Mech Con Live On Twitch

44 replies to this topic

#21 Blockwart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:27 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 02 December 2018 - 08:29 PM, said:

Got some news for you, the ACTUAL community was at MechCon.

Nope, that were Russ fanboys.

#22 Saobh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:49 AM

Well...

That was underwhelming.

Guess any MWO purchases are now feeding MW5 now

#23 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:03 AM

Hope MW5 is ready for my HOTA$$ and head tracker, cant wait

Mech con is the biggest time of the year for PGI, its their own trade show used to promote stuff
I'm sure complaints is another department
Unless you want to make a statement and throw a shoe or some thing.

I aint mad, played the game a long time, nothing last forever.
Dat why I didnt go mad with spending and when I did it was pub money so no biggy.

Hopefully one day something along the lines of the new mech warrior 5 mercs games but full on PvP
A new Living Legends 2.o maybe

#24 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:18 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 02 December 2018 - 08:29 PM, said:

Got some news for you, the ACTUAL community was at MechCon.

All 3? Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#25 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:24 AM

View Postshameless, on 03 December 2018 - 10:13 AM, said:

... September 10th when MW5 Mercs goes live.

Good one! Posted Image

#26 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,185 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:02 PM

View PostWishmast3r, on 04 December 2018 - 08:18 AM, said:

All 3? Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Try nearly a thousand.

my point is the ACTUAL MWO community doesn't @#$%& and whine about everything, actually does PTSs, and spends more time actually PLAYING the game than whining about it.

here's some irony for you guys who obviously didn't watch the entire stream, or see anything offcamera.

#1. the seats were FULL for PGI's announcement Saturday night.

#2. when the seats were less full? that's due to people playing the MW5 Demo, many of whom stood in line for nearly three hours for the Super Pods, if they weren't over playing BattleTech on the computer, or the tabletop version in CGL's booth.

#3. MechCon is about ALL MechFans, not just MWO's. mean, hell, look at the sheer number of Twitchcasters that exist for it. A couple got MARRIED there Sunday morning. You can walk up and talk to literally ANY of said Twitchcasters and chat, or George Ledoux, Randall Bills, Jordan Weisman or the PGI staff.

and #4. You guys should probably note there's a pretty sizeable Battletech-loving community that's within easy driving distance of Vancouver. I'm literally an hour away. HBS is based in Seattle.\

fact is, you guys only get a tiny microcosm of what MechCon actually is, and you try to twist it because you either hold a grudge against PGI for nerfing something you like, still think they run like they did under IGP, or you're just a salty ITG.

[redacted]

#27 Smokeviper

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 37 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:36 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 04 December 2018 - 12:02 PM, said:

ergo, you're not part of the community. You're outliers, you always have been outliers, and you will always BE outliers.

You wound me sir... Actually I could care less about if I’m part of the community, or the twitch streamers with the pretend pay-to-be-friends, or the PTSs, or how many people got married at whatever, or what team won what....

My thing is quick play and playing a game or two or sometime even all day. When I play I usually turn coms off (which unfortunately seems to improve my gameplay experience) and have no interest at all of in being part of make believe drama filled units, I’m not what you’d call a joiner.. personally I don’t do FP, tried it and found it uninteresting for me in its current state, obviously there are people that love it just like there might be people that love Solaris. Here’s the reason why PGI should be concerned about people similar to me (you know “us outliers”) and their performance at Mechcon. I buy their stuff with real money, a lot of their stuff. So after watching the stream looking for some direction of where the game was headed not just faction play, anything really, and finding none, no solid announcements about future content, I have to doubt the future of the game and thus the validity of myself dropping dime (read mech packs) for a game that has no more vision for the future. Mechcon wasn’t just a place for your community that I’m not part of to hang out and party, it was an advertisement of why I should continue to pay money each month. It failed in that reguard and I was hoping that it wouldn’t. Personally I think most of the money from MWO is going towards MW5 right now which is fine, PGI is a business and they make the business decisions, but come on guys tell or show us something! I know that most forum posters are disappointed whiners mostly, it’s sickening reading about people bitching, I guess this makes me one too now, but it doesn’t matter because whiner or not if I keep my wallet closed because I think the games future isn’t even in consideration by the developers, it don’t matter if I’m a star in your community or an outlier like I am. I know there are a lot of hard working people behind the scenes at PGI, unfortunately the presentation by the leaders did all those people and people like me that hope and buy product for continued success for the game, no favors. Too bad really.

#28 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:31 PM

lol if it was not for me and the many other "outliers" there would be no community for you to white knight around. We only ***** and complain because we have a vested interest and love this game and community as much as you. We see errors and faults and want them addressed. So Shun is if you want. This is all a business at the end of the day and without the majority of us dumping money into said business community goes buh bye.

Edited by LordLosh, 04 December 2018 - 03:32 PM.

#29 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:38 PM

my point, Losh, is you''re NOT speaking for the majority of the community. you're speaking for yourself, and you guys are the MINORITY, regardless of how much you think otherwise.

#30 Saobh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:43 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 04 December 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

my point, Losh, is you''re NOT speaking for the majority of the community. you're speaking for yourself, and you guys are the MINORITY, regardless of how much you think otherwise.

We whine ?

Please tell me what new content planned for MWO was announced at this Mechcon ? because frankly that's all that matters

#31 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:01 AM

Wow ... i mean ... wow ...
So much ******** i just don't know where to begin.
Let's make it short. I'm glad that i'm not part of the Russ *** licking community.
You are the problem why MWO still has bugs that are years old.

Edited by Wishmast3r, 05 December 2018 - 10:05 AM.

#32 AlphaPiAlpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:19 AM

The good community guys are actually those people that CARE for MWO, those that care are actually scared that PGI slowly "kills" MWO (either way, technically or driving players out of the game) and we just don't think everything is bright sunshine.
The forums are full of really good suggestions to improve MWO, bug reports and ideas, but PGI does what they always do. Introduce game modes no one wanted and that are deveasting empty (Solaris) and totally screw the heat management (October patch) even admitting, that skillpoints on heat dissapation don't work now as excpected and will be fixed later...

Due to how these heat system changes alter fundamental interactions within the game, a number of known issues have been identified. We will be looking to address these issues in upcoming patches:
  • Heat Containment Skill Tree Skills
Through our investigations into these heat system changes, we have uncovered that there is a bug in the way that heat containment skills are distributing their benefits.....

We will be looking to address this behavior and ensure that it's benefits will be more evenly distributed towards all 'Mechs in a future patch.

Beeing a software engineer, this hurts my feelings. You would never patch a system with something that breaks mechanics on the other end... Oh, BTW, that was in October and is still not fixed, like several more issues that occured cause of their heat changes in that patch. There are so many minor bugs that people just got used to, map overhauls that just lead to people meeting in the centre of a large map cause the rest of the map is useless, Solaris City (QP) map that has "admitted performance issues" and looks like from Duke Nukem 3d from 20 years ago, invisible walls on many maps that just eat your shots, PPCs and bad hit reg, sometimes registering hits at the back of the mech instead of the front and PGI still trying to balance weapons after YEARS....
oh my, I could go on forever and all these bugs have been KNOWN FOR AGES....

They lost my trust and I lost my faith in the game.... Sorry for the long rant, I am just so sad and dissapointed with what they are doing (my2cents).

#makeMWOgreatagain

Edited by Gartenlaube, 05 December 2018 - 10:50 AM.

#33 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:59 AM

Gart, then go get hired by them. offer your skills. if you know how to fix that stuff you're complaining about, TELL THEM HOW, don't just complain about it, actually DO something about it.

fact is, though, the amount of people going to MechCon has increased each year. And there was an announcement about a patch for Faction Warfare coming in the spring, even if they were tight-lipped about what it'll contain.

I am not a "Russ @$$-licker," But PGI has been steadily getting better since they offloaded IGP, and I will point out yet again, the constant legal battles they've gotten into with Harmony Gold, which has cost them a lot of cash that could've gone into the game, and a further incident in the past year that caused a bunch of hardware to go screwball and have to be replaced.

PGI and HBS aren't big triple-A gaming studios (who, btw, gave up on the franchise on the basis that "No one really wants a Mech Game anymore"), they don't have legions of programmers, or spare equipment. If you claim to have the skills to help them out, then offer to.

I know I white-knight, but c'mon, this is logic. if the game isn't how you want, and you have the skills to do so, actually USE them to do so.

Edited by Arkhangel, 05 December 2018 - 12:00 PM.

#34 AlphaPiAlpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:52 PM

There are tons of game developers out there and I am in Europe with family and stuff and I have better things to do, than jumping a sinking ship, I am not that insane. If PGI wants developers and to fix bugs, they WOULD PRIORITIZE these points and not hire people to create bolt ons, e.g. and that scares the **** out of me! I would not want to work for a company which is run that way... To really change stuff, you would have to replace the management. But Russ knows best what to do! #kappa
MechCon is also about Battletech as you pointed out and a lot of people from the BT Community around came which is great. Mechwarrior 5 might become great, too... So people did not come purely for MWO.
But I am just worried about MWO as it is and what they will do with it. The dropping player numbers speak for themselves and ... I am worried, cause I want big stompy PvP action with lot of people... (not just 4 player coop as in MW5). My only hope is that most of their developers are currently working on MW5 and will later be reassigned to MWO, but... will MWO be great if there is no one left to play it?

PGI has to act NOW!
#makeMWOgreatagain

Edited by Gartenlaube, 05 December 2018 - 09:02 PM.

#35 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:47 PM

Yes ...the lawsuit to hg cost a lot ..the disaster with transverse and the ignorance of the old community cost more ...seeing all the good guys thats leave pgi with her know how to bring it in other companys like relic after the transverse disaster 2014...and hbs bring good games in a short ways ...what has bring russ and his staff in 17 years PGI ?! The only sucessfull game idea is a construction set and pgi saddled the next horse and bring all yockeys to the new stable to train it ..in this time the old horse thats brings the money died and to mw5 we heard the same glorious words and ideas like to the start of mwo...great Fp as end content...the best multiplayer experience in Bt and mw ...razor bring a own joystick for mwo ...
Now great pve and coop ...full mod support (ok not so full thats going to deep in the game main structure)...

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 05 December 2018 - 11:58 PM.

#36 tingod

• PipPipPip
  • Leutnant-General
  • Leutnant-General
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:27 AM

PGI has to act NOW!
#makeMWOgreatagain 

... but, paul is tired.

#37 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:18 AM

View PostGojira1308, on 03 December 2018 - 08:34 PM, said:

I'm just going to leave this here.Posted Image

Easy to explain:
- Battletech is more easy for beginners;
- Give much earlier possibilities to modify a greater rage of mechs;
- Provides faster success experience;
- Gives better the heroic personal feeling.

Better would be if they would show how many Batletech player are playing against each other.

#38 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:07 AM

View PostGartenlaube, on 05 December 2018 - 08:52 PM, said:

There are tons of game developers out there and I am in Europe with family and stuff and I have better things to do, than jumping a sinking ship, I am not that insane. If PGI wants developers and to fix bugs, they WOULD PRIORITIZE these points and not hire people to create bolt ons, e.g. and that scares the **** out of me! I would not want to work for a company which is run that way... To really change stuff, you would have to replace the management. But Russ knows best what to do! #kappa
MechCon is also about Battletech as you pointed out and a lot of people from the BT Community around came which is great. Mechwarrior 5 might become great, too... So people did not come purely for MWO.
But I am just worried about MWO as it is and what they will do with it. The dropping player numbers speak for themselves and ... I am worried, cause I want big stompy PvP action with lot of people... (not just 4 player coop as in MW5). My only hope is that most of their developers are currently working on MW5 and will later be reassigned to MWO, but... will MWO be great if there is no one left to play it?

PGI has to act NOW!
#makeMWOgreatagain

they could still outsource to you.

my point really there is, as someone wise once said "don't bring me problems, bring me solutions."

View PostDeadWeight18, on 06 December 2018 - 05:18 AM, said:

Easy to explain:
- Battletech is more easy for beginners;
- Give much earlier possibilities to modify a greater rage of mechs;
- Provides faster success experience;
- Gives better the heroic personal feeling.

Better would be if they would show how many Batletech player are playing against each other.

well, that and you can also punch, kick, deck or headbutt things with your mech as well.

#39 AlexDeath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Participant
  • 582 posts
  • LocationRCW

Posted 07 December 2018 - 05:11 AM

Dear PGI, and when will prizes be awarded for participation? Where is my MC, Mech Bays and everything else for 20 matches in comp play during this season?

#40 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:56 AM

View PostGojira1308, on 03 December 2018 - 08:34 PM, said:

I'm just going to leave this here.Posted Image

Actually tons of people are complaining about FLASHPOINT (although I am happy with it), mostly due to the price (because people who can't afford it get jealous, just like in MWO). I actually can almost buy the argument that FLASHPOINT is overpriced for the amount of content, but it really is just relative.

As for MWO, I have actually been trying to find a decent MECHCON recap, that actually lets me know what PGI presented and is not just full of memes and other shenanigans, though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users