159 replies to this topic

#81 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:57 PM

Chris. I don't want to say anything bad up to this point but something has to be said.. When Ash asked Russ his questions to you guys and all, I was laughing and enjoying the fact that Several of you guys SQUIRMED in front of everyone ON TWITCH especially Russ by far. You guys couldn't give us an honest answer in regards of faction play and all etc. It was embarrassing to see. If I was the CEO of PGI I would've already started firing ppl in the high ups for that fiasco. Ash got you guys good by the balls and he made it evident that people in your departments are not listening to the players who are actively playing in MWO still. Id be blaming not just Russ but also to Paul and you Chris for actions that should not have been done to boot. Let that be noted as to why this was goin to come back and stab you in the back.

#82 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:58 PM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 04 December 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

How can you be certain your balancing decisions are correct with the matchmaker is such a poor state? Stats can easily be skewed when teams are made that have wildly differing skill levels across them

There's no match maker in FP, could you clarify your question?

#83 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:08 PM

View PostNightbird, on 04 December 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

Well, feedback is always good, but basing decisions on influencers without openly discussing ideas is bad.

For example, with Solaris which they announced last year, many people were in disbelief because they knew how the hard it would be to have arrange matches in a fair way and how the player base would receive a 'no one to blame other than yourself' mode and 'meta-only mode'. Only a vocal minority is for it.

Those who voiced their disbelief, be it on the forums or on Twitter were still the minority among the total player population. The silent majority was silent during that time.

Even if we talk about the vocal part of the community only, PGI doesn't listen to them as a whole, be them in the majority or minority.

Edited by El Bandito, 04 December 2018 - 04:13 PM.

#84 Bulletsponge0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:10 PM

View PostNightbird, on 04 December 2018 - 03:58 PM, said:

There's no match maker in FP, could you clarify your question?

simple, it pertains to the modes that do have a "matchmaker"

#85 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:14 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 04 December 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

Those who voiced their disbelief, be it on the forums or on Twitter were still the minority among the total player population. The silent majority was silent during that time.

Fully agreed! I'm not saying PGI should "listen" as in do what one group wants over another group, I'm saying PGI should only "listen" to the pros and cons. Pros from the people in favor of Solaris, Cons from the people against it.

If they sat together in a meeting, and considered, "Hmm, how will the player base receive a mode where all elements of luck are removed, and the outcome is 100% determined by skill in shooting and skill in the mechlab. Our existing mode are too much like poker, we want to create something closer to chess", it's pretty much a given what they would have decided.

Edited by Nightbird, 04 December 2018 - 04:26 PM.

#86 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:18 PM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 04 December 2018 - 04:10 PM, said:

simple, it pertains to the modes that do have a "matchmaker"

The main topic was about the lack of information being put out about Faction Warfare no other game modes. MM does need work but there is no MM in FW.

#87 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:19 PM

Who are they listening to? It depends on which PGI staffmember you're talking about.

Russ: listens to players, if a critical mass of people Tweet him.
Paul: listens to noone. Never has.
Tina: listens to Paul.
Matt: listens to players, on Reddit and here in the forums.

I would have said Chris listens to Paul, though to his credit here he is in the forums loyally trying to defend the MWO non-presentation at Mech Con... the moment which removed any doubt about PGI having no further plans for the product we have all invested so much money and emotion in.

Edited by Appogee, 04 December 2018 - 04:58 PM.

#88 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:21 PM

View PostNightbird, on 04 December 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

Fully agreed! I'm not saying PGI should "listen" as in do what one group wants over another group, I'm saying PGI should only "listen" to the pros and cons. Pros from the people in favor of Solaris, Cons from the people against it.

If they sat together in a meeting, and considered, "Hmm, how will the player base receive a mode where all elements of luck are removed, and the outcome is 100% determined by skill in shooting and skill in the mechlab. Our existing mode are too much like poker, we want to create something closer to chess", it's pretty much a given what they would have decided.

OK... and my statement was that a match maker is useless in FP. What else do I need to clarify?

I didn't question your statement, I asked that to Chris, not you

#89 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:22 PM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 04 December 2018 - 04:21 PM, said:

I didn't question your statement, I asked that to Chris, not you

Misread, my bad.

#90 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:23 PM

View PostNightbird, on 04 December 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

Misread, my bad.

No worries. i think we are all a little frustrated at the moment

#91 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:25 PM

View PostWing 0, on 04 December 2018 - 03:57 PM, said:

Chris. I don't want to say anything bad up to this point but something has to be said.. When Ash asked Russ his questions to you guys and all, I was laughing and enjoying the fact that Several of you guys SQUIRMED in front of everyone ON TWITCH especially Russ by far. You guys couldn't give us an honest answer in regards of faction play and all etc. It was embarrassing to see. If I was the CEO of PGI I would've already started firing ppl in the high ups for that fiasco. Ash got you guys good by the balls and he made it evident that people in your departments are not listening to the players who are actively playing in MWO still. Id be blaming not just Russ but also to Paul and you Chris for actions that should not have been done to boot. Let that be noted as to why this was goin to come back and stab you in the back.

I cant find that, can you link it Wing 0?

#92 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:47 PM

look on the recordings on PGI's Q&A on Twitch. it speaks louder than words.

#93 Chris Lowrey

Design Consultant

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 318 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 05:02 PM

I can't recall what he asked either.

If we where squirming, it was probably to try and hear what was being said. We where not mic'ed up with ear pieces and the audio was mostly being projected to the crowd so it was tough to hear what was being said on stage unless someone really spoke up into those little blue boxes. Or was in fairly close proximity to the stage. I can't recall myself what Ash said in that particular Q&A, but we spoke to each other on multiple occasions throughout the event so if he was talking about something that falls into my area he is free to poke me if I didn't respond to what he was asking in the Q&A in one of the many other times we talked at the event.

Also, I did not intend to have this tread derail to just be about Mech_Con. Since we are currently pretty far off the rails from where the OP started and I have yet to see any further questions regarding where we take our feedback from, I'm going to have to withdraw and get back to work. Regarding the Mech_Con stuff, not trying to defend anything so much as provide a different perspective. Up to others to make of it what they will of it since you can't change the past, but I need to focus on what is currently on my plate for what is coming in MWO's future.

#94 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 04 December 2018 - 05:09 PM

Like removing ghost heat from TAG? yes!!! finally!

#95 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 04 December 2018 - 05:16 PM

View PostChris Lowrey, on 04 December 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

I can't recall what he asked either.

If we where squirming, it was probably to try and hear what was being said. We where not mic'ed up with ear pieces and the audio was mostly being projected to the crowd so it was tough to hear what was being said on stage unless someone really spoke up into those little blue boxes. Or was in fairly close proximity to the stage. I can't recall myself what Ash said in that particular Q&A, but we spoke to each other on multiple occasions on through the event so if he was talking about something that falls into my area he is free to poke me if I didn't respond to what he was asking in the Q&A in one of the many other times we talked at the event.

Also, I did not intend to have this tread derail to just be about Mech_Con. Since we are currently pretty far off the rails from where the OP started and I have yet to see any further questions regarding where we take our feedback from, I'm going to have to withdraw and get back to work. Regarding the Mech_Con stuff, not trying to defend anything so much as provide a different perspective. Up to others to make of it what they will of it since you can't change the past, but I need to focus on what is currently on my plate for what is coming in MWO's future.

Finally the questions and answers quite a few people wanted to know. How much of mwo is going to be kept going. Mw5 info is nice and all it being the new shiny and higher priority but mwo still has a player base that wants to see it keep going. Many have invested a lot of their time, money or both in mwo. It's hard to give up or lose some thing you've spent so much time on. One thing I was hoping for was any news on mwo being upgraded or ported over to a newer more modern engine and whether or not existing accounts would be able to port over their assets etc.

#96 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,718 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 04 December 2018 - 05:23 PM

What TAG causes ghost heat?????!!!!!
That explains everything now!
Removing all TAG from my lurm boats right now!!!

#97 Chris Lowrey

Design Consultant

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 318 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 05:29 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 04 December 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

One thing I was hoping for was any news on mwo being upgraded or ported over to a newer more modern engine and whether or not existing accounts would be able to port over their assets etc.

Russ touched on the first part of this question in the Q&A in the same area he talked about extending the license.

View PostJackal Noble, on 04 December 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

Like removing ghost heat from TAG? yes!!! finally!

There isn't any form of Heat penalties on TAG, and never has been as long as I have been attached to the project. I'm not sure if this came up as a bug or something prior to me coming on or its just an old forum meme that never went away, but I see this come up every now and then as if it was intentionally designed as such when it is not. If it is acting up feel free to take video and send it to support so they can track it down since there is nothing in TAG's profile that would have it act in any way towards any form of heat penalty.

#98 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 04 December 2018 - 05:35 PM

View PostChris Lowrey, on 04 December 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

There isn't any form of Heat penalties on TAG, and never has been as long as I have been attached to the project. I'm not sure if this came up as a bug or something prior to me coming on or its just an old forum meme that never went away, but I see this come up every now and then as if it was intentionally designed as such when it is not. If it is acting up feel free to take video and send it to support so they can track it down since there is nothing in TAG's profile that would have it act in any way towards any form of heat penalty.

It's just a meme.

#99 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 05:46 PM

IMO mech con this year was about MECH 5.. As long as they start talking about FW here on the boards i am totally cool with that.

The day MWO web site launched i signed up to get my name, and i asked 1 question. Will there be a single player game. the answere was maybe in the future. At that point i was hooked. As long as the start talking about FW and what is happening soon, i will be very happy.

#100 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:12 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 04 December 2018 - 05:46 PM, said:

IMO mech con this year was about MECH 5.. As long as they start talking about FW here on the boards i am totally cool with that.

NO. "Talking" is ALL they do!

3 months ago Paul made the (mildly insulting) offer to make some "easy, low effort fixes" to FP. The community responded with hundreds of ideas.

And since then: NOTHING has been done. Not even REALLY SIMPLE things like increasing the FP Conquest Tickets, or removing Incursion (or at least increasing the base structure hitpoints), etc.

Hell, at Mech Con, Paul couldn't even be bothered to remember a few things to make empty promises about... that's how little PGI leadership even thinks about MWO at this point.

The last thing we need is more talk. We actually need to see something GET DONE.

Edited by Appogee, 04 December 2018 - 06:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users