time making suggestions for solaris. Posted Image

Probably the only things that might have been useful are some spawn point changes, doing away/cutting down the extra nonsense Elo seeding points in solaris for the first 10 matches, and some other small but welcome changes.

#38 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:59 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 05 December 2018 - 07:47 AM, said:

They took reps from emp, eon and jgx to talk to Chris about balance for over an hour and a half. Apparently half the time was spent by Chris talking. Telling them about the balance philosophy of various aspects of the game. Sounded like they had to listen to a extended command chair post in person. Then DATA spent a load of time making suggestions for solaris. Posted Image

Probably the only things that might have been useful are some spawn point changes, doing away/cutting down the extra nonsense Elo seeding points in solaris for the first 10 matches, and some other small but welcome changes.

Weapon balance in the game is pretty good. A few weapons don't see much use, that's all.

Main problems are the Matchmaker for QP using the Tier system creating bad matches most of the time, the lack of team balancing for FP, and lack of FP content.

None of these are in Chris's purview I believe.

Solaris needs a match maker based on a Generalized Linear Statistical Model which would allow all the queues to be merged into 2 (1v1 and 2v2 queues). No need for mech divisions, because mech chassis relative strengths, relative loadout stengths, and relative pilot strengths will all be crunched together to create better matches. If a good match-up isn't possible, no need to force launch one as the wait time is reduced by merging queues. Create a Leaderboard for every mech chassis, may the best pilot win, and you'll see mech diversity. This idea will never be utilized though, since it costs 100k$ to hire someone with the skills needed, and if someone 'guesstimates' like with the Tier system, it'll be a disaster.

Edited by Nightbird, 05 December 2018 - 08:08 AM.

#39 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:02 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 05 December 2018 - 07:47 AM, said:

Maybe “big” changes for Solaris then?
I mean Chris implied he has a lot on his plate for MWO’s future in the ‘who is PGI listening to’ thread, (https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6193789) so maybe all the stuff he got from DATA (he is listening after all) is what is in fact “on his plate”? I sure hope something is (other than his more typical weapon/mech monthly nerfs), because I sure didn’t get any indication from Mechcon that there is anything other than Paul’s too tired to list minimalistic FP changes to look forward to. They teased nothing in re game play. They hinted at a map, potentially. But that was really it for MWO. So maybe DATA’s Solaris proposals are the best scraps we can hope will fall off of Chris’s plate and into the game?

#40 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:06 AM

We waited... it came... it passed.. memes were born... disappointment..

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users