#41 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:06 PM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 05 December 2018 - 11:47 PM, said:

Yes ...the lawsuit to hg cost a lot ..the disaster with transverse and the ignorance of the old community cost more ...seeing all the good guys thats leave pgi with her know how to bring it in other companys like relic after the transverse disaster 2014...and hbs bring good games in a short ways ...what has bring russ and his staff in 17 years PGI ?! The only sucessfull game idea is a construction set and pgi saddled the next horse and bring all yockeys to the new stable to train it ..in this time the old horse thats brings the money died and to mw5 we heard the same glorious words and ideas like to the start of mwo...great Fp as end content...the best multiplayer experience in Bt and mw ...razor bring a own joystick for mwo ...
Now great pve and coop ...full mod support (ok not so full thats going to deep in the game main structure)...

Honestly, the biggest things that have made MWO less than what is should have been were:

- Two of PGI's best programmers leaving to greener pastures before "launch", which left some promised features either delayed for an extended period of time, or left on the cutting room floor.

- Getting rid of one of the best forum mod (and Cicada aficionado) and replacing him with a rude, toxic mod seriously damaged PGI's image (I will not name names).

- Rushing the Clan release (inserting opinion here) in order to show a profit so they could renew their MW licence. Really, there is so much that PGI could have done with the lore between 3025 and 3050 (like HBS is doing, which is why BTECH is doing well overall).

- Releasing an anemic Faction Warfare mode, that only delivered the "pillar" that was promised in the pre-release PC-Gamer article (which got me interested in this version of MWO and got me a closed beta key and other things), in name only (except for the IS MAP). Yes, the new FP info that Paul posted is a big step in the right direction and I hope that it is successful.

Edited by Ed Steele, 07 December 2018 - 12:11 PM.

#42 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:15 PM

IGP didn't help with the Clan release either, as they were a big part of them rushing (and the whole Khan Mech debacle).

#43 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:19 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 07 December 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

Actually tons of people are complaining about FLASHPOINT (although I am happy with it), mostly due to the price (because people who can't afford it get jealous, just like in MWO). I actually can almost buy the argument that FLASHPOINT is overpriced for the amount of content, but it really is just relative.

As for MWO, I have actually been trying to find a decent MECHCON recap, that actually lets me know what PGI presented and is not just full of memes and other shenanigans, though.

From what i can remember, The Corsair was announced, and Alex talked about his process a bit, There's a fairly goodsized Faction Warfare Patch coming in April, and a few other things i can't remember (I was slightly buzzed from a Caesar or two at the time). Lot of their bit at MechCon was showing off how much MW5's come in the past year, as well as the new trailer for it and the cover art... that and Russ having his *** saved by his teammates in the Superpods XD

#44 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 08 December 2018 - 01:22 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 07 December 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

From what i can remember, The Corsair was announced, and Alex talked about his process a bit, There's a fairly goodsized Faction Warfare Patch coming in April, and a few other things i can't remember (I was slightly buzzed from a Caesar or two at the time). Lot of their bit at MechCon was showing off how much MW5's come in the past year, as well as the new trailer for it and the cover art... that and Russ having his *** saved by his teammates in the Superpods XD

Thanks. I really wish they would update their MW5 page, the news is almost a year old.

View PostArkhangel, on 07 December 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

IGP didn't help with the Clan release either, as they were a big part of them rushing (and the whole Khan Mech debacle).

I have my own opinions about the whole IGP debacle, but I will keep them to myself because they are not constructive.

Edited by Ed Steele, 08 December 2018 - 01:22 PM.

#45 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 12:51 AM

BTW what happened to this? I thought after 3 months there would be new infos about the matchmaker.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users